What's your positive for the day? Please share...

Options
amsparky
amsparky Posts: 825 Member
I am feeling really negative today, so I am choosing to focus on the positive (and fake it till I make it!).

My positive thought about all this weight loss/fitness hoopla - I pushed my body hard this month and put up the amount of running miles I was aiming for. I couldn't have done this a year ago.

How about you???

Replies

• Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ran my first 5k with no walk breaks. 9 months ago I had never run before for more than a minute and was 49lbs heavier! Today I broke the cycle of going slightly over my calories.... I am going to lose the rest of this weight and get fit!!!
  • eksb
    eksb Posts: 93
    Options
    My positive is that I ended the month with 268 miles on my bike (since March 1st). We saved $160 in car expenses by just taking our bike on errands and adventures instead of driving. It was great exercise and tons of fun! Hoping get to 400 next month :tongue:

www.tinyhelmetsbigbikes.com
  • Hollyjd1019
    Hollyjd1019 Posts: 148
    Options
    I pushed through a whole set of reverse crunches without putting my legs all the way down (resting on the floor) without stopping. Not much, but I did it for the first time ever today!
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    it was raining when i woke up and i completely talked myself out of doing anything....laying on the couch about an hour ago and the weather is clear and i go running! not too far, but i did...just 3 mos ago that would NEVER have happened!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I ran a quarter of a mile today without stopping for the first time. I'm also at my lowest weight, and got into size 12 jeans for the first time in ages.

Last year, I was a very similar weight and quite a way into size 12 (different body shape) until I hit a plateau and started gaining. I just kept on going for about seven months as I gained back half of what I lost, and since the start of this year I've been going in the right direction again. It's taken until now to get back down into new weight loss territory, and my stomach is bigger this time but my legs are looking much better, so it's good to be back in a 12, and I bought myself some knee-length shorts for the first time.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have so many positives today!!!

I'm off work for the next 10 days...
    I went to a fantastic yoga class this morning...
    We pulled the UGLY bushes out from in front of the house today, and will be replacing them with something else...
    I walked 6 miles this afternoon...

I am having a great day. Hope yours improves:-)
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Wow - 62 pounds. I just read your profile and maybe that's what you need to do to remind yourself of everything that you have accomplished over the past year to keep a positive attitude.

My key to staying positive is to recognize as soon as possible when my mind starts to wander into negative territory. Then I head it off at the pass by telling myself to stop thinking about that subject and purposefully move my thoughts to a positive experince. But we can get so caught up in that downward spiral of negativity, it is sometimes hard to escape it's gravitational pull.

Recognize and redirect negative thoughts.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Today my scale said 145.5 for the first time in 10 years with both feet standing on it!!!!!! :wink:
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Today after procrastinating for two weeks I got outside and walked for 10 minutes. I made it around my building once without stopping (for the first time ever!) its about a tenth of a mile, and also made it up and down the sidewalk two other times.

For being out of shape, having arthritis in one foot/ankle and congestive heart failure not too shabby! I was up to 20 minutes (with a few breaks so my heart could catch up) two weeks ago but then the foot/ankle pain really got to me and this past week the weather was super windy and rainy and I can think of other excuses LOL but I need to start again and today was the day.
  • nattou
    nattou Posts: 14
    Options
    Positive for the Day (hell for the WEEK):

The guy I liked thought I was pretty because I decided to be adventurous and wear a dress to school yesterday. My legs have been getting smaller so I was actually pretty damn proud of myself, so instead of parading around campus in my sweats (as usual) I decided to remind everyone that I'm a female and I have a body of one too.

Except yesterday really reminded me that I really did hate dresses because I have to sit up correctly and when the wind blows, boy does it blow.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love hearing all of this positive.. !!!! congrats everyone.. keep up all of the hard work , its something that really pays off and its for yourself as well as your family and loved ones.

I started the Insanity workout today , ive been putting it off for weeks..
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Today after procrastinating for two weeks I got outside and walked for 10 minutes. I made it around my building once without stopping (for the first time ever!) its about a tenth of a mile, and also made it up and down the sidewalk two other times.

For being out of shape, having arthritis in one foot/ankle and congestive heart failure not too shabby! I was up to 20 minutes (with a few breaks so my heart could catch up) two weeks ago but then the foot/ankle pain really got to me and this past week the weather was super windy and rainy and I can think of other excuses LOL but I need to start again and today was the day.
    Great going! :smile:
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    This was my positive for yesterday, but I think it will tide me over for at least a week ;-)

Yesterday I ran 5miles in 49 minutes. I had allocated an hour and 20 minutes, just to be safe. Forget about the time; I'm just happy I finished 5 miles. Haven't done that since I was 11 years old (28 years ago.) Less than three weeks ago I was happy to just walk 2 miles. Yeah, that should keep me motivated for a while ;-)
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Went for a run this morning during which the original plan was to run 3 miles, then walk a mile, and then call it a day. At the end of the walked mile, though, I decided to throw in an extra mile of jogging...just because. Last fall, I couldn't have even jogged just that one mile. Now, a mile is just....an afterthought for fun because I have nothing better to do. I love being able to recognize that complete change in mindset in myself.
  • amsparky
    Options
    Yay everyone!!

It's so nice to hear about everyone's progress - we CAN do this!!! :happy:
  • scompton54
    scompton54 Posts: 116
    Options
    After a week of being in a funk, not going to the gym and making some not so great food choices, I went to a yoga class, did some weight training and then rode my bike for an hour this afternoon. I have a delicious chicken curry bubbling on the stove and made some kick *kitten* spicy eggplant. I got my mojo back!!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    Am on vacation, but the positive is that I decided to go to the gym and continue my Couch to 5K training AND did it on an incline to push myself. Also I can fit into a pair of jeans that I bought 2 years ago that wouldn't go past my thighs. I can get them on, button and zip them up AND feel comfortable and they look great!!!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    After a week of being in a funk, not going to the gym and making some not so great food choices, I went to a yoga class, did some weight training and then rode my bike for an hour this afternoon. I have a delicious chicken curry bubbling on the stove and made some kick *kitten* spicy eggplant. I got my mojo back!!

Hurrah and thrice huzzah for the curry!!...AND the mojo!
  • amsparky
    Options
    Anyone else? :)
  • Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My positive for the day is that for the first time ever, I worked out in a 20 lb weight vest. And I didn't puke, die or pass out! Had a strong workout!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!