I declare today: National "THROW YOUR SCALES OUT A MOVING VE

Options
124»

Replies

• tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I wish I could join the no-scale movement but the last time I did, I gained 35 pounds! I absolutely love the philosophy behind it, but I know I too easily delude myself, lol. Plus, the way I carry extra weight, I have to gain a lot before it's really that noticeable. No scale is dangerous for me!

For the love of God! Dont do it then!! :-)
    [/quote

As of Monday mine is in the garbage lol

WHooo hooo!!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    $50 a shot + having to drive accross town? no thanks. Calipers can be just as inaccurate.
    Lol @ Dexa being accurate.

Anyone serious would either get DEXA or Bod Podded.

Here is a link to my video of me getting Bod Podded.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Tghi8hMKQ

Mind you I was measured via the multipoint caliper measurement under 10%.

Luv the vid!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,082 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those who need the scale to keep me on track. I try to not worry about those 1/2 pound variations, and am usually pretty successful at ignoring them. As long as the general trend is downward, I'm happy. Having said that, this week I was ready to throw mine out the window too. I am bad because I have one of those that you can either just get your weight, or you can get your weight, BMI, %fat and water, etc. So, I weigh twice, one right after the other, every morning....first thing. It is usually the same weight. But lately, I was losing weight like crazy and then it started trending up for no reason and then it started giving me numbers all over the place (being as far as 2 pounds different). Figured out this morning, I think, that the issue wasn't a devil in the scale :devil: but just that the batteries needed to be changed!! :laugh:
  • tameka1220
    Options
    I'm one of those who need the scale to keep me on track. I try to not worry about those 1/2 pound variations, and am usually pretty successful at ignoring them. As long as the general trend is downward, I'm happy. Having said that, this week I was ready to throw mine out the window too. I am bad because I have one of those that you can either just get your weight, or you can get your weight, BMI, %fat and water, etc. So, I weigh twice, one right after the other, every morning....first thing. It is usually the same weight. But lately, I was losing weight like crazy and then it started trending up for no reason and then it started giving me numbers all over the place (being as far as 2 pounds different). Figured out this morning, I think, that the issue wasn't a devil in the scale :devil: but just that the batteries needed to be changed!! :laugh:

LOL!! Too funny! Battery change or calibrate!
  • daretapp
    daretapp Posts: 3
    Options
    Ive come to the same realization that the scale is NOT my friend. Im learning to gauge my progress in more important ways, mostly measurement and feeling. With that being said Im TOSSING my scale out of a moving vehicle LOL :laugh:
  • Baybbee123
    Baybbee123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I literally threw mine away on Tuesday. I was cleaning...I had been meaning to do it for quite some time...and I spur of the moment thought "Today is the day."

I have always struggled with my weight. I've been working with MFP since October and in between breaks, just started again last week. I want to re-focus this time. I want to work on inches and feeling good - not the # on the scale.

I literally said outloud as I threw it in the trash can, "I am fine the way I am." I am, but I want to improve. But this was very freeing to do. Kudos to all of you who throw it away - it's not easy to not rely on the scale!
  • TNEKEIA
    TNEKEIA Posts: 12
    Options
    actually i don't mind the scale, its the tape measure that i want to wrap around a tree. For some strange reason i'm losing weight and i'm dropping in clothes sizes. But the measurements aren't dropping like i think they should be. i have concluded that i'm losing inches in places i'm not measuring:smile:
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    What I do, is look in the mirror and judge by that.

For example, I looked bigger after the holidays and I stood on the scale and it said that I had gained 8-10lbs. So, the scale did verify what I saw in the mirror.

Now that I have lost those holiday pounds, I am back to the mirror. My scale has not moved for the past couple of weeks. Just going back and forth on 1lb, but my clothes fit great and I think I am losing some butt cellulite!!!

I sort of hate those fat calipers too, because i have to enter my age and that increases my bf!! So, with this exact same body, at age 31, I have 19% at age 41 I am 21%!!

I bought the Accu-Measure fat caliper test and use it. It has not gone down, but it has not gone up either...so all is good!!
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    The scale is a tricky beast. Just because the number on it may be going up, doesn't necessarily mean anything bad is happen.

http://bit.ly/HqSJOZ
  • tameka1220
    Options
    Ive come to the same realization that the scale is NOT my friend. Im learning to gauge my progress in more important ways, mostly measurement and feeling. With that being said Im TOSSING my scale out of a moving vehicle LOL :laugh:

Yaaay!!! Get that thing outta here!!!! Congrats on your success so far!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    The scale is a tricky beast. Just because the number on it may be going up, doesn't necessarily mean anything bad is happen.

http://bit.ly/HqSJOZ

EXACTLY!!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    I literally threw mine away on Tuesday. I was cleaning...I had been meaning to do it for quite some time...and I spur of the moment thought "Today is the day."

I have always struggled with my weight. I've been working with MFP since October and in between breaks, just started again last week. I want to re-focus this time. I want to work on inches and feeling good - not the # on the scale.

I literally said outloud as I threw it in the trash can, "I am fine the way I am." I am, but I want to improve. But this was very freeing to do. Kudos to all of you who throw it away - it's not easy to not rely on the scale!

Good for you!! Much luck to you in your healthy living!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    actually i don't mind the scale, its the tape measure that i want to wrap around a tree. For some strange reason i'm losing weight and i'm dropping in clothes sizes. But the measurements aren't dropping like i think they should be. i have concluded that i'm losing inches in places i'm not measuring:smile:

Hi T! Girl you are building up the lean muscle mass!! Whooo hooo! And thats awesome!!!! Keep up the good work!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    What I do, is look in the mirror and judge by that.

For example, I looked bigger after the holidays and I stood on the scale and it said that I had gained 8-10lbs. So, the scale did verify what I saw in the mirror.

Now that I have lost those holiday pounds, I am back to the mirror. My scale has not moved for the past couple of weeks. Just going back and forth on 1lb, but my clothes fit great and I think I am losing some butt cellulite!!!

I sort of hate those fat calipers too, because i have to enter my age and that increases my bf!! So, with this exact same body, at age 31, I have 19% at age 41 I am 21%!!

I bought the Accu-Measure fat caliper test and use it. It has not gone down, but it has not gone up either...so all is good!!

Tinkr, CHILD PLEASE!!!! You look rock star good babe!! Kudos to you!! Good bodyfat percentage. Who's bad? You are!!
  • TNEKEIA
    TNEKEIA Posts: 12
    Options
    THAT'S GOOD TO KNOW! THANKS,