Why do women put on makeup and do their hair for the gym???

Options

Replies

• BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    omg i was watching a chic do this when i was there last night. I was like really lady.. now i may have on make up but its from earlier that day.. aint no retouching going on.. heck Mac cost to much to be sweating off
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    lol
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I don't leave the house without a bit of make up on. I dont have alot but I have to atleast have small bit of foundation to even my skin, brush of powder to take the initial shine away and a little eyeliner in the corners of my eyes... but yeah I just shove my hair up and shove on comfy clothes .. but make up.. is a must for me
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Who cares? I don't know why this "issue" continues to pop up. If it makes them feel good to get gussied up, then so be it. Maybe they came from work, maybe they're going to work or out to eat right after, or maybe they just wanted to look cute that day. I rarely ever leave the house without some sort of makeup on simply because that's how I feel most comfortable. I've never been one to run to the store in pajamas or sweats (though sweats once in a blue moon if I'm feeling rather lazy that day) but I see it all the time when others do it and it doesn't bother me one bit! I think the key is to focus more on yourself and less on others or you'll constantly be bothered. :smile:
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I don't go to a gym, but if I did, I would wear makeup. I am absolutely scary looking without it : )

Heck I ran my last marathon with makeup on. I think the other runners appreciated it.

I also tart myself up for races! Photos are taken the whole way round!!!

And always wear nice clobber in the gym ... I bought the nice kit as a treat for achieving certain goals! And to match my great footwear! I always go for pink and black, black or blue.
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Many people go straight to the gym after work.

Would not make much sense to shower and undo one's hair and makeup before a workout.

Just saying.

They do have makeup-removing cloths you can carry in your purse, though. It cleans the makeup off and, if you want to, you can use another to clean the sweat off your face. The hair's not so much a big deal as long as it's not in your way or someone else's.

I wasn't saying that is what I do. I am just trying to say that this thread is really quite ridiculous because who gives a crap what other people are doing at the gym. Worry about yourself.

Besides I am a swimmer so I workout at the gym in a pool. I'd have to be a straight up moron to waste my time taking off my makeup before diving in. Chlorine takes care of that.
  • RosalindaAveni
    Options
    I go directly from work. My makeup is already on, and I throw my hair in a ponytail. If I go on weekends, it's a different story. Straight out of bed! lol
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have on makeup if i've come from work
  • ellebosco
    ellebosco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also am guilty of wearing make-up to the gym. Not much, just a bit of mascara, sometimes eye-liner and foundation. Just makes me feel a bit better if I'm still somewhat made up. My hair always looks bad and sweaty after the gym so making it look somewhat decent before I leave also makes me feel more comfortable. I guess it's whatever makes you feel the best. For me it's wearing a bit of make-up I suppose.
  • maritenour
    maritenour Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    No telling why we girls do anything we do.
  • Seppron
    Seppron Posts: 11
    Options
    They want to look good for them boys, we like that , makes us perform:P /flex
  • kanmuri
    kanmuri Posts: 112
    Options
    I have a few of those at my gym. Every time I see them I think to myself: If you still look cute when you're done, you're doing it wrong.
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I remove all of my makeup prior to my workout. I do crossfit, kettlebell and tabata training in addition to cardio so I turn into a sweaty mess. Makeup during my workouts is a no no because my pores would be FILTHY, and most derms say this is horrible for your skin. But to each her own. I do wear cute gym clothes, (see avatar) because there are so many awesome lines out there. :happy:
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    What about the girls that wear make-up and do there hair to go to the beach or the pool? They won`t even go near the water or if they do, you better not splash them because they will get mad their hair is wet. I still don`t get it.

I love makeup, I like to look good.... but come on.... where is the fun in that....
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    When I used to go to the gym after work, I had left over make up from the day... but ever since I started going in the morning i am as ugly as they can get before sunrise... no one really cares to look at that early hour in the morning!!

however I do see some ladies go into that gym in the early AM looking like they should be out on the town...oh well each to their own!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Because girls who care about their appearance get dolled all for where ever they go. Even if its in their own home.
    You'll never know what may happen.
    This is the same thing I told my roommate when I checked myself in the mirror just to go downstairs to the vending machine in the dorm. Never know who could be down there, I could win $10,000 and be on television...I don't wanna look like I just spent 6 hours with my face in my pillow

That just made me laugh -- but in a good way ! Sooo true. One just never knows ! : )
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I rarely leave the house - no matter where I am going - without at least putting on some mascara. I feel more comfortable if I don't have invisible lashes, but it certainly isn't because I want to be attractive at the gym.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't go to a gym, but if I did, I would wear makeup. I am absolutely scary looking without it : )

Heck I ran my last marathon with makeup on. I think the other runners appreciated it.

I also tart myself up for races! Photos are taken the whole way round!!!

Same here! After looking at photos, I might not have been the fastest woman there, but I was the only one crossing the finish line wearing a big smile and bright-*kitten* red lipstick!

IMG_3942.jpg
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I don't do my hair or makeup for the "gym" but I do go to the gym straight from work so my hair and make up is done!

^^THIS ^^ Exactly!!

Women are so freaking judgmental.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I put on just liner and mascara -- not much, it literally takes 30 seconds to do... just enough to look awake... to go to the gym, to run, to the grocery store, while home by myself... basically because I don't feel like 'me' without it. I am not a vain person - not by any stretch of the imagination - but I look sick if I don't, and I want to feel good while working out. I also go run errands on m way home when I am finished at the gym, so I always have that in the back of my mind, too. My hair on the other hand can be a complete and utter disaster (and often is) and I really don't care... strange. Also, I am an esthetician, so I come by it naturally - it's ingrained! ;) ha ha