T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 16

Options

Replies

• stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    WOW, team whats up with the motivation thing today? Its like two weeks to bikini weather or something. (I will never be seen in one, but you know, someday we may want to wear shorts or something!) Oh Lulu, where is that slipper??? Here is my motivation: I weighed in today, because I weigh every other Monday for work. I know its a holiday, but I wanted to see... Ya know. So, I am within one pound of being out of the 400 pound club!!!!! Yay!!!!! Come to think of it, I was the only one in the club. :grumble: Since the 17th of February, I have lost 60 lbs. You all have been a big part of that, so get off yer butts and get motivated. (I say in a gentle, loving voice.)

Anyway, do not make me come up there.
    Or over there.
    Or down there.
    Ya hear?

Love you all! Have a great rest of your memorial day.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ah, Kristi...You're an inspiration, woman!
    (**said as Cindy ducks out of the way of the slipper**)
    Seriously, though, you should be very proud of yourself.

I sort of found motivation. I had to go and work at the store. I was dreading it, but it was okay once I got there. AND...my daughter and I walked home! Yippee!

Okay...The last time I did that (last week), I ended up almost comatose with pain the next day, but I'm planning on a rest day tomorrow anyway...
    Reclining on the couch, reading a book, eating "Thinsation" Bon-Bons...
    Drinking water...
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    Sorry gang - wish I could belike Kristi and give some motivation but none here today. - I went completely dead flat. Work was hard last night - huge huge orders - going in an hour early all week. So everyone sleep well tonight and leave me some motivation on here

KRISTI - I am so proud of you. You are doing awesome - Keep up the good work.

Sheila - Awesome Pictures. I actually have walked up that falls years ago. Bring back memories. I will tell you all a story later about those falls and our experience.

Cyndeebee - girl you just keep plugging away and this will come for you. Do it so and easy and it will stay away.

LI4G - all the work you do gal - makes my head spin some days. I wished I lived closer to see your yard

Gang gotta go Good night
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hello Team.....
    GO WORKOUT! GO WORKOUT! GO WORKOUT!
    The hardest part is getting out the door! Hope everyone found their motivation and got moving!
    Happy Memorial Day! :smile:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Hey, just leaving my mark to let you know I was here. I too had a bad day - waaaaay too much food today. Why? tired, bored...all dumb excuses. But the good part is I went for my wog in a new area of the bike path. It was interesting and motivated me to go a little further around each turn. Wore my new shoes so my feet really hurt but it was worth it. Burned off all those extra calories but I NEVER want to eat mindlessly again. How do you stop that cycle????? I finally drank some water and took the kids outside - away from the kitchen!

Back on track tomorrow! See you then.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Pfffhhht pfffhhht pfffhhht..... that is the sound of my slipper hitting my hand gang! Just so you know, I am still here, ready to whack - The holiday is over people - a lot of us have been slacking some lately and it's time to reframe and refocus! We are in to week sixteen!!! This is a great run of togetherness and I think we have come to really rely on each other for support and encouragement and information - we are seeing the regular ebb and flow of life and how it effects our efforts and we are also learning that the mind can be the strongest muscle we have to work! Focus people!! Our health is really the ONLY thing that matters - and the only way to get to a healthy weight is to Try Hard Everyday!!!

I may be out of town, but keep in mind - I have slipper and I will slap it against my hand again and put on my most serious face :angry: if I have to!

Kristi - mmmmp, mmmp! Those are happy kisses on both cheeks 'cuz I am sooooo happy for you! AND because your salon story cracked me up!

Adopt4 and LI4G - great job with the party, the cakes, the fun! I wanna hang with you guys!

Healthymom - you are looking great! Love the new pic!

Dwray - How's the knee? Can't wait to hear how you are recuperating:flowerforyou:

Anita, Cyndee, Jamie, Sheila, Indiana, - loving your posts, the fact that you're checking in and that you are workin' it! Sheila love, love, love the pics!

Things are good in the tumbleweeds of Texas - this is a working trip for sure! I'll check in tomorrow~ ((((((hugs)))))))
    lulu:heart:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Well, Im all done with the yard. ALL DONE!! That is.. until tomorrow! LOL! I only have to haul a tiny load of stuff to the dump then hit lowes and get 2 bags of barkdust for around the bamboo and new red leaf maple tree that were planted yesterday. THEN... it will be ALL FINISHED!! YAYAYAYA!!! I am soooooooo excited!!! I will take some pictures tomorrow so you guys can see, now that its done. In all of the 6 1/2 years we've lived here, this is the first year that I can say that all of the major projects, yardwork, landscaping, ect are finally finished. So... I'll share them with you tomorrow.

My neighbors are happy. They kept yellin from across the street "it looks great!" as they were driving by or coming out of the house. Anyway....I was out for about 3 hours in the sun before I realized "hey, dumbass, you forgot sunscreen!" So I came in and lathered up. Alot of good that did me. By then I was already FRIED! Adopt4, I cant wait to show you....your gonna cringe! What makes matters worst, is I was wearing a tank top and a sports bra, so I have striped shoulders now because the shoulder straps didnt match up. Red & white....I could paint my chest blue and look like the american flag!! :laugh: :laugh: Aloe vera... here i come!! No jacuzzi for me!! Ow! Arms are great, legs are great, back is screaming but not more than usual. A motrin and some rest should cure that! :wink: Needless to say I dont feel guilty about not hitting the gym today. I got a plenty good workout doing that yardwork!

Oh.. and I made the mistake of showing my MIL the cake I made. She volunteered me to make my FIL's cake for his party this coming Saturday. I told her I would, but only if its easy... so... I am making the FIL a German Flag cake since he is from Germany. Flat & Easy... LOL :laugh:

Kristi- WOW!!!! You rock!! Almost there... I'll be looking for a good happy dancer for you next week when you drop out of the 400 club. That is SOOOOOO great!!!!
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    Good morning, everybody!
    :flowerforyou:

If I wasn't feeling inspired before, I am now...after lulu's little talk. No slipper for me, please. I've got a "rest day" today, but what that actually means is that I'll get a lot done around the house.
    (Vigorous housework...60 minutes...)

I'm so jealous (but in a good way) of your yard, LI4G...and I haven't even seen it yet. I'm an apartment dweller, and all of our landscaping is done by our landlords. They keep the yard looking nice, but I don't get my hands dirty. I have a desire to plant tomatoes, transplant my chives, maybe put in a hollyhock or two...
    But it's out of my hands...

That's a goal of mine - moving into a house (hopefully, my own house), but I have to get through the endless Disability Application Process first...
    I'm on Step 3 for Ontario Disability...and Step 1 for Canada Pension...
    With any luck, I'll be through the entire process by this time next year...:laugh:

And in the meantime, I have to rely on my own "skills" to try to make ends meet. My recycled tote bags aren't flying off the shelves yet...but I've started making "baby friendly" knitted animals...and people are requesting more hand-painted purses...
    All stuff I can do from a sitting position...

So, speaking of earning a living, I think I'll go and do that right now.

(How do you add pictures here? I'd show you some of my work...if I knew how.)
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    Good morning, everybody!
    :flowerforyou:

If I wasn't feeling inspired before, I am now...after lulu's little talk. No slipper for me, please. I've got a "rest day" today, but what that actually means is that I'll get a lot done around the house.
    (Vigorous housework...60 minutes...)

I'm so jealous (but in a good way) of your yard, LI4G...and I haven't even seen it yet. I'm an apartment dweller, and all of our landscaping is done by our landlords. They keep the yard looking nice, but I don't get my hands dirty. I have a desire to plant tomatoes, transplant my chives, maybe put in a hollyhock or two...
    But it's out of my hands...

That's a goal of mine - moving into a house (hopefully, my own house), but I have to get through the endless Disability Application Process first...
    I'm on Step 3 for Ontario Disability...and Step 1 for Canada Pension...
    With any luck, I'll be through the entire process by this time next year...:laugh:

And in the meantime, I have to rely on my own "skills" to try to make ends meet. My recycled tote bags aren't flying off the shelves yet...but I've started making "baby friendly" knitted animals...and people are requesting more hand-painted purses...
    All stuff I can do from a sitting position...

So, speaking of earning a living, I think I'll go and do that right now.

(How do you add pictures here? I'd show you some of my work...if I knew how.)
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

I must say vacation was great!! although I did drink alot more then normal.. I didnt hit the gym cuz the hotel is so big and the elevator was broke so I had to walk up and down them damn stairs all week.. plus all the walking along the beach and swimming we played volleyball in the pool the walking the gardens and the climbing the falls.. so I didnt even go in the gym!!! and I did drink alot ecspecially on Our anniversary!!! our Favorite place was the swim-up-bar!!!

Now I need LuLu's slipper myself to get back motivated!!! My feet just hurt so bad from all that walking and standing....

Li4g - sorry to hear about your sun burn!!! I didnt get burnt the whole week while I was gone then my sister buys tiger baseball tickets and I go to the game with her and I got sun burnt on my face!!! I couldnt believe it ... was in Jamaica for a week and didnt get burnt came home one day and fried like a turkey!!! LOL

Kristi - I am so proud of you for all your hard work I cant wait to see your weigh in so we can do the happy dance for you!!! I am going to have to search for a special dance for a special Kristi!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!

Dara - How are things going since I have been away what have I missed with your knee?? how are things going??

Jamie - How was your weekend trip to your sisters??

I have more picutes to come soon!!!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all... Just checking in and then I am going to go do a Walk Away the Pounds DVD.. GOING to get back on track today... No excuses here....

Everyone have a good day...

:laugh:
  • swignal
    Options
    This is hubby and I sitting at the swim up bar on our anniversary!!!!

suescameraJamaica2009127.jpg

This is me doing shots!!! cuz I won the name that tune contest with help from the bartender!!! lol

suescameraJamaica2009151.jpg

another sunset

suescameraJamaica2009158.jpg

this is hubby and I on the beach with the crew ship in the background...

JamaicaMay2009434.jpg

This is another pitcure of Dunns River Falls... you can't go to Jamaica without going to the Falls!!!

JamaicaMay2009554.jpg
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

I must say vacation was great!! although I did drink alot more then normal.. I didnt hit the gym cuz the hotel is so big and the elevator was broke so I had to walk up and down them damn stairs all week.. plus all the walking along the beach and swimming we played volleyball in the pool the walking the gardens and the climbing the falls.. so I didnt even go in the gym!!! and I did drink alot ecspecially on Our anniversary!!! our Favorite place was the swim-up-bar!!!

Now I need LuLu's slipper myself to get back motivated!!! My feet just hurt so bad from all that walking and standing....

Li4g - sorry to hear about your sun burn!!! I didnt get burnt the whole week while I was gone then my sister buys tiger baseball tickets and I go to the game with her and I got sun burnt on my face!!! I couldnt believe it ... was in Jamaica for a week and didnt get burnt came home one day and fried like a turkey!!! LOL

Kristi - I am so proud of you for all your hard work I cant wait to see your weigh in so we can do the happy dance for you!!! I am going to have to search for a special dance for a special Kristi!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!

Dara - How are things going since I have been away what have I missed with your knee?? how are things going??

Jamie - How was your weekend trip to your sisters??

I have more picutes to come soon!!!

Hey Sheila! Welcome Back! You're pictures are great! That falls thing, people climb it? Crazy! Isn't it slippery? Great job on making it to the top!!! Hope you had an awesome time!
    My trip to see my sister become a Master was great. I got to see a lighthouse up there, eat some lobster, and spend time with my family. All in all great!
    I will be heading to Virginia this weekend and Ohio the next. I think I am going to be all traveled out by my Ohio trip!
    Its great to have you back!
    Jamie :flowerforyou:
  • swignal
    Options
    Jamie, where are you going in Ohio?? I dont live far from Toledo!! only about 20 minutes... well have fun traveling...its always nice..
  • nitag
    Options
    I love the pics Sheila...

Okay, 40 mins of Walk away the pounds dvd - Calories burned 479

I will do abs and arms after work...

Everyone have a great day..
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Morning, all. LIke a lot of you, I haven't been sticking to my strict cals... doing a little drinking which is empty calories and sugar... didn't log the entire time I've been off the gym, but I was keeping track in my head and didn't go overboard on anything, ate too many cals but not of junk food so I'm ok with that.

Today - BACK TO THE GYM!!! I'm lazy now I"ve been off so long but the last few days have shown me I CANNOT do this without the gym, as I can't stick to my cals without feeling like I'm starving.

The scale does not show any loss from the last few days, dammit. I was hoping... oh well. It also doesn't show any gain. I know I didn't drink my water, and have been over on sodium (since I didn't log, I can only assume) so I've got some extra water.

Lulu, glad to have the slipper thread. Kristi, YGG!! You are awesome! Welcome back to you guys too from all your travels...

My weight loss has definitely plateaued. My body is telling me "Ive done enough!" So I'm going to work very hard on my mentality and just keep doing what I"m doing and not focus on losing weight for awhile, but to just keep exercising, eating right, and then in a month or two if I'm still stuck where I'm at, I can do something else. But for now, I need to keep up what I"m doing. If nothing else I will lose inches from toning, which is good! So I'm sad but if my body wants to sit at this weight for a bit, I feel that I need to let it adjust.

The only change I might make is I have my MFP goals set to 2 pounds per week. I may drop that to 1.5 or even 1 pound per week, and see if that helps. Will certainly help me on off gym days not to stress about eating too much.

So... gritting my teeth and going to push thru this, let my body have it's way for a bit, and then after the contest is over at the gym next month will maybe start taking classes instead of elliptical and see if I can get the weight loss started again.

I can only do this with ya'll's support, man am I glad you guys are there for me!!!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Hey everyone, how are you today. Just had a smoothie for breakfast with a piece of flax seed toast. LI4G, Sheila and everyone looking for happy dancers, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I am feeling so blessed right now. You guys are so important to my journey here. Can't thank you enough for your support and encouragement. I really love you for it. If I could do the same for you I would. Well, gotta go. Gotta exercise so Friday is a below 400 lbs day. Thank you again!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Oh, one more thought for you over indulgers. Bob Greene (Oprah's trainer) believes that alcohol is problematic not just because of the empty calories, but because it stalls our metabolism and messes with our motivation........ :tongue: Just sayin'

All right, everyone back in the boat - lets keep going.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    on Exercise:

saynothing.gif
  • nitag
    Options
    Kristi you will be below 400 you just wait and see.. It will happen girl...

Adopt4 - Amen sista, I hear ya 100%.. I think a lot of us have been slacking ( I know I have been) and it's time to own it.. It felt so good to work out this morning... I packed a super healthy lunch and I am good to go till I get home

I haven't had a drop of Alcohol since I started this journey in Jan.. I am not a big drinker.. I still feel so bloated and the scale still shows those damn 3 lbs.. NEVER AGAIN!! And you know what sucks, we have so much going on the next 4 weekends.. Party after party.. I will just be the DD....

CM are you just lurking are going to join back in??? Just courious you post every once in a while but they are ?????? or just courious????