your favorite protein shake recipes?

Options

Replies

• ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    Thanks for all of these! I have been doing powder, frz fruit, and some greek yogurt and need to branch out. I need to get some PB2!
  • BritskyB
    BritskyB Posts: 13
    Options
    Gonna have to get some PB2. Wonderful sounding recipes in here!
  • MamaJasmine
    Options
    I take coffee, ice, whey protein powder and a 1/2 cup of low fat milk and blend... better than caloriebucks.. err starbucks.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I like protein powder (chocolate or vanilla), almond milk, 2 tablespoons sugar free pudding (mix only) in either chocolate or vanilla and a 1/2 cup cottage cheese with some ice. Toss in a blended and mix until smooth. Delicious!!!

These are so good. I also like the sf pistachio pudding with the vanilla protein powder.
  • mamamudbug
    Options
    I take coffee, ice, whey protein powder and a 1/2 cup of low fat milk and blend... better than caloriebucks.. err starbucks.

I like this one. I add Walden's chocolate syrup and it ends up somewhat like a mocha frappe.
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options

I like this one. I add Walden's chocolate syrup and it ends up somewhat like a mocha frappe.

Oh I gotta try this!! wonder if I can just add cocoa powder instead of syrup? :love:
  • mamamudbug
    Options

Oh I gotta try this!! wonder if I can just add cocoa powder instead of syrup? :love:

I imagine so. You may have to add a sweetener, though.

ETA the walden's syrup is 0 calorie 0 carb, etc.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    For people that don't have a blender ( I have one but hate using it) try a immersion blender, or a stick blender..no messy clean up and u can get one for as low as 12$ at Walmart! I couldn't live without mine!!!
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I actually search this instead of asking. Almond milk is crazy popular! I do my scoop of vanilla body fortress with 1 cup any fruit juice and ice. . Add PB or sometimes other frozen fruits. I am adding a scoop of powder capichino tomorrow I think.
  • Jules_1111
    Options
    My current morning favorite (bc I am not hungry in the a.m. but realize I definitely need to eat to keep the metabolism going) is a cup of coffee, a scoop of chocolate whey protein powder, a packet of Stevia, and a sprinkle of cinnamon- all mixed in the blender. The whey protein replaces the creamer I used to use, and gives me a nice amount of protein to start my day. I sometimes have a small greek yogurt or some fruit with it. :)

At other times I use the chocolate protein powder, water (or milk), ice, a banana, and a tbsp of peanut butter.
  • cwatson1214
    cwatson1214 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Are you guys having these as a snack or a meal replacement?
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Drive into smoothie king parking lot.. get out of my car.. order a Gladiator smoothie with double black cherry.. walk back to my car :)

45 grams protein and black cherries have less carbs/sugar than almost any other fruit choice :) FAVE.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    For people that don't have a blender ( I have one but hate using it) try a immersion blender, or a stick blender..no messy clean up and u can get one for as low as 12$ at Walmart! I couldn't live without mine!!!
    great idea! who knew they were that cheap! I gotta get myself one! I hate cleaning my blender everytime I make a shake lol
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Are you guys having these as a snack or a meal replacement?
    I drink mine to up my protein and to eat back exercise cals
  • jallen1955
    jallen1955 Posts: 121
    Options
    low carb green smoothie -breakfast basic

2 cups fresh spinach
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein
    1 tbs flax oil

if I am not being super strict on carbs I will add 1/3 cup mango or a peeled lime....never ever bananas,,,can't afford the carb hit
  • ezrahartman
    ezrahartman Posts: 16
    Options
    Shakeology tropic (it's vegen). DELICIOUS!!!
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    1 cup milk
    1 scoop Gold Standard French Vanilla whey
    Cinnamon
    Nutmeg
    1 shot espresso
    Some ice.

It's my morning coffee and snack mixed together. Excellent with some fruit on the side.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    bumpy bump
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    I know you said you wanted a shake recipe, but everyone needs a good dose of dessert too. One of the girls posted this a few weeks ago, and I LOVE it!

Molten Triple Chocolate Cake

1 1/2 T. Coconut oil (melted into a microwave safe bowl or tall coffee cup) this is what made the big difference in taste
    1 T. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (mix with melted coconut oil before adding anything else)
    1/2 T. Davinci's Caramel Syrup-Sugar free (you could substitute other sweeteners)
    1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder ( I used a whey protein I had on hand, I'm sure your fav would work)
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/4 cup Silk unsweetened almond milk

Stir until its a thick brownie type batter then add

6 hersheys sugar free semi-sweet chocolate chips (this makes it the triple) and push them down into the batter

Microwave for 35-45 seconds, careful not to let it over flow.

Turn over onto a plate and serve warm. (Remember this is a molten cake so it will be gooey but oh so good!

This was very rich so made two servings for me which came out to
    174 Cal. 14 g. protein 4 carbs 1 fiber 1sugar 10 fat (mostly from the coconut oil)
    Your numbers could be a lot different depending on the protein powder you use. The one I used was a little on the high side but it's what I had available.

***My edit to the original recipe above: I don't use the syrup, and I added 1/2 TBSP of cocoa powder. Also, I'll alternate between unsweetened coconut and unsweetened almond milk. Love this recipe!

This sounds delicious!
  • Lala20112
    Lala20112 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump!