Are you....

Confident?

Have you always had great confidence?

If not.....how did you gain it?

I honestly really struggle in this area. I have very little self confidence. I'm really working on it. It's so hard though. I'm hoping that through working on my outter self.....it will help a bit on the inside.

Replies

• I was confident when I was a size 0 with ripped abs.

Today, not so much. :(
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    i'm not sure.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,079 Member
    NO
    definitely no
    and i wish i was :(
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I would say I've always had it. But there's also a difference between self confidence and self respect. I have more self respect than I do confidence.
  • jwalker30
    jwalker30 Posts: 282
    Absolutely, it just took listening to Stuart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ldAQ6Rh5ZI
  • I am confident in who I am in the Body of Christ. I get unnerved when someone attacks me verbally and unjustifiably. I am who I am only by the grace of God.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 664 Member
    I’ve been called cocky and conceded but never confident.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    I am most of the time..
    I mean I don't know how I gained it or why I didn't have it in high school. lol (:
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Confidence is a way of life or an Identity. You have to believe that you were here for a reason and that have the ability to something that no one else can do quite as unique as you. I tell you this when you love yourself from the inside out it will effect how you value yourself, thus making you strive for the best and look the absolute best you can. You do this not for a Man or a Woman but for yourself and life is but a moment. I thought I would be married forever and then I wasnt. If you live for anyone other than you first, you will never have the ability to love someone they way they deserve and you deserve to give. The gal that started this thread your very lovely but just because I said it doesnt mean you believe it! Be able to take some truth from people and not hang on every word they say or let them define you! I have more but I didnt want to dominate the thread, Brian
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,524 Member
    I have a high confidence level in most everything. There are a few issues where it could improve but I am a confident person!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    I am extremely confident regarding what I am able to accomplish and how far I have come.

I am not very confident about my appearance but I am working on it
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Confidence is a way of life or an Identity. You have to believe that you were here for a reason and that have the ability to something that no one else can do quite as unique as you. I tell you this when you love yourself from the inside out it will effect how you value yourself, thus making you strive for the best and look the absolute best you can. You do this not for a Man or a Woman but for yourself and life is but a moment. I thought I would be married forever and then I wasnt. If you live for anyone other than you first, you will never have the ability to love someone they way they deserve and you deserve to give. The gal that started this thread your very lovely but just because I said it doesnt mean you believe it! Be able to take some truth from people and not hang on every word they say or let them define you! I have more but I didnt want to dominate the thread, Brian
    it s also found in how you treat people and being kind. Confidence exudes kindness
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Now yes.

Who wants my number?
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Confidence? What is this word you speak of? I don't have confidence, which is why I know for certain I'll forever get the guys I have to settle for
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    I never used to be so would fake it and now it's real.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    I never really was a confident person - but I ended up working as the Activity Director in a Retirement Residence, where I had to be the centre of attention ALL the time... so I learned to fake it really well - so well that you would have never known that I lacked confidence.... guess I faked it so long, that it became real. Fake it Til you make it, Baby!!

Eleanor Roosevelt said: 'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" LOVE yourself.
  • Now yes.

Who wants my number?

go get 'em tiger!!!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Off and on.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Now yes.

Who wants my number?

Bha ha ha - you're AWEsome! Love that response :)
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    I have always been confident in myself. I believe "I got it from my momma" :laugh: She is a strong woman that never took **** from no one, but is never afraid to admit she makes mistakes.

When I am in awkward situations.... I have a tendency of using humor to deflect from any uncertainties.