Real Women Have Curves

Options

Replies

• naku
    naku Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Real women know that they are real women. That's what makes them such. Nothing to do with curves and sometimes not even vaginas. End of.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Unless you are 2 dimensional, you have curves.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Please for the love of God, Allah, Buddha or whoever, please just accept yourself for who you are and stop worrying or caring about what other people think. Curves, no curves, big ears, small butt, armpit hair or clean shaven...the list goes on.

Amen!
  • Tanya_IP
    Tanya_IP Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Most women have a natural curve on the body, despite being tiny. All body types are beautiful! I agree that it is often used as an excuse.

We just need to work on loving ourselves. :flowerforyou:

Thank you for saying all body types are beautiful :)
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    One post about this topic that doesn't piss me off! Well done OP! I agree with you completely.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    One post about this topic that doesn't piss me off! Well done OP! I agree with you completely.

Yup! Opened this and was happy :D

I agree! A lot of people use it as an excuse or to skinny bash. I am curvy though I am lean thanks to genetics, but you wouldn't hear me say this.
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Being a real women what ever the Eff that means ....guess its a wacky saying kinda like im not fat im big boned! Show me a big boned skinny person ...
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    All women are gorgeous!!! No bashing .....
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I've always found it an annoying thing, myself. I have always been pretty thin, and used to be really skinny, and it used to hurt my feelings a bit. Being flat-chested didn't help. :laugh:

It's like when people say that bones are gross. Hey, it's OK if you don't like a bony figure, but some (heavier) women say it in a really nasty way that, to me, reeks of sour grapes.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a fake woman now and then.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to ask everyone what their opinion on this statement is. Frankly, it's a phrase that has always really bothered me and I do not agree with it at all. What does it even mean? Real women have curves... what about women who DON'T have curves? What about women who are born with a petite frame, who will never weigh more than 110 lbs in their life, and are straight as a stick? Are they not considered "real women"? It's not like we can choose our body types, and I think it's unfair to exclude some females from being "real women" just because of their bodies. It's also used way too often as an excuse to be unhealthy. I am all about women having curves and loving their bodies no matter what - and being someone who has struggled with my weight for my whole life, I know the pressures society puts on you to be "perfect". But I don't think this phrase should automatically make it okay to eat unhealthy and continue to gain weight and raise your risk of heart attack & disease in the future.

Essentially, overweight women know how much it hurts to be judged for being heavier - so let's not judge thin or petite women for being the way they are!
    AMEN!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons I don't like this phrase, is because it tries to associate size and body fat percentage into a body shape. I know people who wear size 0, 2, and 4 that have curvy hips, curvy butts, big boobs and even all 3. I know women who wear 8, 10, 12, 20, 26 who have none of these, 1 or all 3. So to me, this phrase isn't really very representative of what the underlying message is meant to be.

I think all women have curves, whether it comes from breasts, butts, hips, shoulders, legs, or other muscles. But beautiful women come in al shapes and sizes. Not just thin and straight or bigger and an hourglass.

I have a preference for myself that's a little thicker, and some people might not find it ideal, but we all have to be comfortable in our own skin and build our healthiest bodies, no matter what kind of assets we have.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    IMHO, real women are people who present to the world and/or identify as female and are over the age of majority. :smile:
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I think we should just love ourselves for who we are.. no matter how you look people will judge you .. no matter if your skinny or fat..the only thing that should matter is how you feel about yourself.. i have curves and I love them and even though i am losing weight i am still trying to keep them..I feel they make me who i am because i always had them.. We are women if god made us that way..
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Its a phrase started by heavier woman to accept themselves... and to make them feel sexy likewise it makes the not so curvy woman feel like crap.

It could also be anthropologically speaking - the sought after genetic / instinctual look is the bigger child bearing hips and supple large breasts. That may be the reasoning behind it but most likely people do not think that hard about it.

A woman is sexy when a woman believes she is sexy. Confidence is sexy. Sexy is confident. It is simple.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Real women have determination, strength, kindness, willpower, and grace. Whether they have a small waist or big booty/boobs has nothing to do with their womanness.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS! I imagine that men wouldn't like to be defined by the shape of their bodies... "Real Men have... large ears"
    but they are as well aren't they?height is the male equivalent of body shape

as for the "real women have curves" saying, i always took it to be a reactionary backlash of women sick of being fat shamed. what tends to happen when people react is that they try to negate what they are reacting against. so in this case "you dont think i'm attractive" becomes "well you're shaped like a boy".

fat or overweight is not the same thing as curves and thin women can also be curvy. for instance i consider thin halle berry to be a hellavu lot curvy than an overweight kathy bates.
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    deleted
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    It was created by a minority to make themselves feel better. There is no real definition physically of a real woman. Just the same for men... Everyone is different but we are all the same.. Get it.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    They should just have saying for everyone saying... Real men and woman are happy and healthy!
  • BetrayedBeauty
    Options
    They should just have saying for everyone saying... Real men and woman are happy and healthy!

^^^^ Thank you!

Growing up, I was always told I have "childbearing" hips. Agitating.
    I've never been able to get under a size 6 in my life, and I doubt I could, but no matter what shape someone is doesn't deter from their humanity. Women will have what they were given whether they like it or not. Same for men >_<

The thought that "real women have curves" is like salt on a papercut to me :grumble: