medical marijuana question

Options
13»

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Things like this require that I care about other people's business, and I just can't bring myself to do that.

you complete me
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You know, by tattling on your friends, you're really just tattling on yourself. By tattling on your friends, you're just telling them that you're a tattletale. Now is that the tale you want to tell?

never knew it was possible to get tongue tied while reading, hehehehe that was fun, do it again lol
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking to debate this, but I have a question about it.

There is a kid I went to high school with who just posted a photo of his medical marijuana card from California (it doesn't say but I know it is one of the two states). I know he did drugs in high school and I'm pretty sure he still does drugs because he hangs out with a boy that I know is actively doing drugs.

From what I've kept up on him from high school, he has no medical problems that would permit him to use medical marijuana. Coupled with the fact that many people commented on the photo "i'm proud of you" "we're going to have to party" I can only assume that he somehow duped this physician into getting medical marijuana.

What would you guys doing seeing it? Would any of you care enough to report the misuse of drugs?
    I'd answer, but my glaucoma is acting up.
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    From a medical stand point, people abusing marijuana is the least of my concerns. Alcoholism and narcotic addiction are far more destructive.
    Yes to this.

I think you should mind your own business, personally. Maybe smoke a joint and relax a little.

yeppers!
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Can he get me a good deal...ummm, I mean shame on him for abusing the system.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't 'care' at all.

Pretext aside, how does this effect you?

I just had to note the perfect time stamp on your comment 4:20

Awesome!

I did that on purpose...

Haaah. :smokin:
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Someone here has been served.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    Marijuana should be legalized. We'd save so much money from the "illegality" of it and can tax it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Alright, alright.

So I might have jumped to conclusions.

But the fact the person is bragging about it on Facebook isn't a good sign to me...that is why I'm guessing he is using it for unintended purposes. You wouldn't post pics of your Adderall if you had a genuine medical purpose for it.

(Just saying!)

I wouldn't really call that bragging. I would honestly post a picture of my medicine, so my mother & family could see that I'm getting help for my problems. They would be happy for me. So would most of my friends on there. Facebook is a way to connect with people & to share things. That would just be someone sharing a great step in their live.
    Different people, different views. Not much to it.

If it were legal here I'd love to be able to have that. Funny how alcohol is legal yet marijuana isn't..
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I know so many people from the town I grew up in (CA) that had a card, and none of them had a problem.
    I went to the ER for a panic attack (again in CA) and the doctor said I was too stressed about having a perfect life that I needed to stop by his private practice and get a card. I was pissed. - Honestly, there isn't much you can do about it..You can't prove that the individual doesn't get headaches or stress..or anything else. I'd leave it alone and not associate with that person if it bothers you.

To each their own- but I am against it for myself and family.
  • 1979rrh
    1979rrh Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't, I have friends and brother that do marijuana (not medical) and they say it helps them. My brother was in a car accident and he was thrown out of the car and has had problems with his neck and it helps him cope with it. If he doesn't the pain is so bad he gets bad headaches and vomits a lot. Another friend does it to help his back. I wouldn't say anything, you never know why he may need it. It's not harming you, right?