weight loss inspired tattoo

Options

Replies

• SweetAzn
    SweetAzn Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I was just talking about this with a friend. I have 2 tattoos already and thought I was done. Then my friend got a tatto of the tree of life on her forearm and has a full back tattoo and they look awesome! Her new tattoo really inspired me to want to get a tattoo once I complete my weight loss journey. I'm not sure what I want either but I want something artistic bc the ones I have aren't really artsy. And I'm playing around with the idea of getting half a sleeve or possibly a large back tattoo. I just want to be able to cover it when I don't want to show it. But whatever you decide and get I'm sure it will look awesome! Here's to our future tattoos! ^_^

235006.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting something like this.

chain-tat.jpg

It is a quote from Dimebag Darrel, the guitarist from Pantera and one of the greatest metal guitarists ever. Before my journey to become healthier and stronger it described my relationship with my family and friends. Now I find it inspirational on actually becoming stronger and I listen to Pantera in the gym which helps me push myself as hard as I can.
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I got one. It was supposed to be when I lost a 100lbs, which I hit last thanksgiving. I just got the tattoo a few weeks ago though. It is the word "believe" across the top of my foot. I might have a pic uploaded of it actually. :)
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    No, but I am wanting one too, only I want a FULL back. . eek
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I actually plan on getting my puppys paw prints when I get down to a lower weight, since he'll be my running buddy when I'm finally fit enough to run! I'll be getting them done on my left hip!
  • BodyUnderConstruction
    Options
    When I lose my weight, I want to get one on my hip. Some place sexy where I can say "Yeah I can pull this off"
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Haven't you ever noticed how many women get butterflies?

Anyway I don't plan on getting one because of weight loss, but I do plan on getting one when I get to my goal weight, only to make it look better. Not sure what but maybe on back.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'm getting 270 with a Ø through it on my foot... not sure which foot. I'm doing this at 100lbs lost so I can never forget my highest weight!
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I'm getting 270 with a Ø through it on my foot... not sure which foot. I'm doing this at 100lbs lost so I can never forget my highest weight!

it hurts bad on the foot! lol
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I plan to get comedy/tragedy drama masks on my hip - I've always wanted that tattoo but never saw any point to getting one somewhere that I'd never show it!
  • donnantx
    donnantx Posts: 76
    Options
    your highest weight or the # of pounds lost....I want a tatoo but do not have one yet...
  • jillybean0123
    jillybean0123 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm getting one as my reward for losing weight but I wanted it way before I ever started losing weight.

I'm going to get the star of life with the words "Racing the 'Reaper" around it and possibly the japanese symbol for guardian behind it if my artist thinks it won't look too busy. Getting it on my back, probably on my left shoulder blade.
  • zippymelanie68
    Options
    years ago I joined T.O.P.S ( taking off pounds sensibly), and when someone hit their goal weight they were always presented with yellow roses. I told myself that when I hit my goal I would get a yellow rose tattoo as a constant reminder to maintain my weight loss cause I always want to live up to that yellow rose. I quit T.O.P.S years ago but I still think how wonderful it would be to have earned those yellow roses.
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on getting a dandelion with seeds blowing off. One seed for every 5 pounds I've lost!!
  • zippymelanie68
    Options
    I actually plan on getting my puppys paw prints when I get down to a lower weight, since he'll be my running buddy when I'm finally fit enough to run! I'll be getting them done on my left hip!

so sweet :heart:
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I wanna get one too, whenever I'm done. lol
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on getting a dandelion with seeds blowing off. One seed for every 5 pounds I've lost!!
    I think that's my favorite idea! So cute and original. :)

I would feel like if I put the highest weight I ever was on my new slim body it would be just beating myself up daily. IDK, maybe that's just me. I would not want any focus on where I "was" but only on where I'm at and where I'm going. :)
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I am thinking a very elaborate feather of some sort. Light as a feather.
  • nemsmom
    nemsmom Posts: 48
    Options
    I don't think I really want mine because of hitting my goal weight (wanted it before I started really trying to lose weight), but it would be good for that as well. I want each of my kids' baby foot prints with their full names and birth dates and possibly something to make it more decorative on my right thigh. I have a three inch long scar I want to try and cover a little, but I wont do it until I lose weight so that it will look it's best!
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to decide that as well... I've thought about something symbolic and have gone through:

A phoenix rising from the ashes
    A cherry blossom tree or branch on my back
    A tree with visible roots
    A sparrow flying from a cage
    the godspeed courier cyclist (I am an avid cyclist and bike racer)
    asking a tattoo artist to draw a triangle with each side representing a portion of a triathlon (I am also a triathlete)

I'm not getting this until I reach my goal weight range.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!