Quick Breakfast Foods

Options

Replies

• mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Google "Egg in a Mug" .... the website Hungry Girl has a ton of different recipes for microwaving eggs in a mug. Quick and easy too. But there are other websites with recipes too. Adding spinach, salsa, cheese, peppers, onions, etc. Yummy. Most mornings I just do a little bit of turkey sausage crumbles (about 2T), 1/2 cup of egg beaters and a wedge of laughing cow cheese chopped up. I got a big 20 oz soup mug at the store so I didn't have to worry about spill over.

You can bake eggs in muffin tins to make mini-quiches. Perfect size and you can store them in the fridge to heat up. Toast an english muffin, put one in the middle for instant breakfast sandwich. Chop up your favorite omelet ingredients and distribute to the muffin tins. Pour egg beaters over it until 3/4 of the way up. Bake them. Let them cool and then store in a tupperware container. Takes maybe 30 sec to heat up in the microwave. Hubby loves sausage, broccoli, red peppers and pepper jack cheese.

You can even do a big scramble with various veggies. Then in the morning grab a tortilla and put some of the scramble in it with a little cheese, salsa for a breakfast burrito.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has already mentioned it or not, but I like 2 nutrigrain waffles with whipped peanut butter (for 290 calories). I also do protein shakes if I am really in a hurry. I also like to make oatmeal. Just some suggestions. I am honestly trying to get into the breakfast swing myself so good luck
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, top with milk/water and stick in the microwave for 2 mins, throw in some fruit
  • Moreno4970
    Options
    WEL I JUST HAVE A CUP OF COFFEE AND SOME CRACKERS IN THE MORNING AND THEN I WAIT TIL MID DAY
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I typically just eat the special K cereal bars, but since they aren't the healiest I really want to try the eggs in the microwave!
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    protein banana zucchini muffins (pm me if you want recipie)

make a batch of breakfast tacos ahead of time, wrap in a paper towel or wax paper, then grab and nuke on your way our the door

baked pumpkin oatmeal, make ahead then nuke your portion, can be made w. protein too

granola and boiled eggs

Steel cut oats in the crock pot (it's hot and ready to eat when you wake up!)

shake

greek yogurt w/ frozen beeries and/or handful of a good quality "adult" cleanish cereal or granola

** IMO, the key here is the prep and divide up your food ahead time. Make a large batch Sunday night to eat through out the week.
  • emberlatrella
    emberlatrella Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you like oatmeal i make it fresh not packaged , if you go to the gracious pantry they have 365 ways to make oatmeal all with fruit and stuff fast and yummy! it takes about 5 min to cook and all and keeps you full for hours
  • tnbaker81
    tnbaker81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't even add the water. I just put it in the bowl, break the yoke and cooke on high for about a minute. I also microwave 2 pieces of canadian bacon. Very low cal and delicious breakfast.
  • emberlatrella
    emberlatrella Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thegraciouspantry.com , i meant to say, sorry !
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 cup milk
    1/2 banana or if you like banana a lot the whole thing
    4 to 6 ice cubes and blend :)

Or.........
    You could skip the ice cubes if you want a hot meal and microwave it for 1 to 2 minutes. Just watch cause milk likes to bubble over LOL! Hope this helps its really yum!

If you have it cold its more like a shake and warm you put in the bowl.
  • radradradradrad
    radradradradrad Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Have you ever microwaved eggs? It may not sound good but they are delicious....just crack a couple eggs in a bowl, add a tiny bit of water and beat then microwave for a minute or two and stir inbetween.

i do this too! it works so well! (:

YES! i microwave 2 egg whites with a tiny bit of pepper jack, put it between two slices and eat it on my drive to work.
  • radradradradrad
    radradradradrad Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Have you ever microwaved eggs? It may not sound good but they are delicious....just crack a couple eggs in a bowl, add a tiny bit of water and beat then microwave for a minute or two and stir inbetween.

i do this too! it works so well! (:

YES! i microwave 2 egg whites with a tiny bit of pepper jack, put it between two slices and eat it on my drive to work.

i have to say, though, that this takes a little trial and error so that you don't explode your breakfast all over your microwave. i do it for 1 min at 70% power and then two 15second periods at 100%. just keep a close eye :flowerforyou:
  • marriedwith
    marriedwith Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    sometimes a make a protein shake - crystal light and whey protein powder - magic bullet makes short work of it, and you can bring it with you.
    sometimes 1/4 cup of raw almonds is great
  • Mehagon
    Mehagon Posts: 83
    Options
    If you're really in a time bind, cereal in a Solo cup!! Take it with you. . . it fits nicely into the car cupholder. :) I usually eat some form of Kashi cereal (Go Lean is a favorite) and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I give credit to my husband for the cereal in a cup discovery. .. . granted it may not be the optimal breakfast choice, but it really does take away any excuse for not eating breakfast. =0p
  • Annie_Oakley
    Options
    Steel cut oats in the crock pot (it's hot and ready to eat when you wake up!)

I've been wondering how I could have these QUICK...I love them, and my 9 yr old son has taken quite the liking to them.
    McCann's takes only 5 minutes on stovetop-but I picked up a can of Quaker Steel cut and the directions say 25 minutes. That is time I dont have in the mornings as that's when I do my workout.

Our kitchen addition this weekend will be a lil crock pot (my family crock is 20something godzillion quarts :laugh: )

Poor kid was bummed out when I told him we couldn't have oats this morning <mom was pleasantly puzzled>...
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Banana's and Special K bars are quick and you can eat both of them on the go.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter, 1 sliced strawberry and 1/2 a banana sliced. Delicious and fast!!
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Im so easy for breakfast.. i either have cereal, or my new fav, Quaker chocolate chip oatmeal, with half a banana mashed and mixed into it, and a small scoop of whipped cream. 210 calories and completly filling and satisfing for me! :bigsmile:
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have to eat on the run every morning. I find that a Cliff bar offers me what I need to feel energized and alert. It fills me up pretty good too. My favorite is White chocolate macadamia nut with coffee...mmmm.

If I know I won't have quite that many calories to spare that day I go for the Luna bar in Peppermint Stick. Again....with coffee...mmmm.
  • charliesmagic
    Options
    Bump