How often do your record your weight?

Options

Replies

• wowens1
    wowens1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale, so I weigh and record whenever I go to my parents house. (once or twice a week.)

It's hard to get obsessive about the weight that way.

Bump--I think that means 'copy that' ?? or kudos?? anyway...same here.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Once weekly - Friday morning right after I wake up ...
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at least once a day, but only log it in twice a week. Wednesday and Saturday.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on Thursdays, after weighing at the doctor's office.
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    every saturday. this week i did do a mid-week weigh in because i wanted to make sure I was on track
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I jump on the scales daily but only record my weight on a Saturday morning
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    I record like once a week!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but only record myself on Mondays. While I do weigh myself, I'm trying to keep myself focused on my workouts and my boxing rather than my waist and my scale (though not gonna lie, its a terrific perk!)
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm like you; I like to weigh in every day to see what my body is doing. I realize that weight itself fluctuates quite a bit and quite often, so I'm okay with that.

I "officially" weigh in every Wednesday. I call it "Weigh-In Wednesday." I also realize that recording weekly does mean that I will still lose, plateau and gain from week to week. What I look for is an overall trend in the pattern of my weeks. If you can graph your weekly weigh-ins and see an overall downward movement, then I think you're doing okay. I'm in it for the long-term.

Just my two cents. Do what makes you feel good and best wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I record it every Monday in a group I'm in. I just recently added my week by week weight loss in my profile so I can look at the progress from when I started to now. It's interesting, and I love looking at it. I weight myself every day just to see how I'm doing throughout the week though.
  • mamanicole79
    mamanicole79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one with OCD with the scale. I do the same exact thing. For me weighing during the week shows me I'm doing right or wrong. I only log my weight on Mondays but on Wednesday for some reason, I'm always lighter and as much as I want to log that I don't, I just wait till the following Monday.
  • healthycurves2012
    Options
    I weigh myself whenever the mood strikes, which I try to do about once every 2 weeks, maybe once a month if I'm not thinking about it. The measurements mean more to me than the number on the scale. As long as those are going down, I know I'm making progress.
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Started out once a week, then changed to every two weeks, and now only do it once a month. Sounds crazy, but I can get OCD about it too, so I must be careful. Plus, there's something rewarding about seeing a "big loss" each month. I also make sure I do it a week or two after TOM visits.
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but that is my reality check. For example, I was down on Saturday and again on Sunday; both of those were recorded. Today, though, I'm up 1 lb but didn't record it because it will be gone in a day or two. I record new low numbers, and only record higher numbers if they stay with me for more than a week. In my crazy head, it's more than water at that point.
  • mindfulone
    mindfulone Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a week to many things that could change with fluid intake I dont need to do anymore than that.... I use my clothing to tell me how I am doing.
  • BreanGuerrero
    Options
    I just started, but I weigh myself every morning when I wake up, but I plan on only logging on mondays.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Since I have just started my new healthy lifestyle, I weight myself everyday because it really motivates me when I saw the lbs drop..even if its 0.2 lbs I am happy

But once I get into my routine permanently, I will switch to once a week.
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but only record weekly, and I record whatever the weight is on that day - Thursdays for me. I think I'll weigh daily for the rest of my life. I'm not neurotic about it, it just seems a good way to start the day and recognize that my actions during the day could show up the next day. Helps keep me in check and in balance.
  • merie08
    merie08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself everyday.I don't see a problem with it. But I only record it if my weight goes down, even if its by .2 or something. Makes me feel like whatever I am doing to drop even that little bit I need to stick with it.
  • bennypearls
    bennypearls Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record daily. Regardless of if it is up or down. I also make sure that I do it right when I get up, and right after I use the bathroom. First a gallon of water ( 16 - 8 oz glasses) can weigh about 10 lbs, and you should be drinking at least half that a day. So if you weigh yourself in the morning right after you use the bathroom, you could be as much as a pound lighter. Second, I do it daily so I can track my fluxuations throughout the week. One of the many metrcis to track your progress. Remember that weight loss is a combination of factors. Good nutrition, good health (including sleep), and good exercise. So the ability to record as many of those metrics as possible will help you track your true progress.