Replies

• lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Confident?
    I'd say so
    Have you always had great confidence?

If not.....how did you gain it?
    Not always I had problems being about 5,6 and fatish when I was 16 until I had a magical growth spurt at 19 and started to get in shape :smile:
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    No. I feel less of who I am because I weight more. I have to put more of me out there to be taken seriously. My husband even has said that I am more forward now than before. I feel I have become this way because I have felt in certain situations I was ignored.
    In these same situations before I didn't have to put myself out there.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I was before.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Confidence does not reside in how you look. Confidence is exuded through your actions. You KNOW you are good, necessary, exemplary, at "some" thing... and it shows because you can't help but allow it come through. Confidence does not appear because you are thin or good looking. You may have the confidence to wear a specific skirt or dress that you never would have worn at a higher weight, but as for overall confidence... nope, that's in your head.

I have it sometimes... but not all the time. My friends help me with my confidence. I can confide in them when I'm faking confidence and they relate to me how it looks from the outside and also how I might work on making it real. I love my friends.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm quite confident.
    I've been confident since childhood.
    I was confident when I was overweight, but fearful of judgment.
    I'm even more confident now that I'm physically able to do more things, and I don't worry about people judging me.
  • CrazyMidget611
    CrazyMidget611 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am not confident, but I've learned how to fake it well!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I think it's starting to get up there, I have my moments, at work I'm very confident in myself. I feel like I'm good at what I do. Around people in like a social setting, not so much, I fear people think I'm still that fat girl lol. I don't know it's weird. Last night for example, we were out talking to neighbors, and while I got a great compliment on my weight loss, I still kinda stood off and eventually just went inside and stuck to myself.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Everyone struggles at some point with confidence, but I'm strong believer that even people with the lowest of levels of confidence have the biggest potential to burst out and live a life out of their shell of insecurity. Achievement is one of the best medicines to cure the low confidence, along with try-and-error method. The general rule is that people with confidence will TRY without overthinking the situation. Like body shape, confidence is something that you can improve and is up to you, but to achieve it is not easy and requires a lot of work and patience.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Also when I was that fat girl, I had more confidence, but I have body image problems, obese I seen a thinner girl in the mirror, now at average weight I see a big girl lol. My mind hasn't caught up, I hope it catches up soon.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    No.. But I'm still working on that
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I would say I am semi-confident.... I've always been a little overweight, and embarrassed about my body. I would never wear shorts no matter how hot it was because all my weight is in my lower half.... Then I started gettin inked, I met my now husband, and my confidence went up, though I still refused the shorts.... Then I got pregnant and gained a **** load of weight and became obese. BAM. All confidence out the window. And stayed that way for about 2 years. I've finally loss the weight and have a healthy BMI, and actually wore shorts and dresses for like the first time ever last summer and am confident about doing so again this summer. Though I'm not fully confident in myself, I am more now than ever before. You just have to do things that make you feel your best, no matter what others may think of it. For me it was leaning out, getting inked and having my hair in my bright pink lol.

Point is, pay less attention on how OTHERS may perceive you, and more attention about how you want to perceive yourself!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    There are two confidences;
    --confidence in ability
    --confidence in appearence

To be confident in your appearence, work out and eat right and wear clothes that fit, no matter how big you are.

To be confident in your abiliies, you need to know objectively what you are good at, so do that and work to improve it.

I know it sounds easier than it is.....Good Luck.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Confidence is more than just looks. Do I ever have insecurities? Of course. Everyone does. I've always thought at the end of the day, I'm a great catch. I'm not perfect, but I think my confidence is the main reason I've always had great relationships.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I would say I've always had it. But there's also a difference between self confidence and self respect. I have more self respect than I do confidence.
    ^^^ Definitely this
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I wasn't always confident, but once I took control of my life my confidence just kept getting stronger.
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I never used to be so would fake it and now it's real.

This except it's not real yet for me. Never really was confident, and didn't learn to fake it til half way through high school. I look forward to when it's real =)

Good Luck!!
  • Behl9
    Behl9 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have ups and downs with confidence so I'd say no, not very. On good days I can feel pretty confident and I try and carry that through to my not so good days. However I am pretty fluent in "smartass" and tend to talk myself up just for laughs (I've recently started to wonder if people realize that I'm kidding with most of my 'confident comments') :embarassed:
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I think you gain confidence by pushing past your comfort zone. Try new things! Many people, especially women, it seems, miss out on a lot of opportunities and a lot of fun because they are too self-conscious to try new things. By the time I graduated from high school, I decided I could do anything anyone else could do. Of course, I was a little over-confident at that point, but I did find myself able to accomplish more than a lot of women, just because I tried. The more you succeed, the more confident you'll become. The biggest obstacle for most women is probably worrying about what others will think. Don't worry about it--for the most part, they'll either be jealous or admire your courage (or both). Decide what you want to do and go for it! Be courageous! God bless you.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Read a lot of people saying fake it and you'll become confident, so maybe I need to try it! X
  • Behl9
    Behl9 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think you gain confidence by pushing past your comfort zone. Try new things! Many people, especially women, it seems, miss out on a lot of opportunities and a lot of fun because they are too self-conscious to try new things. By the time I graduated from high school, I decided I could do anything anyone else could do. Of course, I was a little over-confident at that point, but I did find myself able to accomplish more than a lot of women, just because I tried. The more you succeed, the more confident you'll become. The biggest obstacle for most women is probably worrying about what others will think. Don't worry about it--for the most part, they'll either be jealous or admire your courage (or both). Decide what you want to do and go for it! Be courageous! God bless you.

^^I love this! Great post!