Replies

• tawnysmom
    tawnysmom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options
    On top of toast with Vegemite spread on top. Salty and creamy! You can also put Vegemite on ryvita crackers and avocado on top. yum. I like the B vitamins from Vegemite/Marmite. And I'm not Australian! :)

Oh yes. This. Anytime I have a salad wrap/sandwich, avocado usually makes an appearance. I love smoked salmon and avocado on crackers.
  • bonjolie1971
    Options
    Oh I totally understand your love of avocado! I love sushi, my favorite is a Dragon Roll. It's Barbecued Eel rolled with rice and seaweed, sliced up, and with fresh avocado on top, and eel sauce drizzled over it.
  • bonjolie1971
    Options
    I LOVE it smashed with fresh garlic, pinch of salt & pepper, used as a dressing on my tilapia salad...YUMMMMMMY!!!
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, AVOCADO!!
    That sounds soooo good!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Someone posted a recipe which was basically pureed avocado with cocoa and agave...it was interesting. I bet if I worked on the recipe a bit, it would be good.

I have done it with coconut milk (canned) and almond milk with vanilla extract, and cinnamon and chili. Just like chocolate mousse. I liked the coconut milk one the best.

I put it in my smoothies. :)
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm avocado covered with salsa, cilantro, lime and jalapeno's..... so good!!!!
  • aparrell
    aparrell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like to slice mine, combine with tomato and cheddar, and make a grilled cheese. YUM! They're also great cut up in salads, in sushi, and on sandwiches/burgers. Basically they're amazing! :)
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Cut into cubes, drizzled with basalmic, and eaten with a spoon right out of its handy little bowl
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Raw
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I like mine in my mouth. Lol, seriously LOVE them!!
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    mixed with scrambled egg on fresh bread
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    A restaurant I love serves half an avocado stuffed with crab on top of a salad. It is amazing and my favorite way to eat avocado!
  • Quel1970
    Quel1970 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love avacados too! Prepared ANY way. And this thread is making me hungry :)

Have you all heard of Slimcados? We just started getting them around here so I contacted the company to make sure they were not a GMO- they're not- VERY delicious with half the fat and less calories-- YUM!!

http://www.brookstropicals.com/slimcado/index.shtml
  • ck1416
    ck1416 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I put it in ceviche - yum! A Friday night favorite at our house.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    instead of mayo in deviled eggs!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    With a spoon! I freaking love avocado. Also, I like to make parsnip/sweet potato fries and top with cheese, beans and avocado. I used to ,make this chili topped with avocado salsa a lot as well. The salsa is so good, I could eat it for lunch. Here's the recipe: http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/513853/veggie-chilli-with-zingy-avocado-salsa
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    with himalayan salt sprinkled on top, then eat with a spoon!

also good on toast with bits of onion and cracked pepper

aaand chocolate avocado pudding is delish.

i could pretty much eat it every day in sooo many ways.

:love:
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    In tuna salad or chicken salad in place of mayo...yum!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Cut them in half, brush them with Olive Oil, sprinkle them with my homemede BBQ rub and grill them.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I love avacados too! Prepared ANY way. And this thread is making me hungry :)

Have you all heard of Slimcados? We just started getting them around here so I contacted the company to make sure they were not a GMO- they're not- VERY delicious with half the fat and less calories-- YUM!!

http://www.brookstropicals.com/slimcado/index.shtml

interesting! but from their nutritional info, it looks to be the same fat and cals as regular avocados?