Quick Breakfast Foods

Options

Replies

• Mehagon
    Mehagon Posts: 83
    Options
    thegraciouspantry.com , i meant to say, sorry !

Thanks for this website! I just found a way to be distracted for hours. . . :)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Porridge with either maple syrup, golden syrup, applesauce/cinnamon/brown sugar, banana & walnut, just plain old salt if you don't have a sweet tooth (I also make enough for 4 days, it keeps perfectly well in the fridge and you can just heat it in the mocrowave, so much cheaper and nicer than the pre-flavoured microwave stuff)

Wholemeal toast with low fat cream chees topped with sliced tomatoes and cucumber, drizzle of olive oil and seasoning (Marmite an optional extra but I think you're American, lol)

Cheese, ham and tomato omelette (I like mine with a squeeze of chilli sauce to liven it up a bit)

Scrambled eggs in the microwave on wholemeal toast and slice of ham

Cinnamon & raisin bagel toasted with chocolate cream cheese

Wholemeal toast with clover honey

Greek yoghurt with honey & walnuts or peach & toasted almonds

Or if you haven't got enough time for any of these, grab an apple and a banana and eat on the go!! :flowerforyou:
  • bikelover1959
    Options
    oats so simple with skimmed milk, 2 minutes in microwave and a small box of raisins added
    ann:heart:
  • rswood62
    rswood62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JasmineRose14
    JasmineRose14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Over-night Oatmeal is great! Its not hand held eating, but if you get somewhere where you can sit and eat later in the morning this is great and keeps you FULL!!
    Its 1/2 c. Greek Yogurt (or any other yogurt, I somtimes use Kroger brand Carb Master) 1/2 c. Oatmeal (not quick cooking) and 2/3 milk, then ANY flavors you like to stir in; honey, sugar free jellies, lite brown sugar, ect...Put it all together in a jar or covered bowl and let it sit overnight!
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I just have an apple for bowl of strawberries if they're in season. If it's cold outside I'll make porridge. All of which take under 3 minutes and require near enough no effort.
  • pkaralus
    pkaralus Posts: 3
    Options
    I start with a chobani yogurt or a fruit (banana or apple), then in between breakfast and lunch I have a fiber one or kellogs breakfast bar.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thomas' Mini whole wheat bagel with a tbsp or two of peanut butter, and a Dole cup of sliced tropical fruit. This is my go-to bfast when I'm pressed for time and easy to throw in the lunchbox and eat when I get to work. It's under 400 calories and the fiber-protein combo keeps me full all the way until lunch.

18192343.png
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg wrapped in a sm whole wheat tortilla with a tiny bit of ketchup! Done in about 5 mins and tastes awesome...soooo simple! 180 cals too!

How is it 180 cals when i totaled mine up with 2 eggs and 2 slices of bread it came to like 350.. do you use one egg?? no milk or olive spread??
  • MinkyMoo13
    Options
    I blend a banana and a yoghurt to make a smoothie (and other fruits) and have a slice of toast also.. lots of good comments giveingnme good ideas for other stuff too!
  • DoodleDaft
    Options
    I've been making a massive protein shade in the blender to drink while I'm dashing about in the mornings, scoop of protein powder, porridge oats, banana, milk and sometimes peanut butter, keeps me full till lunch.
  • MinkyMoo13
    Options
    forgot to say i add 4 - 5 ice cubes with my banana and yoghurt
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    Eggs are definitely the way forward!! Scrambled or poached on brown bread is yummy and low in fat!! :)
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake every morning. Delicious, healthy and very filling. Full of nutrition!
  • Helen1860
    Helen1860 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do this too, no ketchup and I use the LaTortilla Factory 50 calorie Tortillas and eggbeaters some times with spinach and some times laughing cow cheese . Less than 125 calorie breakfast; if you need more add fresh fruit.
  • julieh1973
    julieh1973 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I put a frying pan, spatula, no calorie crisco spray and aluminum foil out on or near my stove at night. When I wake I spray the pan, add egg (usually low calorie out of a carton), when the egg sets I add canadian bacon to the pan and put muffin in the toaster, flip egg and bacon and wrap in foil to keep warm when done. Extremely satisfying, low calorie & cooks in less than 10 minutes in which time I usually make my cup of coffee.
  • RuthEvanville
    Options
    Fresh fruit you cut up the night before.
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy a green smoothie in the morning. Also- Quest protein bars a GREAT, quality, delicious protein bar you can enjoy on the go. They are very low sugar, very high in fiber, and are some of the best out there, in my opinion
  • saraemily5
    saraemily5 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have an AdvoCare meal replacement shake every morning- delicious, nutritious, and filling!!
  • traciwe
    traciwe Posts: 78
    Options
    most mornings i have a low fat whole grain waffle with one strip down the middle of low calorie syrup and some defrosted frozen fruit like peaches, strawberries or mango chunks..it takes me about 2 mins :)