What are you currently reading??

Options

Replies

• kelsbel12
    kelsbel12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The 3 Fifty Shades books are a must! I just finished the Pact and The Last Song. Any Nancy Pickard book is good too
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Monster Hunter International by Larry Corriera.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Finally finished the Earth's Children series by Jean M. Auel (aka Clan of the Cave Bear) - got a little repetitive from time to time but it was an interesting read!

Picked up "Virals" by Kathy Reichs (1st book in her new YA series) and "Still Missing" by Chevy Stevens at the library last night. Need to go back tonight to get the audio version of Anna Karenina that I ordered last week. I'm trying to catch up on some of the classics and my Dad recently reminded me of this one as he watched the movie version.

Still on the waiting list for "50"!
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Janet Evanovich series--I think I'm like 15 maybe

I've read the Stephanie Plum series, but only read them back-to-back-to-back once. It gets trying. She doesn't seem to get much better at all, and even though there are some differences in names and stuff, the plot is always the same. I still buy them as soon as they come out, though.

This is me with the Patricia Cornwell "Kay Scarpetta" series. Loved the first 10, but the last few have been very trying to read. It's almost a chore to finish. I wish she could find her way back to the way her books used to be. But, like you with Evanovich, I still buy the Cornwell books as soon as they hit the store. :smile:

For clarification, when I said "She doesn't seem to get much better" I was talking about the character, not the author.
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Janet Evanovich series--I think I'm like 15 maybe

I've read the Stephanie Plum series, but only read them back-to-back-to-back once. It gets trying. She doesn't seem to get much better at all, and even though there are some differences in names and stuff, the plot is always the same. I still buy them as soon as they come out, though.

This is me with the Patricia Cornwell "Kay Scarpetta" series. Loved the first 10, but the last few have been very trying to read. It's almost a chore to finish. I wish she could find her way back to the way her books used to be. But, like you with Evanovich, I still buy the Cornwell books as soon as they hit the store. :smile:

For clarification, when I said "She doesn't seem to get much better" I was talking about the character, not the author.

Thanks for clearing that up. :bigsmile:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    The MFP forums.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. Third book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones is based on it).

I'm reading the first one right now. I am also waiting until payday to buy Mockingjay to finish out the Hunger Games Trilogy.
  • d0gma
    Options
    A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. Third book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones is based on it).

I'm reading the first one right now. I am also waiting until payday to buy Mockingjay to finish out the Hunger Games Trilogy.

Prepare to be disappointed. I loved the Hunger Games, liked Catching Fire, was very disappointed with Mockingjay. From what I've seen, lots of people felt the same, but maybe you'll like it. May the odds be EVER in your favor.
  • k8blujay2
    Options

Prepare to be disappointed. I loved the Hunger Games, liked Catching Fire, was very disappointed with Mockingjay. From what I've seen, lots of people felt the same, but maybe you'll like it. May the odds be EVER in your favor.

Oh... :-( I hope it's not too disappointing... But I feel I must end this trilogy...

Now A Song of Ice and Fire, I am just reading because I cannot wait for the next season to start and I must know if Joffery dies (don't tell me if you know)... and if so how... I loath him so much that I just want to take Arya's needle and stab him a few hundred times.
  • DemOniC_PT
    DemOniC_PT Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Dune Messiah by Frank Herbert (not as good as Dune) :ohwell:
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    In Deep Voodoo - it's a Kindle freebie...not bad so far
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,107 Member
    Options
    Today----

Murder on Fifth Avenue (A Gaslight Mystery) by Victoria Thompson

Yesterday----

Wicked Business by Janet Evanovich

A couple of days ago----

Murder on the Half Shelf (A Booktown Mystery) by Lorna Barrett
  • PrettynWitty12
    PrettynWitty12 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm on the second book. Fifty Shades Darker, in the Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy...I love it!
  • d0gma
    Options

Oh... :-( I hope it's not too disappointing... But I feel I must end this trilogy...

Now A Song of Ice and Fire, I am just reading because I cannot wait for the next season to start and I must know if Joffery dies (don't tell me if you know)... and if so how... I loath him so much that I just want to take Arya's needle and stab him a few hundred times.

Haha! I am reading A Song of Ice and Fire because I want to start watching the show, but want to read it before I start.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    A Smile as Big as the Moon.

Edit: d0gma! Thundercat fan! (Honestly. I thought I was the only one!)
  • d0gma
    Options
    Edit: d0gma! Thundercat fan! (Honestly. I thought I was the only one!)

Definitely not the only one, I get comments on it often. Cheers.
  • k8blujay2
    Options

Haha! I am reading A Song of Ice and Fire because I want to start watching the show, but want to read it before I start.

As I am reading I am realizing that HBO did a pretty good job at portraying things (so far) in the book on film. As I am reading I can see the exact scene in my head... of course there are some differences, but for the most part it's been dead on so far.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Kiss the dead - L. K. Hamilton
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Kiss the dead - L. K. Hamilton

LOVE Laurel K Hamilton... great stuff.

I read a lot. Right now it is "The Power of Habit", by Charles Duhigg....but usually I will read a few chapters of the practical book, then switch to read a few smutty novels over a couple of days... then back to the practical or challenging. My reading tastes vary based on my moods.
  • c2h5m8h6
    c2h5m8h6 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Im reading A Womans Courage by Jacqueline Gold a true stort on the woman behind Ann Summers great read :)