What's your positive for the day? Please share...

Options

Replies

• ShannonD13
    ShannonD13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I bought a bathing suit for our beach trip. I can't wait to hit the beach this time.... I'm 60 pounds lighter. Hooray!
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love that you you are riding more and driving less. Losing weight and saving money and the earth = win.
  • shinyshell55
    Options
    Exactly!
  • shinyshell55
    Options
    Turning back the clock!! Me Too!!
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hmm, didn't really do much today...definitely didn't "workout". I did, however, go roller skating for the first time in probably 20 years. It was a blast!! My husband, our 9 year old daughter and I skated for close to 3 hours. I only fell down twice and didn't break any bones! LOL The best part was that I burned about 1300 calories! Enough for me to enjoy a few ice cold beers out at the bonfire tonight! :drinker:
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I love that you started this thread... I've often thought about trying to start something similar but it felt very kumbaya-ish... and I backed out...

My positive for the day -- that I really didn't want to go to the gym... at all (unusual for me) and I still went! As sore as I was and am, as much as I lacked the motivation... I still went and got in a bit of a workout!

My positive for the month -- as much as there may be legitimate things that I hate about my body... I LOVE what my body can do! What a realization THAT was! LOL.
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have a torn meniscus in both knees, my ankle is waiting for a complete reconstruction and I dropped a 25 pound weight plate on my foot 4 weeks ago and shattered my big toe .... I know doesn't sound positive yet .... Today I did intervals of walking/running for 50 straight minutes PAIN FREE .... this was an incredible feeling
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My positive is that I walked longer today than I did yesterday.:happy:
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    What a great topic!

My positive for the day is- I managed to get through 2 full workouts, totalling 3 hours. I was putting it off because I didn't think I could manage it today, but I did it and I feel great.
    I am also feeling positive about the new month ahead and more weight loss!

Best wishes to everyone :)
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    We have decided to take in a dog from the pound...
    (had to have Bob the dog put down after 15 years, broke our hearts)
  • MJesuele126
    MJesuele126 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have had high blood pressure for the past few months and Im only 23.. from going out and drinking and eating bad foods not being as active.. I went from being a dental assistant and always running around to having a desk job and sitting down all day.. but today I was curious as to what my BP was since I have been eating more healthier and being active and NOT drinking in the past week and suprisingly it was 125/82 ... I screamed YAYYY so loud in the store.. I know its not perfect.. but its muchhh better!
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am alive and vertical! Lol!
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I started weight loss this month. This is the longest I have EVER stuck to a weight loss program in my life. I've worked out a couple times a week, and I feel like a champion! :bigsmile:
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    As of this morning I have lost a little over 25 pounds in 75 days.
  • mrsvampette
    mrsvampette Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My positive is being able to fit into some old clothes that used to be too tight now they are a little loose. With weight loss its easy to get down on ourselves especially because we are exhausted from working out. We must remind ourselves that this is all worth it and push through and never give up!!!!
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Well, it was cold and rainy today and I had been looking forward to my long run. I always run 6 miles on Saturday mornings. I let the rain get the best of me...for a few hours.

I finally laced up and hit the road, but I didn't run 6 miles, I ran 7miles!!! I have never run that far, ever!!! So that is my positive for today :drinker: ....and I'm celebrating with a Black & Tan!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Isn't it amazing what we are capable of when we set our minds to it?! :)
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    I stuck a 6 iron from 185 yds out in a fairway bunker to within 12 ft.
  • ahizzel
    ahizzel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I had a bad eating day. I did good all week but I finished the day off with a good workout that I wasn't planning on! So even though the day was crappy for eating, I still worked hard in other places!
  • eatandexercise1
    eatandexercise1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm usually horrible at eating/exercising on weekends, but I'm breaking that pattern. This Friday and Saturday and worked out hard and came under my calorie goal!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!