Just An Observation

Options
124»

Replies

• MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    BTW..I'm with Q on this one.

And Cory...the groping between us was delightful but I never got a pat from UTR and that is horrendous..

Now if I can work out a deal to be groping you and get a pat from him at the same time, I'm officially winning.
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options

And I am appalled that I just read someone calling someone a C%^* because they replied "none of your business" to a question about their weight loss. Why would you feel that they are REQUIRED to share the details of something that is personal and mentally exhausting? Or possibly that was the 537th time they had been asked that and they are TIRED of telling people who are seeking a MIRACLE CURE to "eat less, move more".

"Eat Less, Move More" would be a lot easier and nicer to type out than It's none of your business. If they didn't want to share, fine...a better choice of words could have been used. If you read the whole post to which I was referring to, that person I called the C-word had replyed to the person that the only reason why they were on MFP was for the attention. I try to be nice to everyone, and when someone is blatantly rude like that, it gets right under my skin. There is no excuse for rudeness.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

Now if I can work out a deal to be groping you and get a pat from him at the same time, I'm officially winning.

@Fiesty, this is the hottest thing I've read all day.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    Options

Susie ...please join...and make my year.:wink:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

Can I be in the middle - since I've already gotten the butt pat from UTR, you ladies should be on either end.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]
    Can I be in the middle - since I've already gotten the butt pat from UTR, you ladies should be on either end.
    [/quote]

YES!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    So it begins....again

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoS-bSdq1DMc2hOtNky9spUmxjMVJkfL_BTaaCOZ-ohH5Py_lxRg
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I messaged a woman who lost around the same amount i am trying to lose asking how she did it and what was most helpful for her.... her response was "That is none of your business"...... i asked what the point in being on mfp was if she wasn't going to share her tips for success and she said "so people can see that i did it"

Smart woman! Love this!!!

A little rude mind you, if you don't want to answer the question might as well ignore the message but.... the point of being on MFP is NOT to make friends, it's to track your calories and lose weight. Yes I have 7 pages of friends, most of whom who added me but MFP is about personal accountability. The forum is a way to pass the time or obtain information if you so need. All in all, its a non-blocked version of facebook for those who work in offices - it's something to do and nutrition/fitness is a good hobby to have rather than being a part of some sort of s&m forum (not that I'm judging). If you like the support on MFP then so be it but that's not the purpose – forums are always an extra not the main event. That’s like a bunch of Britney Spears fans chatting about her online but never going out and seeing her in concert or buying her CD’s – it’s just mindless gibberish.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

YES!
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    Girl sammich...*switches on fan* Ok, but UTR can stay and watch, right?
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

YES!

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    That's a requirement. Plus, he needs to pat your butt and MFE's too.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    Options
    [

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

YES!
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    That's a requirement. Plus, he needs to pat your butt and MFE's too.
    [/quote]

My God....UTR better be there!
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Some of the reason why some "big losers" are poor motivators is because they simply dropped weight by restricting calories. To them it was just a matter of mathematics. Not much detail needed there. I had a friend who maintained by consuming 600 calories a day. How in the world can she be expected to motivate anyone when she's vainly struggling to survive on so few calories?

Someone who loses weight thru education about nutrition, cardio and resistance training and applies that knowledge to their own weight loss efforts, I think is going to be much more likely to motivate newbies. They've got the knowledge of what it really takes to lose weight and keep it off. They understand the road blocks you run into and have insight into how they hurdled them. They learned what proper nutrition is and adapted it into their lifestyle. This gives them a firm foundation from which they can support others.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Meh...
    Just quoting awesomeness from another post because this is one is pretty lame.

sharksplode-t-shirt-the-eh-team-thumb.jpg
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm good for giving out information. Not so much for the "back patting" stuff.
    butt patting, on the other hand...

Corylda, you always crack me up!!! :laugh: