Quick Breakfast Foods

Options
I never give myself time to sit down and eat breakfast in the morning. What are some good quick breakfast foods I can prepare in 10-15min?

Replies

• sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Have you ever microwaved eggs? It may not sound good but they are delicious....just crack a couple eggs in a bowl, add a tiny bit of water and beat then microwave for a minute or two and stir inbetween.
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Have you ever microwaved eggs? It may not sound good but they are delicious....just crack a couple eggs in a bowl, add a tiny bit of water and beat then microwave for a minute or two and stir inbetween.

i do this too! it works so well! (:
  • SocialWorkerStephanie
    Options
    I make an english muffin with a little peanut butter and a low fat yogurt. Real quick.
  • TiltingAtWindmills
    TiltingAtWindmills Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I make oatmeal on Sunday and then heat up a bowl in the microwave each morning. It lasts me the first part of the week and makes for some no-hassle breakfasts. (For bonus ease/laziness, I even make the overnight crock pot oatmeal so I can just set it up and forget it.)
  • MrsGart
    MrsGart Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat a protein bar each morning, and I keep one in my purse in case my blood sugar drops. The best value are the Kashi TLC w/ 7 gms or protein and around $3.00 for 6 bars. Then special K 10 gm of protein but $6.00 for 5 bars. Then Nature Vally, 10 gms of protein but heavier on the fat, 6 bars for around $3.00
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You can eat a hard boiled egg and even take it with you in the morning! It's a "real" food, full of protein and can make your skin and hair look beautiful.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I have a single egg pan, I crack my egg, break the yolk, and stick an everything bagel in the toaster, go about my business until the bagel pops, then I flip the egg over, put 3 slices of turkey and a slice of cheese on it. turn the burner off and let it stay on the burner until I'm done. put egg on bagel, wrap in paper towel and dash out the door. It's super quick and it's super yummy!!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I usually have a 100 calorie english muffin with laughing cow cheese on top and then a piece a fruit either a small apple, some grapes or strawberries.
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Instant oatmeal only takes 1 1/2 minutes to cook in the microwave. I have that with a banana or frozen blueberries mixed in.
  • donnamorad
    donnamorad Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Shakeology shake. Check out www.beachboady.com
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I wish i had more time in the mornings to make a big healthy breakfast, but we've been reviewing like mad to prepare for end of the year assessments so all i've been able to make lately is either oatmeal with fresh fruit, or an egg whites omelet with as many veggies as i can throw in.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    I've done eggs in the microwave too--it was a little trial and error (depending on the watts of your microwave). I'm a big oatmeal person on days I run...I'll do quick cook oats (2 min), add some banana, walnuts and maybe a little agave if I'm feeling sassy. On a really lazy day I'll do some greek yogurt, a lightly toasted whole wheat english mufffin with a little bit of peanut butter. Of course all of the above are accompanied by my cup of java!

Also, I've done crockpot oatmeal. I bought a cheap timer at Walmart so I can set it and forget it. It is done when I wake up and I'll have extra for the next couple of days. Here is a recipe:

http://low-cholesterol.food.com/recipe/yummy-and-super-easy-crock-pot-oatmeal-38584

Add in whatever fresh fruit, etc you like...even protein powder.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Or you can add the eggs in a muffin tray and stick them in the oven they come out yummy! I only spray a little veggie oil on the tray so it dosent stick and actually I make all 6 and save the other ones in the fridge and re-heat as needed.
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I just made a batch of low fat whole wheat muffins with blueberries last night. That and a yogurt was breakfast this morning. :)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    grilled bacon and fried egg, or fry both if you like bacon that way.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with fruit. Super easy and yummy. I eat it every morning.
  • Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg wrapped in a sm whole wheat tortilla with a tiny bit of ketchup! Done in about 5 mins and tastes awesome...soooo simple! 180 cals too!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Shakeology shake. Check out www.beachboady.com

me too tropical strawberry for me cause it's not got any whey or diary!!
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You can eat a hard boiled egg and even take it with you in the morning! It's a "real" food, full of protein and can make your skin and hair look beautiful.

Haha. I do this at least a few times a week. I love them but my office mates dont appreciate the smell :p How can something so good smell so dang bad!
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options

This.
    I also make instant oatmeal (no it's not the healthiest but it's better than going for mcdonald's/tim horton's breakfasts which is what i would end up doing otherwise) or eat a bowl of cereal.