Peanut Butter!

Options

Replies

• lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This thread is music to my ears... I love peanut butter. I am not one to deprive myself, and I won't lie - sometimes I think about 1/4 of my daily calories comes from peanut butter :tongue:

I love me some peanut butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    this is good thread I also feared that eating pb was bad for me because of the fat content but I am guessing it is good fat?
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    PB with a few Ritz, PB with Banana toasted on the George Forman. It's a delish cheap panini
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    this is good thread I also feared that eating pb was bad for me because of the fat content but I am guessing it is good fat?
    Oh yes, don't fear fat! Good fats are just as important for your body as anything else. As long as you are eating the good fats and are eating within your calorie and fat range, go ahead and indulge.

Trust me, my life has been so much better once I started to allow myself peanut butter and avocado and cheese (not fat free cheese!), chicken THIGHS (not just breast), and other fats. I ate all of it and still lost 135 lbs.

Just eating LESS of things is what is important and choosing foods that will fuel your body. 1 tbsp (heck even 1/2 a tbsp} of peanut butter on a slice of bread is all it takes to curb my hunger.

:wink: Enjoy!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I keep hearing about mixing pb with oatmeal! I need to try that! Wow, I bet that would keep you full for a few hours!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I've been eating Smart Balance pb lately to get some omega 3's...I slice a whole wheat pita in half and spread a tablespoon of pb on the one half I'm using, put a banana on it and roll it up. I call it a peanut butter, banana wrap!!! All for about 260 cals...
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast: Cream of Wheat with a tiny bit of butter, a tiny bit of honey, and 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter. And yes, I do peanut butter with bread and butter pickles! I think I'm going to get the spoon now . . .
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I eat pb and oatmeal every morning.

I too am addicted to pb.
  • meaganscott79
    Options
    Yall should really try toasted bread with a TBS of peanut butter and Yoplait light-thick and creamy Cinnamon Roll yogurt for breakfast...TRUST me ..you might actually have to force yourself to eat later because its so filing :) by the way tips would be great ,,im in tough spot right now
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I've also heard that peanut butter in chocolate pudding (fat free or sugar free) make it taste the a reeses cup
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options
    toasted english muffin with jif natural pb, sliced banana and a drizzle of honey.....a wonderful pre-workout snack.....full for hours!!! ya gotta try it!!!:wink:
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter pasta...I've been working to keep refining the recipe, and today I'm trying tofu shiritaki noodles. If it tastes as good as I hope, I'm going to be in heaven!
  • ronkswife2000
    ronkswife2000 Posts: 176
    Options
    I eat my pb on a banana after I work out for a little protein and it's so yummy!!! :tongue:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing about mixing pb with oatmeal! I need to try that! Wow, I bet that would keep you full for a few hours!! :laugh: :laugh:

It really does!! It's awesome, you gotta try it!! :drinker:
  • icandoallthings
    icandoallthings Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    PB!! I love you! :love: hee hee! :laugh:

Sometimes, if I know I'm going out to dinner and I don't want to have
    a huge lunch, I'll have 1 or 2 tablespoons of PB and 1/2 C of non-
    fat milk to tide me over until then. It works!

Also, when I make my lettuce wraps, I add chunky PB to my ground
    chicken, soy sauce, garlic, oyster sauce and sesame oil mixure while it's
    cooking. Yummers! Sprinkle some green onions over the top of that
    bad boy, roll up in lettuce and have at it!

Now I need to calm down.... :blushing:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    4 Pages of peanut butter talk! I love it!!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    for some reason, I am really really craving a peanut butter and honey sandwich :flowerforyou:
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    for some reason, I am really really craving a peanut butter and honey sandwich :flowerforyou:

Mmmmnnn... peanut butter and honey! I love it when the honey crystalizes and gets all nice and crunchy. Of course, this is the ultimate exercise in delayed gratification, because the crystalization doesn't happen for a while.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Peanut butter pasta...I've been working to keep refining the recipe, and today I'm trying tofu shiritaki noodles. If it tastes as good as I hope, I'm going to be in heaven!

I make a tofu peanut noodle at home too... peanut butter with sweet chili sauce, lime juice and water to thin for the sauce, red peppers, carrots, mushrooms and cabbage for the veggies, baked tofu and a "light" portion of fetuccini. Mmmn, mmmn, good!
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options

I make a tofu peanut noodle at home too... peanut butter with sweet chili sauce, lime juice and water to thin for the sauce, red peppers, carrots, mushrooms and cabbage for the veggies, baked tofu and a "light" portion of fetuccini. Mmmn, mmmn, good!

That sounds wonderful. I've got a batch in the fridge right now - peanut butter, chicken broth (homemade so low sodium), soy sauce and garlic. I love the sweet chili sauce and lime juice idea. I'll definitely try it!