• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Real women make sammiches.

... And so do real men.
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    Real women have lady parts,after that each one is different and thank God for both.

lol agreed
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    it USED to bother me, but I think it depends on how you take it, like before I was thinking women with curves had to be heavier set, NOW I take it as hmm, I might be a smaller size, but having lost body fat, I now HAVE curves, rather than no shape, like I had before, but even then, that's not fair to others... so, yea, still excludes some women and that's not cool.
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Women have vaginas.

^^^^THIS^^^^ :drinker:
  • catattack13
    catattack13 Posts: 117
    Options
    *shrugs* women look like what they look like.

I don't believe in gender constructs, anyway.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,733 Member
    Options
    Real women make sammiches.
    And eat them!
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    When I hear that phrase, I think of it as giving someone a pass for being obese since the curves being referred to are usually very large.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I have always thought it's an excuse for being overweight. I mean, yeah, most women have some boob and hips, but there are not requirements for how big they have to be. It's usually send defensively like "Yeah she looks good in a bikini but REAL WOMEN (as in, the speaker) HAVE CURVES. :angry: " and as a way to "get back at" the skinny girls.

It's like when women talk about how they like being "curvy" when they are really like 250 lbs.
    "Curves" is the new PC way of saying "Fat"
  • DieselGrrl
    Options
    Real women have lady parts,after that each one is different and thank God for both.

^^^THIS!! :)
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This is just a phrase to justify being grossly overweight. I've never grabbed onto it because I know that my obsessive eating and extra hundred pounds are not natural and just my overindulgence.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Women have vaginas.

I disagree, what about transexuals or transgendered people who don't identify with their bits? Real women are people who identify as female.
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Women have vaginas.

Beat me to it. (kicks rock)
  • willafan
    willafan Posts: 101
    Options
    Real women have determination, strength, kindness, willpower, and grace. Whether they have a small waist or big booty/boobs has nothing to do with their womanness.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS! I imagine that men wouldn't like to be defined by the shape of their bodies... "Real Men have... large ears"
  • annafonte
    annafonte Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Completely agree with this :)
    Everything in our society tells us that women are supposed to be thin, and that's the only way for the world to find us beautiful. So, if we curvier broads can have a little catch phrase that can make us feel better about not being viewed as having the perfect bodies, then so be it! In my humble opinion, it's certainly not intended to make naturally slim, un-curvey women feel less than.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Women have vaginas.

I disagree, what about transexuals or transgendered people who don't identify with their bits? Real women are people who identify as female.

High five!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Real women are made of meat and bones.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Real women should look at this website: http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    As with any statement, it depends on how YOU feel about it. My feeling is that all women have curves. All women have beauty in a personal style. God gave you that body, so it must be heavenly!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Real women were born with the genetic and physiological disposition to be and feel female, whether or not their 23rd chromosome matches that fact.

I think that statement is adequately inclusive.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I am built like a 2x4. No hips, no butt, no boobs... I would still like to think I'm a real woman!

I think confidence makes a real woman! Love yourself, or make the changes necessary for you to love yourself! :flowerforyou: