Will that #$%@! "mommy pooch" EVER go away???

Options
124»

Replies

• becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I hate that lower belly frown..drives me nuts! I do hope though, my belly will get has tone as yours. Mine is still all mush.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I had my baby when I was 34 years old. I had a C-section delivery at a very reputable hospital, however it is a "teaching hospital". My OB let a student make the cut. I felt some pressure, then actually heard my OB say, "No, not there" then I felt her move to a different place. UGH.

As a result, I have a double scar on one side, so it looks like a letter Y turned on it's side. And the student did a terrible job. The scar is so much bigger than it needed to be, and all this after I told my OB over and over that if I have to have a C-section I wanted as small a cut as possible and placed as low as it could be.

I have an actual apron of empty skin there. I'm certain it will never go away without surgery because of my age, and because I'm short so the baby had no where to go but straight out in front of me which made me stretch really big, and I'm sure the botched C-section cut didn't help anything either.

Of course I love my child with all my heart and soul, but I'm still pissed off about the apron. If I had it to do over again I would change a few things about my delivery, that's for sure.
  • RasheedaR
    RasheedaR Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had a c section and have had great results with the ItWorks wraps and supplements! My stretch marks have faded so much and my tummy is tighter, not like the saggy gross pooch I had before. Here is where I got mine and the price is great too if you do the loyal customer program! Its not meant to replace healthy eating or exercise but it certainly has helped me to tighten the area and i have only used 2 of the 4 wraps! I got so happy I just signed up to distribute them too!

https://bodyfatwraps.myitworks.com
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    OK. I used to think the same thing...that my belly pooch would NEVER possibly go away. I had five pregnancies (well, three miscarriages and 2 live births)....so, my body has been through it!

I've lost 67 lbs to date and within the past 90 days I've done P90X. That program truly does BRING IT, if you bring yourself to the workout and the eating healthy. I lost 5 inches in my belly during my time doing the program if that tells you anything. ABS Ripper is great too. I believe that no matter how many situps or crunches you do...won't get it done...you have to do other more focused moves on your core, strength train, cardio and eat well.

Check out my pictures too...at least my profile. :)
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Yep, with weight loss, clean eating and lots of core strength. I've has 2 kids via c-section, first pregnancy I gained over 80lbs and second one I had a 9lb baby so I was not kind to my body. I have more pics in my gallery if you click on my profile.

I think I love you. It's great to hear it can be done with determination and hard work. My doctor said the skin will eventually flatten, but it will take time and commitment.