your favorite protein shake recipes?

Options

Replies

• DrivenDiva
    DrivenDiva Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, banana, almond milk, loads of ice, and a touch of raw organic honey

green smoothie - raw spinach, chunk pineapple, nonfat greek yogurt, vanilla almond milk, touch of honey,(bonus: half a banana, if I'm in the mood)...
  • erkss
    erkss Posts: 11
    Options
    1 large frozen orange or two small ones (peel before freezing)
    1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
    2 cups of almond milk
    1 drop of vanilla extract
    5 ice cubes

..and blend it up reaaaal nice.
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • carolynbonacci
    carolynbonacci Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also just recently started with shakes and I use Greek yogurt ones after workouts and whey ones in the morning with breakfast (in a to go cup on my way to work).

For the whey so far I have tried Jillian Triple Chocolate Shake and I like it very much.

1/2 scoop Jillian chocolate whey (you could use the whole scoop if you like)
    3/4 cup light vanilla soy milk
    1 tsp Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 packet stiva
    crushed ice
    water to thin

For after workouts I love Greek yogurt and so far I like the following smoothie

1/2 cup Dannon Plain Non-fat Greek Yogurt
    4-5 large strawberries
    1/4 cup mango
    lime juice
    1/4 cup light vanilla soy milk
    1 packet stiva
    crushed ice
    water to thin

It's pretty yummy and the fruit and citrus can be mixed around any which way. What I did find out the hard way this morning is that chocolate whey and Greek yogurt in the proportions I made it were GROSS. So, whey is good by itself and yogurt is best with fruit.

Ohhh, finally you could always crush in some nuts like almonds, pistachios, or walnuts for texture and added protein boost. AND you should search for LASSI recipes. These are Indian drinks with a Greek yogurt base and cool flavor/spice combos. I am going to make one this week:

1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
    1 cup crushed ice
    1 tbsp chopped pistachios
    2 packets stiva
    1/4 tsp ground cardamon
    4 canned peach halves (I found sugar free ones) - this could also be sub-ed with fresh fruit like a mango

This makes 2 servings and sounds awesome. Happy blending!
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    bump
  • msbjo
    msbjo Posts: 1
    Options
    I like to drink the following over 2 days

1 package spinach
    2 cups frozen mixed fruit
    1/4 cup frozen blueberries
    1 serving size crystal light
    1 teaspoon flax seed
    2 to 3 cups of water

blend well and enjoy
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    bump
  • itsnevrenough
    Options
    bump for later
  • Absidey
    Absidey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Vanilla protein powder, 8 oz cold chai tea (just the brewed tea, no milk/cream and hot tea does bad things to protein powder), a sprinkle each of allspice and cinammon.

Chocolate protein powder, 8 oz water, 1 tsp peanut butter, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice.

Chocolate protein power, 8 oz water, 1 tsp peanut butter, 1 tsp cherry extract.

If I'm replacing a meal instead of supplementing after a workout, I'll either double the powder or make with milk instead of water. (I use whole, I'm opposed to skim milk.)
  • KatieConery
    KatieConery Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have just started adding protein shakes to my diet and im keeping them low carb low sugar. looking for some trusty tasty shake recipes:) thanks guys!

Shakeeology!!!!
  • alars09
    alars09 Posts: 27
    Options
    I love the butterfinger shakes that I use with my Vi shape mix. It is SO good...just like your eating a butterfinger, but a healthy one!! woot woot!
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Dashing Dish also has some great protein shake recipes.

http://dashingdish.com/recipe/dashing-dish-official-protein-shake/
  • ajlemaster
    ajlemaster Posts: 7
    Options
    bump indeed
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Body By Vi so so I use their protein powder, but probably any powder would work. My favorite recipe right now is 8 oz unsweetened almond milk, 2 scoops of my Vi protein, 1 TBSP pb2 (powdered peanut butter for whoever it was that asked, also available on Amazon!), 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 oz sugar-free caramel syrup with a couple of ice cubes. 173 calories and DELICIOUS!

Oh my, that sounds sooo good!
  • sexystarfish101
    Options
    Bump
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    bump
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump

thanks!!!!!!!

i always just mix with water....
  • savedchild8
    savedchild8 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    WOW!! All sounds so great!!

My favorite: VEGAN CHOCOLATE PROTEIN
    8 oz Choc. Soy milk
    Dash Cayenne
    Dash nutmeg
    Flax seed meal
    Banana
    Cup of Spinach

I don't add any sweeteners, but you can.
  • Jamierichardson06
    Options
    Look up herbl life recipes they are soooooo yummy i had a key lime pie shake the other day and i love snickers... mmmmmm but i do not always use herbal life products i use Hyvee whey protein its just a store brand and its great!!!!
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    bump