Are you....

Options

Replies

• OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Always have been..to this day my mom tells me I'm the most handsome man that exists though I don't believe it. Yet I've not lacked in confidence due to hearing this type of talk all my life...
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Depends on what...

Like I am confident when getting in front of a crowd, but I am not confident in my writing skills. etc.

But I am confident that I know my strengths well.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    After a few drinks...ABSOLUTELY.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Too confident, really. I remember when I was a little boy, maybe six or seven. My grandfather described me as "arrogant" even back then. I've gotten comments like that my whole life. But I'm just confident. I know what I can do. And I never, ever believe that I'm going to fail at anything.

But how else can you succeed? As Henry Ford once said, "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right."
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Of course. Look at these abs!!!!
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty dang confident. Unless my hair looks oily. Hahaha

Honestly, I think it has to do with more of IDGAF. But I walk around with my head held high. :)
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options

Okay, but that only explains why L.L. Cool J is confident! :laugh:
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

Never heard of him. Is he one of those basketball players or something?
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Confidence is a way of life or an Identity. You have to believe that you were here for a reason and that have the ability to something that no one else can do quite as unique as you. I tell you this when you love yourself from the inside out it will effect how you value yourself, thus making you strive for the best and look the absolute best you can. You do this not for a Man or a Woman but for yourself and life is but a moment. I thought I would be married forever and then I wasnt. If you live for anyone other than you first, you will never have the ability to love someone they way they deserve and you deserve to give. The gal that started this thread your very lovely but just because I said it doesnt mean you believe it! Be able to take some truth from people and not hang on every word they say or let them define you! I have more but I didnt want to dominate the thread, Brian

This!
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Confidence is a way of life or an Identity. You have to believe that you were here for a reason and that have the ability to something that no one else can do quite as unique as you. I tell you this when you love yourself from the inside out it will effect how you value yourself, thus making you strive for the best and look the absolute best you can. You do this not for a Man or a Woman but for yourself and life is but a moment. I thought I would be married forever and then I wasnt. If you live for anyone other than you first, you will never have the ability to love someone they way they deserve and you deserve to give. The gal that started this thread your very lovely but just because I said it doesnt mean you believe it! Be able to take some truth from people and not hang on every word they say or let them define you! I have more but I didnt want to dominate the thread, Brian

Well said!
  • daninicoleshreck
    Options
    What is this word you speak of? I don't think I've ever experienced it. :/
    I am constantly comparing myself to other wherever I go..friends, family, random strangers on the street. I dont approach guys often, if at all, because I fear rejection and being made fun of...this is pretty much why I'm losing weight.
    I feel like my weight is holding me back from the person I truly am because I'm too worried about eating too much or being judged for whatever I'm doing. :(
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

This...lol
  • mischa_12
    mischa_12 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I was way more confident when I was 10lbs lighter, I would make an effort with clothes and makeup but now I just wear sweat pants and I don't bother much with make up.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

That's LL Cool J?
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options

Lol Love it!
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    I've always been confident. Guess I have been lucky. I've always been a "big girl" but I have just always been comfortable in my skin. Not sure if it's genetics, how I was raised, or both.

This doesn't mean I've never had days when my confidence faulters a bit, on those days I just FAKE it and before I know it I feel good again. Give it a try, maybe ith will work for you!
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    I have always been confident in myself. I believe "I got it from my momma" :laugh: She is a strong woman that never took **** from no one, but is never afraid to admit she makes mistakes.

When I am in awkward situations.... I have a tendency of using humor to deflect from any uncertainties.

Cheers to momma's that don't take S**T from no one!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Amazing Self Esteem, but awful Confidence. And I don't know how I managed that.
  • nicoleeliza4
    Options
    Definitely never used to but gaining a lot of confidence over the last year or so. Wearing a cute and well fitting outfit definitely helps but otherwise just got to fake it and soon enough it'll be real! Had a tough job that involved a lot of knocking on strangers doors and asking for their personal info, really had to just go for it and it helped me get more comfortable with myself.
    Trying new things really helps
  • Tasha_uk
    Tasha_uk Posts: 70
    Options
    I have no confidence what so ever. I'm good at faking it though.