Options

Replies

• skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    walls first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes I painted my floor too
  • JSkinner72
    Options
    Paint the walls first then the floor. But make sure you paint yourself into the middle of the room leaving no where to walk until it dries, that way you will have plenty of time to come to an agreement over who was right! :laugh:
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I do believe my choice will be to keep my mouth shut at this point about the wall vs floor paining with my husband. As ninerbuff said that epoxy floors are very easy to wipe up. For the record I do not fight with my Hubby and a debate is seriously just a debate. I never argue with him and just so you all can't make fun of that fact either My husband and I (DID YOU CATCH THAT) have been together happily for 10 years. So its not because I want to prove him wrong I just wanted to see what others thought maybe for my own sanity to know I am not the only one out there who would paint walls first. Thanks for your replies I am sure they will keep coming anyway but I may not respond unless you email me. Thanks again.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Paint the walls first then the floor. But make sure you paint yourself into the middle of the room leaving no where to walk until it dries, that way you will have plenty of time to come to an agreement over who was right! :laugh:

LMAO I don't doubt that people have done this to themselves :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    always, always, paint from the top down. Ceiling then walls then floors.
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It's a no brainer...WALLS first :D
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    As a former painter, generally rule of thumb is from the top down. Walls first then floor.
  • happypath101
    Options
    I just did a major (to me) reno where I replaced every bit of flooring in my house. Everyone from my boyfriend (who's a builder) to my co-workers, family, and the guys I bought my materials from told me to paint the walls BEFORE we put in the new flooring. I followed that advise and I'm really glad I did so. Of course, it made painting so much less of a pain in the butt if I didn't have to worry about drips and spills. But, don't forget the baseboards factor. If you a.) Remove Baseboards b) Paint c) Put in new flooring (or in your case, paint floors) d.) Put baseboards back on, you will have a much cleaner and simpler job. You can also paint your basboards lying flat which is MUCH simpler. More power to you!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    You are certainly right and he is wrong. Start at the top and work your way down to the bottom. Plus you would need to leave the floor longer to dry.

i get the feeling this is about painting at all. :noway:

I think I forgot what I was typing about half way through.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    (but why would you bother to wipe up splatters & minor spills from a floor you're about to repaint anyway? ...just sayin'... :ohwell: )

Just so there were not any imperfections, basically it would be better to have the floor as flat as possible. He has already sealed cracks and filled in divots in the cement.
    Grab a junk brush, feather it out, and call it primer? (...just so that I can be right :wink: )

And yes, it is "between my husband and me." Just like, if you were using both pronouns, it would be "between him and me"- not "between he and I." (...just beacuse you *are* right :wink: )
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I didn't read any of this. I am going to side with your husband.

evil, evil, bad, bad clown...
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

This!! Plus think of how much slimmer you will be by not being able to snack mindlessly while the paint dries...
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Maybe the argument is due to the fact that you say my husband and me and instead of my Husband and I. Just saying

grammar_nazi2.jpg

Yes thanks for that HA I say this much I work with children and all of us suck at writing but we are great with playing with children and solving there issues at least I hope LOL. :ohwell:

OMG. *THEIR. Not there.

I'm glad someone else corrected that, because I didn't want to say anything. :laugh:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I didn't read any of this. I am going to side with your husband.

What he said:)) lol
  • kema2000
    kema2000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    anyone with any common sense knows you always work from the top down when painting.
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Just hire a painter and don't worry about it ;) Debate settled!
  • pat6250
    pat6250 Posts: 90
    Options
    I agree with twinsanity. Walls first, floors last, painting floors from farthest corner, painting toward the exit.
    that way, the walls can be drying while you begin the floor.
    The floor can dry (and floor paint usually takes longer to dry, as it is epoxy) for as long as it needs to, you are done. And you will not be tempted to walk on it when it is "almost dry- oops" to get the walls started.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I think I got it...

Sex first, then paint walls, then eat your exercise calories, then paint the floors.

Am I close?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It is easy...the sammich is to be made warm and the beer kept cold.

Hope this helps. :smile:
  • MrsGoHard
    MrsGoHard Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Walls.