What will you do when you hit your goal ? Will you still be

Options
124»

Replies

• boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal, then I made a new one. Then I reached that goal, and made another new one. I'll probably continue the trend.

^^^ This!! After I reach my goal, my next goal is to lift weights, and ill be logging in so I can maintain!!

Why not lift weights now?
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    When you are done, it would be helpful to us for you to play it forward and give us insight on your successful journey. I know it gets me going to see what can be accomplished!!! So please don't leave us, school us!!!
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal last year on my own, then put a few lbs back on. Now I'm almost back down to my goal again, now that I have found MFP I'll need it to maintain and set new goals. I can't imagine it any other way:bigsmile:
  • mkdull
    mkdull Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm going to stick with it so I don't back slide!!
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I used MFP about 2 years ago to lose 50 pounds. I stopped using it and gained it all back. This time I will continue to track my weight and calories daily for LIFE!!!
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hitting your goal is a dangerous place to be!
    Stay with MFP because when the new clothes have been bought and the compliments die down, most people miss the Drama.
    Maintenance is as big a job as reaching a goal and with much less positive feed back. You seldom hear, "wow, you've looked good for months now." People get used to the new you. Its harder to "reward" yourself for holding steady. Though some people celebrate the number of months at goal.
    A maintainer I know still weighs in weekly and if the number on the scale, (or the fit of her clothes), isn't what she want to see, well then, back to logging every calorie.

So True! That is why I am still here and will continue to be as long as it is available.
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This isn't a sprint. It isn't even a marathon for me. This is a journey that has no end. I have had 3 big weight losses of 30+ pounds. And each time I fall back because I fall into my old habits and think "I have arrived". I am looking at my relationship with food like an addiction. I think that is what is going to be most productive for me.
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I will use the site to maintain.

Me too!
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal just before Christmas- maintaining is very hard work.... You have to be pre
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal just before Christmas- maintaining is very hard work.... You have to be prepared to weigh in weekly. I log 6 days a week and try and keep within maintenance calories... I now have one day at the weekend where I eat what I want and don't log anything. I have maintained around the same weight although I do go up and down a few pounds between weigh -ins. I font think I could keep it off if I didn't log anything. I reckon ten mins of your day logging is a small price to pay for keeping my weight where I want it.. Good luck everyone :0) xxx
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'll stop tracking calories, as by then I'll know how to and how to not eat properly. I'll still track weight until I am old and grey and don't care anymore!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    When I joined I didn't really have any weight to lose...maybe 5lbs....but mainly just wanted to log and encourage my sister-in-law who has lost 17 lbs. In the process I've met a lot of friends, completed 30 day shred, and ran a marathon (something I never thought I'd do).

MFP will always be a way of life for me now that I've found it. I think tracking is so important whether it's your meals or your finances....it just helps.
  • kenny_johnson
    kenny_johnson Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I could successfully maintain without the diary... but perhaps by the time I hit my goal, I'll be able to better track calories in my head.
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I will use the maintenance feature of MFP. Seeing how MFP has helped me get this far (not long, I know), I will more than likely use it for good while. The way I work...I will HAVE to continue to work hard, even after reaching goal. This is a lifestyle change for me, so it's forever! Not saying I will use MFP forever, but I will use it until I can do it on my own. If nothing else, but to be an inspiration to others and help motivate others the way MFP has helped me.
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    When I joined I didn't really have any weight to lose...maybe 5lbs....but mainly just wanted to log and encourage my sister-in-law who has lost 17 lbs. In the process I've met a lot of friends, completed 30 day shred, and ran a marathon (something I never thought I'd do).

MFP will always be a way of life for me now that I've found it. I think tracking is so important whether it's your meals or your finances....it just helps.

AMEN!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!