Replies

• Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Little Red Book of Selling- Jeffrey Gittomer
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    Reading "Chi Running" and "An Embarassment of Mangos" both on my Kindle. And I have 2 or 3 other books on there just waiting for their turn.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading the textbook for my logic class. Also reading: Western Civ textbook, and The Letters of Abelard and Heloise.

Hooray for college.
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    Chi Running
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I am currently re-reading the Harry Potter series. I'm on book 4; Goblet of Fire. :)

I've read them all twice and I have to make myself read other things now. I just want to read HP over and over and over!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    “The 21 irrefutable laws of leadership” ...its kind of out dated though. it mentions steve job's comeback at apple and says "only time will tell if Jobs is successful in returning Apple to the profitable company it once was"...i'm looking at my iphone and thinking "yeaaaah i think it will turn out fine":huh:
  • kenmunson333
    kenmunson333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just about finished with "1781: The Decisive Year of the Revolutionary War" by Robert L. Tonsetic. Next on my Kindle Fire is "First Life" by David Deamer. After that, it's back to "The Game of Thrones, Book 5" by George R. R. Martin.
  • brandeejaxn
    brandeejaxn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished the newest Anita Blake book. Reading the Fire, part of the witch and wizard books by James Patterson. Next I plan on reading the Strain. I'm looking forward to a good horror book!
  • Flamenquero
    Flamenquero Posts: 132
    Options
    "Sir George Martin: The Fifth Beatle or the Architect of the Phenomenon of the Beatles?"

Very insightful.

Also re-reading "Principles of Applied Reservoir Simulation" by John Fanchi. Professional reading for work.
  • jkburris
    jkburris Posts: 3
    Options
    I am almost finished with Mere Christianity by CS Lewis. The author of the Chronicles of Narnia. An ex-athiest view on the basics of Christianity. I am looking at a tablet or a smart phone I can download books to.
  • Flamenquero
    Flamenquero Posts: 132
    Options
    Just started Synchronicity: The Art of Coincidence, Choice, and Unlocking Your Mind by Kirby Surprise....have high hopes but will see :)

I read the one by Carl Jung. Interesting stuff.
  • christyjoyjr
    Options
    Christopher Moore-Lamb The Gospel according to Biff Christs childhood friend

Christopher Moore-The Stupidest Angel

He is hilarious. My SO has every book he's writen and calls his friend Biff.
  • brandalini
    brandalini Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I just finished the newest Anita Blake book. Reading the Fire, part of the witch and wizard books by James Patterson. Next I plan on reading the Strain. I'm looking forward to a good horror book!

I love the Anita Blake series!!
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. Third book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones is based on it).
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    How the States Got Their Shape, by Mark Stein. I'm a history nerd...
  • missmorninglory
    Options
    I'm currently reading the textbook for my logic class. Also reading: Western Civ textbook, and The Letters of Abelard and Heloise.

Hooray for college.

Ditto

I'm currently reading Paradise Lost and Quality and Performance Improvement in Healthcare.....fun times.
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just started reading Before I go to Sleep, S J Watson.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    80/10/10 By Dr Robert Graham almost done

The Awakening
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This thread has gotten super long and who knows who is reading the posts way back here at the end of the line! However, I will put out there the list of things I read in case I manage to touch on something no one else did.

I read a lot, ranging from Young Adult to Romance

Here are a few of my recommendations by Author

Charlaine Harris
    -Sookie Stackhouse series
    -Aurora Teagarden series
    -Lily Bard series
    -Harper Connelly series

Cassandra Clare
    -Mortal Instruments series
    -Infernal Devices series

Richelle Mead
    -Vampire Academy series
    -Bloodlines series (follows after the above)

Lauren Kate
    -Fallen series

P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast
    -House of Night series

Janet Evanovich
    -Stephanie Plum series (hysterical!)
    -Diesel and Lizzy series

Sherrilyn Kenyon (LOVE all of this!)
    - Dark Hunter series (including Dream Hunter books- has about 28 books I think)
    -Chronicles of Nick series (young adult series that follows a character from the above adult series)
    -Belador series (written with Dianna Love)
    -She also writes the BAD Agency Series and The League series that I haven't gotten to yet

George R. R. Martin
    -Song of Fire and Ice series (better known as Game of Thrones- these are super long, but excellent)

Christopher Paolini
    -Inheritance series (starts with Eragon)

Rick Riordan
    -Percy Jackson series
    -The Kane Chronicles series
    -The Heroes of Olympus series

Emily Giffin
    -Something Borrowed
    -Something Blue

Pittacus Lore
    -Lorien Legacies series

Stieg Larsson
    -Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series

Cinda Williams Chima
    -The Warrior Heir series

L.M. Montgomery
    -Anne of Green Gables series

Suzanne Collins
    -Hunger Games series
    -Gregor series (really for younger kids, but are really cute little books)

Kristen Heitzmann
    -I am not going to list them all- but she writes Christian fiction and I adore all of her books. She ranges from historical fiction to present day and some of those tie to each other which I really dig.

Kathryn Stockett
    -The Help

Gregory Maguire
    -Wicked series (First two are the best, second two are only okay)
    -Mirror, Mirror
    -Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister

Kate Jacobs
    -Knitting Club series

Becca Fitzpatrick
    -Hush, Hush series

Melissa de la Cruz
    -Blue Bloods series

Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
    -Beautiful Creatures series

I was also an English major and would recommend a lot of "classics," I just haven't read any of them in awhile myself - all time love is Jane Eyre and actually really liked Moby ****. Tons of others could go in this list too! :love:

Then there is my to read list, which I will bypass since this is already ridiculously long, but the list includes a lot of biographies and non-series books! I am also reading the Shades of Grey series right now, but am not sure if I would really recommend it!
  • barwwd
    barwwd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I borrowed The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks from a friend. Been so long since I managed to get nearly half-way through a book, haha. I'm also trying to read Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris, part of The Southern Vampire Mysteries/True Blood series. I was reading 50 Shades of Grey until I dropped it. Totally awful book.

SERIOUSLY, how are you the only other person I've seen so far that has not liked 50 shades of grey?!?!?!? I tried. I REALLY tried. I waited and waited as number 150 something in line to get it at the library and when I finally started it, I overlooked the simplistic plot, pathetic characters and blatent typos, but for heaven sake I had to return it to the library without finishing it. All those other people waiting for their turn to read deserve to be put out of their misery. Sigh.