Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - April Challenge!! Take 2!!

Options

Replies

• abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Meg - Sorry your goals aren't going as planned this month...but I think re-starting Insanity is a great idea. And I hear ya on the candy bowl issues.....we have them all over work and people bringing in cookies and its ruining my diet too!!!

Meag - Amazing time on that 5K!!! Such an improvement over last year!!! I can't wait until I co look back a year and see time improvements!! I hope your hip and foot are feeling better after a rest day...you've got a lot of races coming up!! I hate unplanned rest days too, and they always ruin my food plans!!

fitontherun - We do have a lot of runner on here and we welcome you!!! I just ran my first 1/2 marathon the end of last month....it was such an amazing feeling, you'll love it!! Hope you're long run goes well!!

Bethany - I need to work on planning ahead more too....the days I am off I do OK, but work days, I usually grab something quick or eat the crap we have around work. Great job getting to the gym this week!! And Vegas will be a blast...I am jealous!!

Qwerty - I think 21.5 miles is amazing for the week. I am also trying for the total of 100 miles this month!! We can do it!!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies - Sorry I have been quiet the past few days. It's been very emotional :ohwell:

Have to head out to work here in a few so this will be another quick one. I am gearing up for San Diego and I could not be any easier and less excited right now. I am trying to be positive but I am very nervous about this trip and how things are going to be with Tyler. I just want to enjoy myself and have a good time - no drama. He's such a wonderful man. It's just been tough going and my feelings have been all over the place.

My foot/hip are still in disarray. I didn't run all weekend after the race and I am pining for a good long one, but I know it's not prudent. I rested on Saturday and yesterday hit the Arc Trainer and the weights for an hour. Today is Spin with CrazyCarl and I am hoping to be able to push through. I definitely could use the distraction and to feel accomplished and positive about something right now.

Abby - Thank you :smile: It's definitely fun to be in year 3 of racing and to get to re-race the same events and see my time improvements over the years. Shows me I've come a long way. You'll be there in no time!

Qwerty - I love to run after a tough leg workout! Running on tired legs is such a masochist joy for me. Feeling my legs heavy, sore, and failing and continuing to run gives me a huge sense of accomplishment. It's that "holy-hell-this-hurts-so-good" feeling. Keep it up! You will get faster in no time and I am sure you'll PR some races if you keep up with those kinds of workouts. Training yourself to get faster, stronger, and run harder as you tire is the best way to improve your times and rock on those road races.

Gotta jet ladies. Have a great Monday! I am just going to try to get through this one.... And then let all my stress, frustration and disappointment melt away with Spin!
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Quick post to catch up on all that has been happening.

hippiechel - I was doing the 30DS as well and only have 5lb. weights. Level 2 wrecked me. I ended up getting some cans of veggies out of the pantry to use instead for the first couple of days. I took a break for a couple of weeks to focus on getting ready for my 5k race this last Saturday and am looking forward to starting it again.

qwerty07 - running for an hour on the treadmill does sound tiresome. I only use the treadmill when I absolutely have to due to weather. My gym has an indoor track but that is almost as tiresome cause you have to do 10 laps for 1 mile, at least on the treadmill I can watch tv. Thanks for the love handle tip. I’ll have to try that.

Guam – I’m glad you found something that works for you. Kickboxing sounds like fun, I’ll have to try it sometime.

Meghan – I think starting over is necessary sometimes, especially if those workouts fit your schedule better. I think it would be better to adjust than not workout because it doesn’t fit into your schedule.

Hope you are all having a great day and will post more later.

Kendi
  • JessYas
    JessYas Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late on the April train, but I am here so that's what matters. I'm just going to add my goals since we're a third of the way through the month already! I didn't finish my marathon in the time I wanted (oh well!) but there's always next time! Time for new goals for a new month: Run 3x/week, weights 2x/week, log every day, and lose 4 lbs. Good luck girls!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Updating to add JessYas...

Allie7383- PR in my 5K on 4/22, Complete Ripped in 30, maintain low 140's, and be more positive all around!
    abby459 - Log EVERYTHING I eat this month. Watch my sodium intake. Stay under calories almost everyday (giving myself 2 days off for the month) Keep training for my 10K trail race on April 28th....goal is to be able to run the entire thing.
    Resolute2012 - Log in EVERY day, stay under calories, run five days a week
    JulieH3art - Drop 5lbs!!! Stick to my promises.
    Eleanoreb- Eat healthier, find healthy snacks, don't use the excuse "well i'm running so much, i can eat this" , core/ab work
    Kendib - Run 3 days a week, add in some cross training, be able to run a complete 5k.
    Bonniejo - Stop eating when I'm full, don't eat when I'm not hungry, and lose 3 pounds :)
    Meagalayne- Set a new PR in the 5K and 1/2 Marathon distances; Run on the beach at every opportunity on vacation and enjoy some good beer, live music, and great food; Finish my novel and start another; Acknowledge when I'm feeling needlessly sorry for myself and work on being positive for the sake of being positive; and finish out the month with a solid, tangible plan for both building strength/toning up and being happy in your personal life and relationship
    Alexsmith01 - Lose 1kg, cook 3 new healthy recipes, study study study for exams on 1/2 May
    Ezak86- lose 5 pounds, do HIIT sprints 3x/week and get target speed up to 11mph, cook more food at home, improve run distance to 10miles, get out an be more confident talking to strangers at the bars
    Qwerty07- Run 100 miles, strength train 3x per week, stay under calories every day except Sunday
    abellone7289 (Manda)- Run three times a week, even if It's just a mile. Get down to 138 by the 30th. Accept that I can't control everything and I should take my stressors one week at a time.
    oncemorewithfeeling- get below 150 lbs (means losing bout 8 lbs), add the 30 day shred on top of my workouts, stop snacking on things like crackers just because they're low in calories, buy a bathing suit I can feel good in
    fitontherun - Complete half marathon training, run half marathon in under 2:15, drink at least 64 oz of water each day, and take time to stretch and use a foam roller on my legs after running.
    hippiechel - workout 4 times a week and 128lbs by 21 april
    GreenHumanClay ( Cynthia) Continue to train for my next half on May 6th thats in SF so it will be hilly, weight train at least 3 xs per week, be able to do more push ups, increase my pace per minute when running, hydrate well and eat as clean as possible and weigh myself ONLY ONCE a week and continue to get better quality sleep.
    lalonmeg000(meghan)- insanity 4 days/week, see how long I can go without going over my cals and eating fast food. find a different way to relieve stress other than diet dr.pepper
    mkwow (Missy)- get into the 180's, putting me at a 55 to 60lb total loss and to actively increase my exercise levels working on the C25K and 30 day shred programs!
    caitwinmary(caitlin): keep training for my 5k so that when my first race comes on 6/2 i can run the whole thing, shred another 10lbs by the end of april, and workout hard and use ripped in 30 between runs.
    deeders1220: Walk and not take the bus into my office from the parking lot (about 15 min walk each way for a total of 30mins extra walking EVERY DAY), Go to the gym/do something active 3x a week, and no fried food! Rock that bikini in Vegas!
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - get into 130’s, log at least 5 days out of the week (I am not good at this and really need to up my game), continue trying new recipes, go to the gym at least 3 times per week, read one book
    paul87920 - stop drinking my calories, get under 400lbs, and fix more meals at home.
    missgolightly727(Emily) - Lose 5 lbs(will put me at 155 lbs), run 3 times a week(distance doesn't matter), log everything that goes into my mouth(thatswhatshesaid), class at the gym at least once a week
    CKlei- Lose atleast 5 lbs. (will put me back down to 129), go on family walks 3 times a week, learn some new at home workouts , log everything I eat and Still breastfeed for the entire month.
    amandaraecook88 - I want to lose at least 8 pounds and start exercising at least 3 times per week.
    JMSKCW: Lose 4 lbs., up my exercise goal to 1300 minutes/month; increase my running distance; and to look awesome on my 1st wedding anniversary (4/30/2012)
    KristennWinter - -Work Out at least 4 hours per week, Log in every day. Log every morsel of food that goes into my mouth, 7.8 pounds gone by My Birthday, May 6! Drink all my water!
    JessYas - Run 3x/week, weights 2x/week, log every day, and lose 4 lbs
  • qwerty07
    qwerty07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    So I didn't go completely overboard with the chocolate this weekend thankfully (although I was a little excessive with the mini eggs.) Does anyone else find those mini-eggs addicting? On a completely other note it's so nice to see so many other runners on the board!!!

abby459- We can definitely do the 100 miles this month! Any tips to motivate yourself when you REALLY don't feel like going out for a run? Sometimes if I download new music onto my i-pod that gets my butt moving...

megalyne- I totally get the massochistic thing. I actually don't feel like I've worked hard enough at strength training unless I'm in pain the next morning!

Kendib- The treadmill really is the dreadmill, especially in my house where I run on it without a tv. Although directly across from me is my Toronto maple leafs hockey calender...so I motivate myself by reminding myself that those hockey players skate for 3 hours at a time, surely I can run for an hour? Not quite the same as watching an episode of a sitcom however.....

Jessyas- That's amaing you recently did your first marathon! I'm running my first full in October,,,do you have any advice?

Hope you are all enjoying your week!
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    So I just tried running today, I don't know how you all do it! I am so bad at it lol. Give me a fitness class, and I'll have the most energy of anyone, but running.... Anyway, I used the Run, Zombies! app, and that made it more fun.

I think I gained this weekend from Easter, so I'm going to work hard to burn it off!! Good luck this week everyone!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Meag- sweet sweet 5k time!! I have a feeling you will kill your half time as well! I hope your hip/foot get better quickly.

Abby/qwerty: 100 miles sounds like a lot but even with one long run a week and a few other runs you'll be able to do it no problem :)

For all of you lovelies doing 30 day shred, that's awesome! I love JM and have had good results. I've done 30 day shred, ripped in 30, 6 weeks to 6 pack..and then bit and pieces of the banish fat boost metabolism and no more trouble zones. Stick to it and you will definitely see results.

AFM- loved loved loved having a 4 day weekend. Definitely needed it. Friday i did some well-needed cleaning and laundry, had a family dinner Friday, a friends birthday dinner saturday night, lunch at my parents sunday, a movie with a friend last night, a relaxing day today with a friend. I also tried out some amazing new recipes (dinners, snacks etc) will have to share with you guys when i get a chance

As for working out, Saturday i had a horrible migraine all day so I didn't run. i was worried i wouldn't be able to do my long run Sunday but I managed. 18 miles - legs didn't feel as bad by the end as last week. There's hope!! Today i did yin/yang yoga..felt brutal during and amazing after. Calves still feel like bricks though...so tight. tomorrow is a tempo run at night, and possibly some core/ab work at lunch.

oh and im signed up for tennis lessons in June (got some for a friend who i play tennis with and i will be joining him too), beach volleyball, and continuing on my soccer team. I'm excited for some variation and switching things up

going to try and get to sleep early tonight!
  • kendib
    Options
    Alright, I have some time to post more.

qwerty - those mini eggs are so addictive! I love them and it is hard to only have a few. I have been running more now that weather is nice.

El - Tennis sounds fun. I took a class in college but it rained almost all semester so I am not very good. It is a good workout though. I like mixing things up and am looking forward to adding different activities as I become more fit.

AFM-I ran my first 5k race on Saturday. My time was 40:32. I was hoping to be under 40 minutes but it didn't happen. I was having a really bad asthma day and couldn't run the whole thing. I ended up walking 3 times and am proud of what I accomplished. There is a picture after the race.

mailgooglecom-1.jpg

This is my mom, brother, dad and me. The hubs had to work and my sister in-law is doing research for her PhD in Brazil at the moment. So it ended up just being the 4 of us. My brother ran the 5k as well and my mom and dad did the 1 mile walk.

Looking forward to working on my 5k pace this month and hope to have a faster time by then.

Kendi
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Morning ladies :bigsmile: I've been doing lots of moaning and b*tching lately and not a lot of supporting, so I am going to try and post a less selfish reply this morning! I need to work on being a better Pal on here :tongue:

Kendib - Thanks for sharing the pic and your race experience with us :flowerforyou: Its so nice to hear about families getting active together and it looks and sounds like you had a great time. You may not have met your time goal this race but your first race is a total trial. No idea what to expect and can be very overwhelming. Next time around you'll be much better prepared and hopefully your asthma will allow you to run more of the race. Either way I think you did an awesome job! Onwards and upwards!

El - So jealous of your 4 day weekend - You MUST be a student or gov't worker :wink: Because everyone else around here had to get back to the grind yesterday....So nice to have 4 full days holiday and it sounds like you made excellent use of your time. Recipes - yes please! Share away! And as for tennis, I am hoping to get some matches in this summer as well. I just bought a new racket two weekends ago (forgot to mention that but it was a great deal for a nice Wilson) and am hoping to find someone local who will play with me semi-regularly. Where did you sign up for lessons? And yea, yoga after a run is a killer - Be careful! I did some hot yoga after my race on Friday and really was in a world of pain. Be kind to your body and don't push too hard. But you know that. Great long runs this month so far lady. You are amazing!

bonniejo - I *hated* running for months when I started. You'll get there. Just stick with it. I know how hard it is but honestly, it does get easier. And the sense of accomplishment you get from sticking to it even when it sucks will become addictive. I swear that's the best part :laugh: You'll learn to "embrace the suck" as the saying goes and you'll love it! It just takes time. Patience my dear :wink:

JessYas - Welcome back :drinker: Happy to have you my sweets! Always a pleasure to have around. Goals look great too!

Ok That's it for me today. Turns out I have a dentist appt tonight which I had completely forgotten about right during the middle of my designated run time. With my schedule these days it's just not possible to push out, so I'm going to try and run + lift tomorrow morning before work instead. Should be an interesting Wednesday. For today, it's unintended rest and lots of catch up on life. I need to get my *kitten* together.

Have a great Tuesday everyone! :heart:
  • JMSKCW
    JMSKCW Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Qwerty & kendib- the mini eggs should be illegal. I gave up sweets for Lent (candy, cookies, cake and chocolate) and I longed for a bag of mini eggs. I ate a few too many yesterday and was practically in a sugar coma. Somehow I managed to make it to the gym and pull myself out of it (and, thankfully, the mini eggs are less desirable today).

bonniejo- I am a horrible runner, too! I have recenlty started running on hiking trails which is a little easier for me (it takes a little of the impact off of my knees) but put me on a treadmill or the road and it's like it's my first day of exercising.

meagalayne- I am sure you are the only who thinks you have been selfish lately! You seem to be doing a great job at supporting the rest of us.

Hope everyone has a great day! Now to get this job thing over with...:smile:
  • deeders1220
    deeders1220 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Hope everyone's month is off to a good start. Mine had a couple hiccups along the way but for the most part, I’m still on track. I’ve been walking in and out of work every day! Luckily the weather here has been gorgeous but word on the street is that the next several days it’s going to be cold and rainy in SoCal so I’ll have to not let that deter me. Not eating fried foods has been a semi struggle, mostly because I keep forgetting how much stuff is fried, haha! I was enjoying several sweet potato fries the other day before I realized what I was doing… oops! Also trying to avoid all chips, but if I do give in to them, to eat the baked ones. I’ve worked out 3x since last Tuesday so I’m pretty on track for that, although two of those were in the last two days. Let’s just say it’s been hurting moving around today but a good hurt ;) I’m trying to watch what I eat more, incorporating Paleo as much as I can, but still having my dark chocolate every once in a while. I’ve been feeling really bummed seeing how my weight has gone up and down up and down with my history on MFP… hoping I don’t fall back into the same cycle.

Missgolightly - Yay new first apartments!! Last summer, I started living on my own for the first time ever (I’ve had, count ‘em, 26 roommates since the beginning of college! Circumstantial usually). So living as a single gal in Old Town Pasadena has been a lot of fun… but also difficult to keep up a healthy lifestyle! It was nice having roommates judge me as I sat all day on the couch, motivating me to get out, now I gotta make my own motivation! Hopefully you’re loving living on your own as much as I have!

Hippiechel - I haven’t made it out to any of those hikes yet, have mostly been sticking to the ones over here in the foothills but I’m hoping to explore more this year. I’m not very fast/fit either so let me know if you ever want a hiking buddy  And nutella molds??? I guess I never let it sit around long enough to find out, haha. Good news is, it has all been consumed and is no longer around to taunt me, sigh.

Amandaraecook – CHRISTMAS IS THE WORST. Seriously, every year, my self-discipline and control completely go out the window from Thanksgiving all the way until New Years, yeesh. Way to get back on board though, you’re making amazing progress. Get that momentum back!

Guamgrly – Sweet, you’re in OC! Maybe you, me, and chel should hit up some hills sometime! I’ve been going to the 24hr fitness near my place and just tried the Zumba class for the first time. I was a sweaty mess! How do you like the Turbo Kick class? I haven’t done it yet but am considering trying it out along with the Les Mills Body Pump class.

Qwerty – I am SOOO excited for Vegas, mostly because I haven’t seen my gal pals from Seattle who are flying down in a while. Yeah, we’re staying at the Cosmopolitan and I think we’re gonna hit up Tryst (apparently Lil Jon is gonna have a DJ set?? Haha). DEFINITELY planning on getting some pool action, would love to feel a little less self-conscious in the bathing suit right now though :/ Then again, don’t we all.

Abby – Thanks, still trying to get more comfortable with the “boys room” but it’s been good so far. Strong is the new skinny!

Meag – AMAZING 5k times!, and love that you also do hot yoga for stress release. I was going pretty consistently for a while and need to start going back. My hardest part with that was how much time it would take up (90mins + a MUST shower afterwards). Hope you find some mental and emotional release in San Diego as well.
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Lovelies!!

Qwerty – good job on keeping your chocolate intake to a minimum. My favorite candy (Robin Eggs) only come out at this time of year and my aunt brought 2 bags to my house. One bag was opened up and we shared them. Before I could have eaten the whole bag so this was a win. I have yet to find the other bag and think she might have taken it with her (which is a good thing) but if I find it then I’m giving the bag to my brother’s friend.

Bonniejo – I am not a runner by any means. I have started C25K at least three times now. Its just not a big enough burn for me. I still plan to train for and finish a 5K but I think I am going to wait until I get closer to where I want to be.

Eleanore – sounds like you are definitely planning ahead with all of that exercise variation. That’s awesome!! And I can’t wait to hear about your recipes that you tried.

Kendi – 32 seconds away from your goal is amazing for your first 5K. I think you did great!! And that’s awesome that you guys were able to make a family event out of the race. My stepdad is really the only person in my family that is anything close to being athletic but he has really bad knees so my races will all be done without the family.

Meag – I am sure your body will appreciate that forced rest day and you get to have clean teeth also!

Emily – sounds like you had a great night out and possibly it was much needed. Despite the scale being up, sounds like you had a really good weekend and even ended up making up for it. As much as I want a boyfriend also, I finally learned the hard lesson that you shouldn’t have to chase anything that doesn’t want to be there in the first place. Enjoy singledom!! And how could you not with biceps boy dancing up a storm with you and boys buying you drinks all night long.

Deeders – sounds like you definitely have things in order. And yes…forecast says we should be getting some much needed rain. Hope you are still able to make it work for you. And I am right there with you on the sweet potato fries front. I really need to just make some at home and see how I like them. Hiking sounds like so much fun. We should definitely get together and make it work. I love Turbo Kick. I look forward to it each and every week. Gonna try and make it to Zumba on Thursday night.

AFM…had a couple of NSV today!! A vendor brought in a container of rice crispy treats and as much as I crave sugar at ALL times, I decided to pass on it. Also, a friend of mine is having trouble looking for accessories to a dress that she is wearing to a wedding. She asked if I would go with her shopping tonight but I told her that I already had a date with kickboxing and I couldn’t go. And I am so glad that I went to kickboxing. I decided to stay for the hot hula class after and I’m not sure which class gave me the bigger workout. I was drenched in sweat by the time I left. Food was pretty good today as well. Gonna try and make it to Zumba on Thursday otherwise I will hit the elliptical and do some weights.

Question – I am not really hungry after a big workout. Is this normal? Does anyone else experience this?
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Missgo lightly- haha, funny you should say that about running clothes, I actually got a tennis skirt and top before I even bought a tennis raquet. I just thought it was so cute!! Now that I play more, i don't even wear the skirt, cause it didn't have pockets, and I find tennis shorts with huge pockets a lot more conveniant. I love tennis because time flies by and it's a great workout and you don't even notice. I think the lessons will be helpful (definitely in need of improvement)

Meag- you will love tennis!! specially since you are in such good running shape. it definitely helps and makes it easier. I definitely hope things workout and that you have a great time on the trip with Tyler, regardless. I guess you can't really tell him not to come anymore eh :P just make the best of it?

Guam- So proud of you girl!! that's awesome. it's all these little decisions that add up and will ultimately make a difference :) Hot Hula sounds awesome, and hard!!

Deeders-. walking back and forth to work is awesome, i've been doing the same. great start in the morning and also ncie after sitting msot of the day! Just take thigns one day at a time and don't worry too much about your weight going up and down. All you can do is the best you can going forwards, so don't be to hard on yourself and hold yoruself accountable going forward. you can do it!

I don't want to clogg up the thread with my recipes but they are all on my blogg

http://doubletroublekitchenedition.blogspot.ca/

The few new ones I made this weekend are mango/avocado/chicken salad
    mango.jpg

and a snack box with tofu and veggies
    snack.jpg
  • abellone7289
    abellone7289 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies and Gents!

Hope you are all having a great Wednesday!

El: your recipes always too so amazing. I definitely have to try them out sometime soon.

Guam: Congrats on those NSVs. I love NSVs even more than watching the scale go down (I love that too, of course, just not as much). I crave sugar all the time too so I know how hard it is. Also, I am not hungry at all after I workout, even if I was before working out. I think that's normal though because your blood flow is so busy elsewhere in your body that it doesn't flow to your GI tract to make you hunggry. It's like fight or flight kinda deal.

Deeders: Good job on keeping on track despite how hard it is. there are a lot of fried foods out there but you can make homemade baked fries if you were craving! I once saw a recipe for zucchini fries, but they are baked. Healthy, but it might help with any cravings. If I find the recipe I will get it for you.

Missgolightly: good job staying on track despite having a few set backs. You have to plan for life, and sometimes that means dealing with a day of unplanned eating or no exercise. As long as you can get back on track right after, you can reach your goals! And congrats on the new apartment. I can't wait to find one of my own in the next few months once I get a job.

AFM: My apartment is a battle ground for my will power and I am doing pretty okay with that battle. I was supposed to weigh myself this Monday (my birthday!) to see if I managed that last March goal but with the weekend of candy and baking and family gatherings, I could feel all the water weight clinging around my middle. So I am putting it off for a few more days. I have been pretty good. My mom went a little overboard with the Easter candy this year and my best friend baked me a small birthday cake, but I have not gone over board. I've only been going over by 200 or so a day. Just a piece of chocolate or two of chocolate or a small piece of cake at the end of the day. Not too shabby. Hopefully I will be able to squeeze in a run today after work and before a potential job interview.

Have an awesome day everyone!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hope to get on here to catch up before I leave on Thursday night but tonight it's not happening - So much to do and so little time!

El- Salad looks great! :bigsmile: Your meals look delicious, as always! I've play tennis a few times in the past and I know it's a great workout and loads of fun. Just need to find a buddy to play with :grumble: I'll make it happen, even if I have to resort to craigslist :laugh: JK! Thanks for the well-wishing on the trip lady. I am really hoping we have a good time.

Guam - Very normal! I am usually super thirsty but my body needs some time to chill out before I eat. Not usually hungry for about an hour, at which point I'm FAMISHED. I usually stuff my face immediately anyway because I need to recoup the cals and make up for all the prime eating time lost during exercise (I've usually worked-out straight through meal time...) but yea, not always too hungry. Happy to hear you are kicking so much *kitten* with your NSV's and staying on track and motivated. Great moderation and way to put yourself (and kick boxing) first!

Deeders - Thanks girl! And yes - Love the hot yoga! And so jealous you, Guam and chel are all so close to one another :blushing: I am going to be down your way this weekend in San Diego. Where abouts are you? Don't get discouraged with the ups and downs on the scale. My whole journey has been a laundry lists of fluctuating weights, and even while I was losing every 3 or 4 weeks I'd see a gain of 1-2lbs. It's standard stuff. If your habits over all are improving, you are on the right track. Long term changes and behaviour modification is the best way to measure your success at this :wink: Stick with it.

OK So much for not catching up. I've gotta run! Sorry to those I've missed. I'll hopefully get around to another quick one before my flight Friday morning. Love yas! :heart:
  • qwerty07
    qwerty07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a secret mini-egg addiction!

Eleanoreb- Your food looks delicious- especially the tofu and veggie snack box! I'm big on using dips in snacks, salsa, hummus, greek yogurt, all are great! Your long runs are so inspiring! How do you stay motivated to run for the full 18 miles?

GuamGrly- You have now intrigued me to try to find Robin Eggs! That's great that you were able to enjoy some of them with your aunt, but get the rest out of the house. Out of sight out of mind right?

Kendib- Missing your target by 30 seconds is nothing! I wouldn't even count that! You hit your goal pretty much bang on, which is amazing.

JMSKCW- You gave up all sweets for Lent? You must have steel willpower! I gave up chocolate one year and that was torture enough! Did you find a change in your energy levels/ cravings in those 40 days?

Deeders- I'm sure you will look fabulous in your swimsuit in Vegas. Throw on some shades and a big floppy hat and pretend you are a celebrity :)

Megalyne- Hope you have an awesome trip!

I was able to squeeze in an 8k run today, between shopping, errands, and trying to meet a work deadline for Friday. I'm already looking forward to the weekend! Going to see a baseball game, and have plans with my sisters to see a movie. And (hopefully, weather permitting) get to do a long run on my day off Saturday. What is everyone up to this weekend?
  • kendib
    Options
    Oh, were is my motivation!?! I have been logging but not eating well and haven't been logged into the computer for a while. So here is me catching up.

qwerty - I'm impressed that you got that long of a run in with all of your other errands and things.

meag - Have fun on your trip. I haven't made it to San Diego yet but spent a summer in Lake Tahoe, California and was able to go to San Fransico and Yosemite while we were there. There were lots of amazing places to hike.

abellone - Way to look at things. Sometimes you have to go over your calories for a time and then get back into the swing of things. My mom started sending me "care packages" in college like around finals and for holidays, etc. and I still get them sometimes. For Easter there was chocolate and jelly beans and all of that. It's really hard not to eat too much.

el - love your snack ideas! I like dips and the tofu looks interesting. I'm not opposed to tofu but have only had it a few times that I thought it was good and some of the times that it wasn't. There is no place close to where I live that sells it for a resonable price.

Guam - WAY TO GO!!!! Passing up sweets is a big challenge when they are presented to us. I can pass them over in the grocery store everytime but come to the office and man it is hard to say no. I'm glad you have found some classes that you really like.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

AFM - I have not gone to run in about a week. :noway: I know I really need to but this week has been crazy! Work is starting to pick up speed again, we slow way down from Jan. to March and then steadily increase in projects and events unitl Christmas and then repeat every year. Next year's budget's are due soon and we have some major events coming up! I need to stop making excueses and just go!

My hubby and I bought tickets for tickets for Hawaii this week!! We are going in August and I am so excited. Happy 5th Anniversary to us! This is new motivation to look good my then.

We are under Torando Watch all weekend and it is supposed to rain and storm all weekend, so I guess it will be working out and running inside for the weekend.
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I've been so busy getting ready for the baby this is the first time I've even looked at the April thare ad. Miss you ladies and hope you're all doing amazing!

Megan
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Happy Saturday Lovelies!! This thread seems to have come to a screeching halt so I thought I would take the time to post something.

Eleanore – that salad looks yummy!! I am not a huge fan of tofu but I am sure that the other one was tasty also.

Manda – glad I’m not the only that isn’t hungry after a workout. Just sucks cause I get done with my workouts so late so I definitely don’t get my calories in for the day on workout days. And happy belated birthday!! I hope you had a wonderful day!! Sounds like you did pretty good with your sugar intake despite the amount of sugar that was around you…great job!! And how did the job interview go?

Meag – thanks for the advice! I usually eat something as soon as I get home despite how hungry I am feeling. However, it usually isn’t enough to make up for the calories I just burned. Hope you are enjoying the beautiful sunny southern California weather.

Qwerty – Robin Eggs are just like Whoppers (malted milk balls) but they are covered in a sugar coating. Luckily, I finally got rid of the extra bag last night. Which baseball game did you go to? I am taking the kids to see our first Angels game of the season next Friday. It will be big bang Friday so they turn out the lights of the stadium after the game and have a really nice firework show set to music. I was supposed to go out last night for a co-worker’s going away party but it was cold and rainy yesterday and all I wanted to do was stay home with my kiddos. Today we are going to a carnival at my daughter’s Boys & Girls Club, 2 birthday parties after that, and not too sure what’s in store for tomorrow. Oh and great job squeezing in your run between all of that stuff. I was hoping to squeeze a workout in this morning but feel like I’m catching a cold so I tried to get some extra rest so that I can make it go away sooner rather than later.

Kendi – hopefully you can find that much needed motivation that you need to kick it into high gear. Hopefully you are also able to find some time to squeeze in a run or 2 despite your hectic work schedule. And your trip to Hawaii should definitely be some good motivation. I look forward to going to Hawaii one day. I have only been as far as the Honolulu airport on my way to Guam. And hopefully you guys are able to steer clear of the tornadoes. It was very cold, windy, and wet for southern California last night but this morning was full of abundant sunshine, blue skies, and warm weather.

Megan – good to see ya!! How much longer til you have the lil one??

AFM…got my workout in on Thursday. I ended up doing Zumba and it wasn’t as good of a burn as I would have hoped for. But my legs were still very sore from kickboxing and hula on Tuesday so it probably worked out. Food intake has not been the best and I have 2 birthday parties to go to today so I am going to do my very best to make the best choices and steer clear of the birthday cake and candy.

Have a great weekend lovelies!!!!!