The Thread about Something - Part 33

Options

Replies

• czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    My hubby never does that, he is a everything in its place kinda guy! I'm the forgetful fanny at my house. My only beef is the "its Place" keeps moving every time he rearranges the cabinets! :angry: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Something:

Does anyone else get annoyed when their spouse constantly leaves cleaning stuff...whether it be stuff to clean the counters or dishwashing liquid..ON the counter?? When the cabinet below the sink is RIGHT there....to store it in???

Or am I just :explode: over nothing???:blushing: :blushing:

That would infer that your dh cleans?
    I don't have that problem since DH wouldn't touch the stuff....
    I say be happy he cleans at all and remind him nicely to put the stuff away when he is done
    When DH leaves stuff out my new coping mechanism is to chuck the stuff int he garage
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Something:

Does anyone else get annoyed when their spouse constantly leaves cleaning stuff...whether it be stuff to clean the counters or dishwashing liquid..ON the counter?? When the cabinet below the sink is RIGHT there....to store it in???

I say be happy he cleans at all and remind him nicely to put the stuff away when he is done
    When DH leaves stuff out my new coping mechanism is to chuck the stuff int he garage
    My DH cleaned HIS stuff this morning....and left the rest!! :grumble:

Our dishwasher is broken and I do dishes all day. Hopefully getting it fixed soon!

But, he washed the pan he used to cook bacon...and his plate...and left anything that was JT's or mine!!

:angry:
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    Sounds a bit familiar :angry:
  • kimber607
    Options
    Something:

My DH cleaned HIS stuff this morning....and left the rest!! :grumble:

Our dishwasher is broken and I do dishes all day. Hopefully getting it fixed soon!

But, he washed the pan he used to cook bacon...and his plate...and left anything that was JT's or mine!!

:angry:

They are ALL the same
    My biggest challenge is to get DH to clean up after HIMSELF...I would drop dead if he picked up after me or the kids....that would be too good to be true?

Geez...can anyone tell I am a little tiffed today?
    DH brought a HUGE stack of papers home from his mom's last night and proceeded to crinkle them up one at a time at 11:00 at night and used the fireplace to burn them
    I woke up this am with a FILTHY fireplace, burnt paper and black crud all over the floor and all over my area rug
    :explode:
    I felt like I was going to BLOW
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Something:

Hell yes! Like the dishwashing soap!
    Yes, there were TWO bottles of dishwashing soap ON the counter by the sink!! :huh:

So, I put them underneath. I just don't get it!! :tongue: :glasses:
  • Tiff_09
    Options
    Something:

Yes, there were TWO bottles of dishwashing soap ON the counter by the sink!! :huh:

It's a daily ritual for me, Tami. Everyday I put it back under the sink only to find it back on the counter the next day. Wife's argument for that (and similar habits) is that "its more convienent". I've threatened to keep my riding mower on the front porch for that same reason.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DO IT :wink:
  • kimber607
    Options
    Something:

It's a daily ritual for me, Tami. Everyday I put it back under the sink only to find it back on the counter the next day. Wife's argument for that (and similar habits) is that "its more convienent". I've threatened to keep my riding mower on the front porch for that same reason.

Oh Max, stop being a girlie girl:laugh:
    Dh uses the same excuse.....plus I'm a little anal and shouldn't sweat the small stuff (he leaves his small stuff....all over the house!)
    I've thought about not cleaning up after myself and the kids, but can't bring myself to do it....
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I told Pete that I was going to leave everything out that he leaves out for one week and just see how much is OUT just sitting there by Friday!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Tiff_09
    Options
    Leaving stuff out or trying any reverse psychology doesn't work for me.
    He just doesn't care. :grumble: Messes don't seem to bother him in the least, let alone anything out of place.
  • kimber607
    Options
    Something:

I should. Right now the vacuum has been in our bedroom for over a week. It's on her side of the room so I'm going to leave it.

OMG, I couldn't do that
    It would drive me crazy
    My ds left a few trains right outside our shower (on the matt)
    I left them there for 2 days and watched DH step over them before I finally picked them up
    Let's change topics....this conversation is raising my b/p
    Actually I'm outta here.....catch ya later
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Leaving stuff out or trying any reverse psychology doesn't work for me.
    He just doesn't care. :grumble: Messes don't seem to bother him in the least, let alone anything out of place.
    I know what you mean! :grumble:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    LOL! Max!! That's just mean!!

I like it!! :laugh: :devil:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    good morning Max
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Something:

I should. Right now the vacuum has been in our bedroom for over a week. It's on her side of the room so I'm going to leave it.

HAHA, your wife sounds like me!
    But I have only recently become like this, I am the only one that cleans or picks up, and now having 2 children, I can't ever finish what I start, so I leave the vaccum out, hoping I'll get to it the next day!
    I was real OCD about house cleaning, and order and organization, until I got married, then over time, I have become exhausted and overwhelmed by it all. :ohwell:

Plus I must add, I work full time, do the bills, and errands, aaaahhhhh!