Favorite Ways To Eat Avocado

Options

Replies

• Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    In India, we make an awesome smoothie with it.

Blend Avocado, milk, sugar and vanilla essence until smooth.

SO GOOOOOOD!!!!

It wasnt until i came here , that i found out avocado is eaten in a savory form! I like it any way!
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    All by itself with some sriracha sauce (rooster sauce) on top.
  • jamfan
    jamfan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    w/ tuna fish, salsa, & Garlic Salt
  • _Dan_
    _Dan_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I cut them in 1/2 and dig in with a spoon... I get a lot of O.o when people see me eating it like that.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Halved. Still in the shell baked with a slice of cheese on top. It's more of an indulgence.
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    All of these ideas has me heading to the store to buy some avocados. I eat it any day...any way...on anything and that's my favorite way to eat avocado.
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Sometimes ill just eat avocado & tomatoes cut up together.
    My boss and I eat black beans heated up then put salsa & avocado in the beans its yummy! the combination of salsa & avocado together is so good!
    I have been wanting to try them with eggs, like on a sandwich. I have heard of recipes with them w/eggs.
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Cut up over baby spinach leaves, shredded baby carrots, a little red onion, 1tsp olive oil and lime juice, yum!:love:
  • packersfn7
    packersfn7 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I LOVE chilled avocado salad. Avocado, black beans, brown rice, tomato, green onion, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, and oregano. So refreshing and delicious.
  • amystpierre
    amystpierre Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Chunk it and add it to steamed rice with a tiny bit of soya sauce-soooo yummy!
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I cut them in half, remove the seed and squirt fresh lemon on them and a dash of salt, pepper and a spoon!
  • amystpierre
    amystpierre Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Can I have the recipe for this? @packersfn7
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    In Morocco, we had what was basically an avocado smoothie (jus d'avocat)... It's just avocado blended with milk and sugar. Probably not the best diet food, but damn was it tasty.
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    I cut them in 1/2 and dig in with a spoon... I get a lot of O.o when people see me eating it like that.

Give them the side eye :-/ because that is the way to get the good stuff out of the shell...and then consume!!
  • nkeller08
    nkeller08 Posts: 21
    Options
    I LOVE it smashed with fresh garlic, pinch of salt & pepper, used as a dressing on my tilapia salad...YUMMMMMMY!!!
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, AVOCADO!!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Any way at all... unless it's adulterated by some kind of fish. I make "mexibowls" a lot.. beans, shredded salsa chicken, even more salsa, maybe hot sauce, lime juice & sliced avocado on top. One of my favourite things to eat!

I also love it straight with sea salt. I should only eat half at a time... but do not always possess such restraint.
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas here, thank you!!
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I need to eat them more too for all their great fats! Have a hard time just eating right out of the rind though.

Tried making avocado ice cream the other night... not so good.

Crack an egg in the pit whole and bake until egg cooked through. Very yummy, need to make this again. I did it without a cover and it was hard to get the egg white cooked through without the top burning, will try with some tinfoil next time.
  • Sherry15
    Sherry15 Posts: 3
    Options
    Chopped avacado, roma tomato and baked chicken breast seasoned with lemon juice and sea salt. Good warm or chilled.