Sloppy Women at the Gym

Options

Replies

• freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I wear cheap yoga pants and wrinkly old t-shirts. It's comfortable. I'm already disliking being at the gym, so I don't feel the need to wear something I'm going to feel self-conscious in (and I will feel self-conscious at ANY weight/level of fitness).

I don't have any beef with ladies that "dress up" to workout. Whatever makes you feel the way you want to feel while working out! More power, and all that :)
  • latinqueencee
    latinqueencee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    How you choose to look at the gym is your business.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I personally couldn't care less what you wear or don't wear, whether or not you have make up on lol

I would say I'm more the sloppy person, and I don't care that you don't like it lol

I will work out in what I feel COMFORTABLE IN. I never wear make up period. I hate the stuff and I have no desire to put it on my face.

people need to stop focusing on what OTHER people are doing, and just be comfortable with who they are and what they are doing to improve themselves.
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If you choose to put on a face of makeup and doll up your hair just for the gym - so be it....but if you still look that cute after your workout - then it's pretty clear that you probably weren't working hard enough.

glad someone said it!! I was coming here to just post the exact same thing.
  • hightekredneck
    Options
    hahahahah That's Great! Your at the gym to workout NOT for a fashion show!
    I dont really pay any attention to what other people are wearing at the gym,but I can only hope that something im doing or wearing is ruining someones day and forcing them to type out their frustraions on some message board somewhere:laugh:
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    As long as your clothes are not too small for you, wear what you want! I would much rather have the person on the treadmill infront of me be wearing a baggy too big tshirt and yoga pants then one of the girls who show up in spanx shorts and workout bras that are two sizes too small.

Why should I be subjected to having to spend my treadmill run seeing them dig their shorts out of their yoo-hoo every 15 secs?
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I love that this thread is getting so much attention.

I am guessing that since there were like 30 ridiculous threads about why women dress up to go to the gym... OP decided to start commmotion about all those "slobs" that go.

Not serious.

Nobody cares. But look how many people responded. lol
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I don't care if people have cute clothes and hair... but I don't go to look good for other people. I go to sweat and get disgusting until I've beaten my body into shape.

I'm also of the feeling "If you look pretty when you are done, you didn't do it right." ha

I don't pay attention to the other people. I'm too busy busting my butt.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Because the people who are dressing like that are typically not doing **** for a workout.

And you care why? As long as they aren't in my way, they are like a pretty picture

That "and you care why" seems kinda unfair. Opinions were asked for and the person answered with his opinion.

If people are honest it's clear certain women go to pose and look cute vs. a real work out. But if it makes them happy and adds something to their gym/life experience, they shouldn't worry about what strangers think.
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    I couldn't care less what I look like at the gym, but I also couldn't care less what anyone else looks like.

I think your thread title 'sloppy girls' is basically doing what you're complaining about other people are doing though....judging other people at the gym
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I don't care if people have cute clothes and hair... but I don't go to look good for other people. I go to sweat and get disgusting until I've beaten my body into shape.

I'm of the feeling "If you look pretty when you are done, you didn't do it right."
    haha. Saw that the other day on someone's MFP account.

^^
    Agreed.
  • joannea1988
    Options
    to be honest if some ones in the gym , they have made an effort to be there, why is it any one else buisness what they wear, it only clothes!
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just wear a sports bra and shorts. I put my hair up in a ponytail as well...but that is as much as I do. If anyone wants to get dressed up and look good for working out then it doesn't bother me at all. Everyone is different
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I don't really care what other people look like at the gym, and me personally, I make sure all my makeup is off my face before I go. I don't want it smearing all over my towel as I'm mopping my face off for the hundredth time. I usually have to take off my glasses too because those are dripping. If I leave that gym without my t-shirt soaked through with sweat then I figure I didn't work hard enough. So me personally, I don't care how I look when I get there because I'm going to be disgusting by the time I leave.
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    I just wear a sports bra and shorts. I put my hair up in a ponytail as well...but that is as much as I do. If anyone wants to get dressed up and look good for working out then it doesn't bother me at all. Everyone is different

I would look oddly at someone wearing only a sports bra at my gym, but only because it would be so inappropriate in Thailand (rather than personally caring) and I'd be shocked.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I GUESS..SOME WOMEN MIGHT FEEL LIKE IF THEY ARE ABOUT TO SWEAT IT OUT, THERE IS NO NEED TO LOOK LIKE A BEAUTY, BECAUSE MID WORKOUT YOUR GONNA BE MAKING UGLY FACES, SWEATING AND YOUR HAIR MIGHT COME UNDONE ANYWAY. SOME WOMEN MIGHT ALSO THINK THAT IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE GYM TO LOOK PRETTY YOU ARE NOT REALLY THERE TO WORK, BUT IF IT WORKS FOR YOU..THEN IT SHOULDN'T MATTER WHAT OTHERS THINK--JUST ROCK IT. :)

stop yelling at us :explode:
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    there are women at my gym who get all sauced up, and then do like 2 hours of low-intensity elipitical or treadmill, or like stretch for an hour...that confuses me, but oh well

then, there are the women who show up in ripped tee shirts, stained sweat pants and sandals (WTF?)--no joke, i saw a lady at the gym in all these, and she was just standing next to the guy she was there with while he worked out on the treadmill, she didn't do anything herself.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I guess I get what the OP was saying. When I work out at work, I tend to go with the baggy wind pants and a t-shirt or maybe a tank top. I don't want to get overly sweaty when I'm here so I keep it cool and loose. I hate running in loose floppy clothes (well, I hate running period so the floppy clothes just make it worse) so I don't wear them to the gym. I don't give a rats behind what anyone else thinks of me there I pull my short hair up in to a ponytail to keep it off my neck when I start sweating. But, I do have to admit that when I have a cute outfit on I'm more excited to work out. Maybe it's because I'm so proud of how far I've come and that the outfit looks good on me? Who knows. We all need a confidence boost sometimes, even at the gym. To each their own whatever that is.
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I am a HOT MESS at the gym. Seriously. Nothing fits right, my hair is a mess, I'm sweating and ugly. I want to be one of those women at the gym who looks GOOD while exercising...those chicks with the cute little yoga pants and the nice bouncy ponytail. I'm just not that well put-together. But have at it, ladies! Some of you look really REALLY beautiful while working out. I admire that. I, personally, however...feel lucky when I can simply manage to extricate myself from my kids and dash out to the gym for a quick, ugly sweat session in my ugly workout gear. :)
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I for one have complete respect for the complete made up woman who is working her *kitten* off working out... it is the one that makes herself up and is strolling around the gym seeking attention from all those in the weight area that drive me nuts...

If I go to the gym in the evening I have make up on since I go home change real quick and walk out - but if I go in the AM nothing but chapstick...

It isn't the makeup it is the attitude of some of those that do use all the make up and you can tell they have curled their hair and are not breaking a sweat... hog the machines to view the guys working out...