Rap music

Options
124»

Replies

• jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I love rap music to get me pumped up! Jay-Z is one of my favorites for that N**gas in Paris and Gotta Have It are my 2 favorites right now.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Auto Tune killed rap. True story.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    For once I agreed with Christina Aguilera on something on the Voice from last night. The hip hop guy is what rap/hip hop is suppose to be - clean delivery, rhyming style and a sense of timing and style.

Todays rap is just over hyped crap. There are a few stand out people and some decent ones out there but the state of it is on the decline.
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    the only rappers worth listening to are those that rap in palindromes. mc paul barman!
  • Kassieisproud
    Options
    Auto Tune killed rap. True story.

I must admit rap just isnt the same with auto tune
  • Kassieisproud
    Options
    For once I agreed with Christina Aguilera on something on the Voice from last night. The hip hop guy is what rap/hip hop is suppose to be - clean delivery, rhyming style and a sense of timing and style.

Todays rap is just over hyped crap. There are a few stand out people and some decent ones out there but the state of it is on the decline.

That depends on what your into some people like the hype i actually dont listen to the radio much so i cant completly say for sure but one new rapper that i cant get over and hes still growing
    Drake
    love him! Cant wait to see where his music is going
    i appreciate raw natural talent i lve a rapper that uses his rap to express himself i love it when you can tell where a rapper is in his life just by his latest song drake isnt quiet there but the best examples Tupac and eminem They can never be replaced
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Kanye: new workout plan
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    ]

I agree with daffodilsoup

When my friend puts it on in his car, i feel like like a 12yr old kid is driving. 90% of those songs are claims of all their women, all their money, and how they're all pimps or things of that sort. Oh and how they would bust a cap in ur *** etc...

just wanna be fairy tales.

Unfortunately what music is played on the radio and is mainstream is usually junk because that's the type of message they want to send out to the people, hip hop when it started wasn't about that and it still isn't. So the real music is mainly underground or even when it's a group that everyone knows and loves their music is not played on the radio if it has any type of positive message. If you think about it critically you would realize that there is a reason behind the fact that they only play pure bullsh*t on the stations that play supposed hip hop music, yea the beats are catchy but there is no substance. It's not a coincidence...

I guess you're right, i am thinking of the mainstream stuff. I do remember back when 2pac was around, he didn't sing too much about the dumb stuff i mentioned. Snoop dogg was cool too.

2pac and Snoop Dogg are some of the worst offenders when it comes to the things you say you dislike in rap music. 2pac will always be one of my (and everyone elses) favorites. 2pac had some very deep and emotional stuff...he also had some very vain, ignorant, and irresponsible messages. Snoop is the same...his first couple albums were about weed, sex, and gang banging...since then its mostly weed and sex with much less gang banging...but it's still not deep or meaningful 95% of the time.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I have a random mix on my iPod, but for some reason, it NEVER fails, I catch myself singing out loud on accident only during the most inappropriate portions of the most inappropriate rap songs.

One gets a LOT of funny looks when you accidentally blurt out "I'm bout to *kitten* a n*gga up!!!" Nobody knew I was listening to Trick Daddy's "Let's Go." Oops.