Jacked and Tan

Options

Replies

• giantyellowbus
    giantyellowbus Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    wanted to invite everyone to the tennis courts in clinton on wed. night... its going to be an intense battle of raw athleticism as I face off for the first time against Bo.

its gonna be the WAR ON THE SHORE (of the mississippi)

Holla atcha Boy!
  • hdjohnson
    hdjohnson Posts: 35
    Options
    Hmm...as exciting as that sounds, I will have to pass. I will hold down the fort here in T-co. I hope others take you up on your offer though. At least it would be exciting to see you dominate Bo! :laugh: I thought I'd try out an emoticon. I haven't used one of those in years!
  • bosikkema
    bosikkema Posts: 6
    Options
    Heather,

I would like to apologize in advance for your husband coming home crying tonight. I suggest that you buy him some potato chips, and maybe some ice cream to help heal his wounds. Also, he told me that his favorite movie to watch when he is down in the pits is "Pretty Woman" (at least that is what his facebook profile states).

So once again I am terribly sorry for breaking Toby's spirits, as he will never be able to step on a tennis court again without my backhand haunting him.

Sincerely,

Bo Sikkema
  • hdjohnson
    Options
    Well Bo, I appreciate the advance notice; however, you severely underestimate my husband's tennis prowess. He's a beast on the court (and off) and has been warming up for this WAR ON THE SHORE for quite some time now.

And for future reference, his favorite movie is "A Few Good Men"...

::insert favorite quote here::

"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."
  • giantyellowbus
    Options
    Clearly I was out matched this evening, however, it was a good time and I would definetely get together with all of you again.

By the way, I feel like We both looked so bad *kitten*! No one has looked that good playing tennis since... Never.

I just wanted to thank everyone for coming, have a good night.
  • hdjohnson
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that Toby lost. I'd like to think that it's because he didn't want Bo to get upset.

I hope everyone is doing well and eating right (I'm not after weigh in today...oops). Good luck today and tomorrow and we'll see you on Saturday!
  • hdjohnson
    Options
    Anyone else super excited for tomorrow? I am! I hope the weather cooperates so we can get jacked and tan! I can't wait to meet everyone!
  • SamieD89
    SamieD89 Posts: 7
    Options
    okay i hate this thing.
    i have lost 4 pounds
    it shows up on my profile that i have lost 0 and i dont know what to do
    its making me mad.
  • hdjohnson
    Options
    Samie, did you try clicking the "check in" button at the top of the page. That is where you should have entered a staring weight and then every Thursday you can enter your new weight. It will keep track for you. Good luck!
  • SamieD89
    SamieD89 Posts: 7
    Options
    yeah but i switched like my goal weight.
    i put in my starting weight from before and the weight i want to be and
    then i put my weight now and its being weird.
    gahh i will figure it out. lol =)
    thanks though.
  • giantyellowbus
    Options
    HEY KIDS!!!

Great first meeting on Saturday. It was very healthy and I finally got some color on my skin. BONUS!!

We will plan the next event and let everyone know when. (probably in my neck of the woods this time!)

Good luck to everyone this week.
  • giantyellowbus
    Options
    BIG LOSER THIS WEEK!!!!!
  • hdjohnson
    Options
    Well...after my lunch today you may just be a big loser. I sure hope I didn't ruin everything I've worked for with that one lunch. That would be ultimately sucky.
  • hdjohnson
    Options
    In case anyone was wondering, the girls WON weigh-in today! We totally dominated. My body is paying for it (I'm so tired, too much working out), but I'm feeling better than I ever have! Sorry boys. You'll just have to try harder next week!
  • giantyellowbus
    Options
    Guess who weighs less then 1/4 of a ton... ME, I DO!

Booya.

Working on my tan tomorrow by the pool, then I have a barn dance with lots of food and raffles.

I am going to try so hard not to eat my weight in pork, but its gonna be hard.
  • hdjohnson
    Options
    Well, this weekend was fairly successful. I maintained my weight through Sunday morning, but then really messed up all day Sunday. (where were you Toby?)

Anyhow, it's a new week with a fresh start, so let's work hard at getting jacked and tan this week! We can do it! Tampico Days this weekend, which means it's time to reach mini-goal #1!
  • giantyellowbus
    Options
    MINI GOAL WEEK!!!

Good luck to everyone. Thursday is the weigh in to reach our mini goals and I have to Kick Major FAT *kitten* to get down to mine but I am going to go on a limb and gaurantee it.

I want to invite everyone down to Tampico saturday to watch mud volleyball. (Bo and I have a team) We can grill out at my house for lunch. (BYOM)

See you there.
  • hdjohnson
    Options
    Well, I didn't make my mini-goal; however, for some reason I managed to post a loss this week (even after the disaster that was yesterday: Don Pedros, donut, cookie!). I'm going to work hard this weekend to keep the loss going! Good luck everyone! I hope you all enjoy the holiday this weekend (Tampico Days)! Hope to see you there!
  • bosikkema
    bosikkema Posts: 6
    Options
    (BYOM) --->And you need to bring food to cook on the grill...
  • hdjohnson
    Options
    Meat was brought, and now it's time to get our party on in the tent! Let's hope it doesn't rain too much!