Tossing my scale out the window! (pics)

Options
124»

Replies

• Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! I really feel the same. I've been "sticking" at the same sort of weight for the last 6 weeks, but I'm working my butt off and feeling stronger and thinner than ever! Hopefully I look as good as this sometime in the near future :wink:

WELL DONE!!!
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!!!
  • shesapear
    shesapear Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I feel duped! Was expecting pictures of your scale flying out the window. :grumble:

This!!

Your before and afters look awesome!!!
  • gudiiya
    gudiiya Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Super like! :)
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    awesome tummy and biceps!
  • scubachic77
    scubachic77 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Which group is it?! I love to eat and am totally willing to work out for it...especially if it gets my abs to look like yours!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I too was looking for smashed scale pics...

Great job though! :wink:
  • rayleansout
    rayleansout Posts: 234
    Options
    I needed that today -= Thank you!! Oh and you look awesome!
  • OneFitMom_
    OneFitMom_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! I also had a BIG baby (almost 10 lbs.) and a c-section. Clean eating and training properly really do pay off. Keep up the great work.
  • dasblondie
    dasblondie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous...can you tell me what group you joined and what changed that helped you to start losing (or gaining muscle)...i have recently started to gain weight as i upped my calories because i met my goal weight...i also started to work out so im not sure if im gaining muscle or whats going on?? i would love to figure out what im doing wrong and your doing because you look great!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Can you share more info about how you went about upping your calories, and what your workout routine is like?

Well, I joined MFP in October 2011 and pretty much was at the 1200 calories as it seems like so many are on here. I was eating back my exercise calories, so probably eating1500-1600/day and just felt STARVING all the time. I lost a few pounds initially but then they came back. :( After Christmas I got fed up, and about the same time stumbled on the "2000+ ladies group" (link below) and felt like a curtain had been lifted from my eyes.

I gradually upped my calories starting the first week in January.

In December 2011 my average (NET calories because at this time I was logging as "usual" on MFP) was about 1250/day. Starting the 2nd week in January I decided to forgo logging exercise on MFP and base my GROSS calorie goal off my TDEE minus a small deficit. In January I averaged 1850 calories a day (again, this is gross, not net). In February I averaged about 2050 calories a day. In March so far I've averaged between 2200-2300/day.

My workout schedule is pretty intense right now...I'm running a marathon in just over 11 weeks. So I'm running 30-40 miles a week (spread out over 3 runs a week) plus lifting weights twice a week, yoga once a week and cross-training (usually spin class) 1-2 times a week.

When I'm not in training I don't run nearly as much (20 miles or less a week) and probably lift 3x a week instead of 2 and do a little more "other stuff" (another cardio class or spin twice a week or something like that).

Link to the group:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/34-women-eating-2-000-calories-per-day
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    And I just wanted to add that I live in a one-story house and the windows are low....if I dumped my scale out the window it would probably hurt its feelings more than anything. I don't have anywhere high enough to drop from to break it....unless I go up to the roof and I'm not about to do that. Me + ladders = no way!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I'm just at the beginning of eating more and strength training, so I'm hoping I see results like yours in a month or two!!! You have the most perfect stomach!!!! congrats!!
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Incredible!
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    ScrewyChars-7581967
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Google Images wasn't even a lot of help. Below is the best I could do. :frown:

throwing_scale.jpg
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!! Maybe I need to check that out.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!!

I'm trying to get into this elusive group of women who lift (and eat more!)... no idea how much I should be lifting (as much as i can, i guess...). Would love advice...

But man (err, woman...), good job! :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,948 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!! Welcome to eating for fuel!! (It works....and you're good proof of that!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!