I am currently reading the "50 Shades" Trilogy! :blushing:
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Fifty Shades of Grey - EL JAmes and The Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno
  • PHATmommy68
    PHATmommy68 Posts: 112
    Options
    John Grisham's "The Appeal". I love a good legal read and this is just as good as anything he's written in the past!

I just pop my headphones on, lay out in the sun to "tan up" my new body and I don't think about food!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Shadow Of Night by Deborah Harkness and I feel like I am the only girl that isnt remotely interested in reading the Mr Grey books!!!

You're not alone!! I read the first few pages and couldn't tolerate it!!
    Not to hijack this great tread, but you aren't alone. I read the first and it was horribly written and quite stupid!

I also just finished the Steven Tyler biography...interesting read, but it seems to jump around a little, like listening to him speak - kind of "ADHD"
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    William Gibson - Neuromancer
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    William Gibson - Neuromancer
    Good choice! :)

(I almost went by the screenname 2jane here)
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Griftopia - Matt Tabbi
    Too Big To Fail
    The End of Faith - Sam Harris
    The God Dimension - Richard Dawkins
    God is Not Great - Cristopher Hitchens
  • INFJ
    INFJ Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    "The chairs are where the people go" Misha Glouberman, Sheila Heti
  • philfinallyfit
    philfinallyfit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The Republican Brain: The Science Behind Why They Deny Science, and Reality -- Chris Moody

The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion -- Jonathan Haidt

Seeing Grey in a World of Black and White: Thoughts on Religion, Morality, and Politics -- Andy Hamilton

Holy Misogyny: Why Sex and Gender Conflicts in the Early Church Still Matter -- April De Conick
  • Lottie_Clayforth
    Options
    Lasher - Anne Rice :)
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have recently discovered books by Haruki Murakami
    I have read Sputnik Sweetheart and South of the Border, West of the Sun, both excellent books!
    Currently reading, Dance,Dance, Dance, much longer than the other two but just as good! :D
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    The message boards.
  • BaileyKat52
    BaileyKat52 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Lasher - Anne Rice :)

Read that series and the vampire series...great books...loved them.
  • BaileyKat52
    Options
    I'm reading Shadow Of Night by Deborah Harkness and I feel like I am the only girl that isnt remotely interested in reading the Mr Grey books!!!

You're not alone!! I read the first few pages and couldn't tolerate it!!
    Not to hijack this great tread, but you aren't alone. I read the first and it was horribly written and quite stupid!

I also just finished the Steven Tyler biography...interesting read, but it seems to jump around a little, like listening to him speak - kind of "ADHD"

I totally agree about the Fifty Shades books. I did read them but I had to fight my way through. I just kept reading thinking it has to get better ....it didn't.
  • colpol1
    colpol1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading Virtual Strangers by Evelyn I think she is called? The book is so far away and I cant reach for it, yes I am lazy!
    I picked it up from the library, half way through and I like it alot.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Just finished the second Patrick Rothfuss book and I can't wait for him to write the third! If you liked 'Game of Thrones', make sure you pick up Patrick Rothfuss - it's a different world, with different characters but very well written and engaging. I'm addicted!
  • BaileyKat52
    Options
    Just catching up on the last couple of Alex Cross novels by James Patterson now. Just finished I, Alex Cross and now into Cross Fire.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Just finished the Gone series by Michael Grant (5 books-dystopia).

Now working on the The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (6 books-vampires).

Also have The Maze Runner series by James Daschner lined up for later.

Can you tell I like series?
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Pearl by John Steinbeck. Short and sweet and, as par the course, a spot-on description of humanity in all its beauty and horror.