Crazy gas prices

Options

Replies

• yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Make sure you vote in November. Denying the Keystone was insanity!

You've got me confused a bit here, what does the Keystone pipeline have to do with gas prices? It's used to transport synthetic oil and bitumen, none of which are used in gasoline production....

Like...
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Today was 132.9 in most places here today. (SW-Ontario). It seems to be a game some days as you can travel from one side of town to the other and the price can fluctuate with a .05- .07/litre difference. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

The one good thing about regulated prices in our province, you don't need to guess at the price each day, it only changes overnight Thursday. Unless that's a dramatic change of gas at the harbor prices.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Today gas prices have gone up in my area, and they are the highest they have EVER been.
    It's absolutely ridiculous. 142.9 cents per liter! Seriously?!?!

Same here! Maybe we live near the same area. :O
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    here in the uk its 139p per litre. Not good at all
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I sold my car 6 months ago and started using a car sharing service. The cars have a gas card in them if I ever have to fill up the tank, so it gets charged to the company and not out of my pocket. (At least, not at the tank.) I do miss the "get up and go" of having my own car, but definitely glad I'm not paying these gas prices!!
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    We're paying the equivalent of $10.55 per gallon in Scotland :mad:
  • obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    you guys got it lucky... i just worked out its the equivalent of 220.7 cents over here in northern ireland...
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Today gas prices have gone up in my area, and they are the highest they have EVER been.

I live in Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options

I live in Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia

OMG me too! What are the chances of that! lol
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    It's $1.12 per liter here, today.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I want to know why these prices are going up exactly. Why is nothing being done about it?
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I want to know why these prices are going up exactly. Why is nothing being done about it?

It's a globally traded commodity, it's not something that can changed by one person or one country. It's dictating by the world energy prices and the stock markets :(
  • tippietoes
    Options
    Paying about 1.53AUD here in Australia which works out to 5.80USD/ gallon.. so quit your whinging!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

It's a globally traded commodity, it's not something that can changed by one person or one country. It's dictating by the world energy prices and the stock markets :(

Good things take time. And it is time for us to start tapping into our resources.
  • Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it. It's bad enough filling up the truck for work. But filling up the toys hurts even more. I burn about 50 gallons of gas per weekend between the boat and truck. When they crank it up to $4.00/gallon plus. Well, let's just say it sucks.
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm in Scotland and it costs a whopping $10.37 per gallon!!! and it's set to rise!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Be grateful... in australia, canberra they are $1.60 per liter (around $6 per galloon) and only meant to be going higher
    Ours have been over the $1.50 mark since june of last year this is for regular fuel btw
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Paying about 1.53AUD here in Australia which works out to 5.80USD/ gallon.. so quit your whinging!

EXACTLY!
    It's $1.60 in canberra atm :(
  • Dogwalker1989
    Options
    Yep the US has it good. $2.17 per litre here in the UK (and my area is cheaper than most).

Which means $8.228 per gallon (assuming we're talking a US gallon not a UK one (theres about 1 litre difference in it).
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    $1.59L this morning, which is over $6 a gal :(