What is you're "go to" kitchen tool for dieting?

Options

Replies

• seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    A simple steamer basket... the metal kind that goes in a pot. I use it every day to steam broccoli, onions, cabbage, spinach etc. Super healthy sides to eat with whatever protein I'm making. I usually eat them with just a little salt and pepper or sometimes a little vinegar... and I can have a lot since they are so healthy... YUM!

I agree!! I've just recently found out that I like veggies steamed in it ! I had always cooked broccoli and cabbage in water and cooked away all the vitamins in the foods. Plus they taste so much better steamed...
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    digital scale, measured serving spoons and my mini micro-steamer!
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Oh!!! And the digital scale is a wonderful thing to have...It's a real eye opener to how much you've been eating!!
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Measuring cups/spoons, knives (I love to chop!), and my good skillet. I really want a food scale. Anybody have a recommendation for a really good (and preferably affordable) one?
  • nvanhar
    nvanhar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love my Vitamix blender for making raw, healthy meals or smoothies in a jiffy! The food scale is very helpful too!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    The kitchen item I use the most is my food scale-I measure everything on it!

Other than that my smaller bowls and plates also help in keeping my portions reasonable :)
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Padlocks.
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My scale wins, but the food processor is a close second. I can't believe how much use I get out of both of them.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have a silicon steamer insert for my non-stick pots and pans. Found it at Target a couple of years ago.

My mandolin for making stirfry. I love long thin strips of cucumbers in sandwiches too. I julienne zucchini for a fake pasta noodles. I have learned how to use my mandolin because of the diet. I need to try Butternut Squash fries next... sprinkle some cajun spices on them and bake them for 30-40 mins.

My cookie cooling rack has been great for making things like zucchini fries, fake fried chicken or onion rings. Makes them nice and crisp all around. :)
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Tough call between the blender and slow-cooker. I make a fruit smoothie for breakfast almost every morning with the blender, but I cook my lunches (for a whole week at a time) over the weekend in the slow-cooker.
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    A simple steamer basket... the metal kind that goes in a pot. I use it every day to steam broccoli, onions, cabbage, spinach etc. Super healthy sides to eat with whatever protein I'm making. I usually eat them with just a little salt and pepper or sometimes a little vinegar... and I can have a lot since they are so healthy... YUM!

I WANT ONE OF THESE! I shall put this on my shopping list. For me right now, my food scale, my food processor, and (not in my kitchen, but...) my outdoor grill.
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I can't name just ONE thing ... LOL...Definitely my digital good scale, trusty measuring spoons and cups , crockpot, foreman grill and my magic bullet ...I make my protein shakes in it about every day ... And drink out of the same cup !!! :drinker:
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    The lock on my fridge and cupboards... ;)
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    100% my food scale! I couldn't do this without it. :)
  • PALady4JC
    PALady4JC Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Definitely my kitchen scale AND my new Nuwave Oven! Got rid of the toaster oven and George Foreman grill. Infrared fast cooking, entire meal at one time, cook from totally frozen state, can't say enough about it and I've only used it twice so far...I LOVE this new "toy". :smile:
  • PALady4JC
    PALady4JC Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @RachelsReboot tell me more about making flax bread in the microwave please
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I would have to say my George Foreman grill. I cook almost all of our meat on it. A close second would be my digital food scale.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @RachelsReboot tell me more about making flax bread in the microwave please

I sent you a message but you can look up 3 net carb on the recipe forum and find my posts for french toast and grilled cheese
  • Melysa1988
    Melysa1988 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i love my cast iron pans!
  • katiedidd66
    Options
    My digital scale!!!