What's your positive for the day? Please share...

Options

Replies

• thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Today I'm grateful for a husband who loves me at any weight, healthy children, sunshine, sore muscles, the ability to change my mind and my body, and, of course, all my MFP friends!! :flowerforyou:
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Mine isnt a big one...
    I had a pretty bad day today...but a really kind MFP buddy wrote me a very sweet email...and it made me smile :)
  • NatashaK29
    NatashaK29 Posts: 137
    Options
    My positive for the day is I quit smoking today. Okay its also a negative in the fact that this is my first day. I'm trying to focus on the fact that today I finally decided that I'm done...no more smoking! Yay!
  • bigtone34
    bigtone34 Posts: 136
    Options
    I ran 14 miles today ( a personal best) and Im only 3 pounds from my goal weight!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    <
    As of today, is down to the size she lies about on her driver's license :laugh:
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a great day at all, but one positive was doing something towards my goal of moving forward with my plans for my future.
  • scribe313
    scribe313 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just had to order new work pants, because my old ones no longer fit. I Moved down three pants sizes and the new ones still are so loose that I have to wear a belt with them or they almost fall off! :laugh:
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ok my positive for the day was I started a run/walk program last week started out walking most of it, today I did 2.49 miles and cut 6 minutes off my time. So I am actually running more than walking now. I am very pleased with this small progress in my fitness routine. Actually can't wait for tomorrow to try it again.
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.2 lbs this week...due to work I'd done prior to this week, because I've been too sick this week to work out much at all.

All of my laundry is done!

I sang at church tonight (even with this coughing/hoarse throat) and it went well...followed quickly by dinner with my parents.
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    I made my very first homemade, whole wheat pizza dough today and had a very nice, healthy pizza dinner!
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of positives today:

Weight/fitness related:
    I went to put on some old working pants do do some plastering. They were pretty tight the last time I put them on. Today they were LOOSE ... as in almost too big loose.

While looking for a laptop power adapter, I came across an old bag of my navy uniforms. Out of curiosity, I put on my old winter black shirt ... AND IT FIT!!!

Life related:
    I woke up this morning, and my sweetheart was right next to me! God graced both of us with another beautiful day!
    We finished the scratch coat on the church wall plaster repairs!
    We got our dogs back from the groomers and they are ADORABLE once again
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I went shopping for a new outfit(promotion interview on Monday). For the first time in since I don't remember: I pulled whatever I thought was cute off the rack and tried it on. IT ALL FIT!!! I didn't like all of it but what a rush to be able to find clothes ifnevery style that fit. A month ago I was given money as a congrats from my mother in law and found the most beautiful ring on sale! I usually hate shopping in general.
  • MomDupuis
    MomDupuis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today I just felt whipped and ask my husband if it would be so bad if I just skipped any kind of workout for one day.
    My positive is his reply ... "why not do just a little light something like Wii bowling" then he got up and powered up my Wii for me.
    I thought if he can do this for me then I could get up off my butt and do a real workout for myself. 20 minutes of Zumba later and I feel great.
    THANK YOU HUBBY :heart:
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    My positive today:

Set a new PR again in a 5K! 24:25, another 50 seconds shaved from three months ago. I have set a PR for races ever since I started training for my first half last summer. It amazes me what I have accomplished! And humbles me as well.

Second positive: Went to hot yoga, but it was switched to Flow and I LOVED it! I nailed a forearm stand against the wall! This time last year...I was not strong enough at all. It is really an eye opener to look back where you were and see where you are now. Anything is possible!

Third positive: That so many people have been able to post a positive !
  • jameslpipes
    Options
    did 6.5 miles on my bike over 52 minutes with my 6 year old son. He hung in there all the way. Love that boy :smile:
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    I got back on track with food and exercise, after 4 days of behaving badly.

:blushing:
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My positive was actually yesterday. I took my boys out on a walk in their wagon. We live in a VERY hilly area and my boys combined weight is approximately 90-100 lbs. I walked for almost 45 minutes of which 20+ was pulling them UPHILL. I never stopped despite feeling like I would die - I KNEW I could do it and I DID.

And my body didn't hurt nearly as much today as I thought it would! Burnt a serious amount of calories though, and that felt good!

And I just realized that last part rhymed. :laugh:
  • kelzpop
    kelzpop Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I tried on a size 16 dress today and I would have had to take it in below the chest (guess I'll never be lucky enough to wear a small size top). I was just shocked that I could zip the thing up... I was wearing a 20 a couple months ago. Oh hell, I still wear the 20's and just pull the stupid things up every 30 seconds. LOL!
  • ShannonD13
    ShannonD13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Sorry about Bob.
  • BranLayton
    Options
    After the rain went on a 3.5 mile walk with my mom and came home and did day 3 of my Ripped in 30 :) Took all of my measurements and smiled because I need to adjust my dress-form!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!