Favorite Ways To Eat Avocado

Options
I have to be careful about these, I could easily go overboard and eat them in every meal of the day and as a snack... but usually I eat two a week...half an avocado at a time.

Today I sliced some and put it on a baked potato with reduced fat sour cream and shredded cheddar. It was SOOO so good!

So how do you like you avocado?

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Someone posted a recipe which was basically pureed avocado with cocoa and agave...it was interesting. I bet if I worked on the recipe a bit, it would be good.
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    On top of toast with Vegemite spread on top. Salty and creamy! You can also put Vegemite on ryvita crackers and avocado on top. yum. I like the B vitamins from Vegemite/Marmite. And I'm not Australian! :)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    All by itself and in sandwiches and in salads. I could eat avocado every day.......
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I love avocado!!

I made a recipe a few months backs that was half an avocado with shrimp and a vinaigrette over it all. It was so good, too bad I can't remember where the recipe came from.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    On turkey sandwiches or burgers... or as guacamole on burrito bowls... which I have been eating quite a lot lately...
  • Melissa_Suzanne
    Melissa_Suzanne Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Mashed up and spread on toast! YUM!
  • buttercupmommy
    buttercupmommy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like pouring 2 tablespoons (gotta watch those calories!) of dill dressing into the pit hole, and just scoop it out with a spoon. YUM! Now I want some avacado! :)
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    On turkey sandwiches or burgers... or as guacamole on burrito bowls... which I have been eating quite a lot lately...

^^ This! Eat it on my turkey sandwiches and turkey burgers all of the time! I love avocado!!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bump*
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Guacamole is my favorite, but I also eat it out of the rind with a little celery salt. I have even added it to protein shakes!
  • VioletBeauregarde
    Options
    Griddle a chicken breast ,rasher of bacon ,get a nice piece of bread whichever is your fave and griddle it in the same pan.
    Top the bread with mashed /sliced avocado and top with chicken and bacon its to die for .
  • imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This is yummy! We tried it and even my 12 year old liked it. He likes nothing. ;)

http://lifehacker.com/5881942/bake-an-egg-in-an-avocado-for-a-fast-and-healthy-breakfast-treat
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I like pouring 2 tablespoons (gotta watch those calories!) of dill dressing into the pit hole, and just scoop it out with a spoon. YUM! Now I want some avacado! :)
    What she said, except with a little red wine vinegar and pepper.
    (But now I want to try some dill dressing!)
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I smash it with lemon pepper and spread it on a piece of toast or English muffin.
    On all of my Mexican food.
    In salads
    on sandwiches
    On burgers.
    Yum
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    With a spoon. Otherwise it gets all over me:laugh:
  • HeatherWestgate
    HeatherWestgate Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan so I make this all the time as chocolate mousse. It's delicious!
    I puree it in the blender with some cocoa powder, melted dark chocolate, agave syrup, some vanilla extract and a sprinkle of cinnamon. You can't tell the difference between this and traditional chocolate mousse.
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    With a spoon. Otherwise it gets all over me:laugh:

yup. spoon, salt. 'nuff said.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Someone posted a recipe which was basically pureed avocado with cocoa and agave...it was interesting. I bet if I worked on the recipe a bit, it would be good.

I've made this one, but with honey and vanilla extract. It was pretty tasty.

Usually I just eat my avocado with a spoon :)
  • JLervold86
    JLervold86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Avocado Pesto...add some fresh basil, little bit of olive oil, clove of garlic, salt and pepper, throw it all in the food processor...warms up with some whole wheat pasta added to a bowl and is delicious!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan so I make this all the time as chocolate mousse. It's delicious!
    I puree it in the blender with some cocoa powder, melted dark chocolate, agave syrup, some vanilla extract and a sprinkle of cinnamon. You can't tell the difference between this and traditional chocolate mousse.

Good to know someone likes it. I saw a recipe but it made me nervous.

I love it in salads, with eggs and in place of mayo. Really any way.