weight loss inspired tattoo

Options

Replies

• beth230blue
    beth230blue Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When I hit my target weight, and my body is where I want it to be....I'm not marking it. To each his/her own.
  • CharliSue
    CharliSue Posts: 81
    Options
    I have rewards set for myself ... 20lbs get my nails done, 40 nice new hair cut, 60 a new tattoo. I think I just want the word "love" on the inside of my wrist. A reminder to love myself first.

I already have 13 of them. They include "Bella Vita" on the back of my neck. "what goes around come around" going around my ankle, and "patience" on my shoulder.
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    sorry this is my first post and I hope I am posting it in the right spot...I am thinking about getting a tattoo once I lose the weight I am wanting to lose....Has anyone gotten a tattoo inspired by your weight loss...if so what did you get and where on your body did you get it...?

I told myself that I would get one at about 160. I ended up getting two!!
    I'll post them when I can figure out how to resize them. :/
  • Holly1019
    Holly1019 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    A lady at my gym has a vine of flowers going up her leg. She lets herself get more of the tat done everytime she reaches a small goal. Its all flowers, so it doent look bad, and you would never know it was not finished unless she told you.

I personally would get something small on my foot, or wrist that I would see as to remind me all the time how far I have come. Get a symble of some sort of a mountian!
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i'm thinking to get ' Veni, vidi, vici' means 'I came, I saw, I conquered' and i'm thinking to just put it under an existing tat, somehow incorporate it
  • ashley_d78
    ashley_d78 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i want to get an infinity loop that has the word balance in it.
    i struggle with balance everyday. When i get to the point where i can say i am healthy,happy and strong. i will get it.
  • sara40444
    sara40444 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I reach my goal weight I want to get a tattoo of one my favorite quotes "change is painful but stagnation is death" I just want the first three words on the arch of my foot. :)
  • ambutler0905
    Options
    at first i wanted X (roman numerial for 10) for every 10 lbs i lost in a chain around my ankle. But lately i've been thinking the number of pounds lost on my wrist for a constant reminder.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Yes I got my Goal Achieved tattoo on what they call "Tramp Stamp" its a butterfly...Love it!
  • Jaw_g
    Jaw_g Posts: 46
    Options
    this is a great idea for a reward for weightloss!!! I better start thinking!
  • therichness
    therichness Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When I get down to my goal weight, I'm going to get a number tattooed on me to represent the number of pounds I had to lose to get there.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I thought about getting a tattoo a few years ago and didn't... but I still like the idea I had then.

It's a stylised spiral symbol of an unfurling fern frond, called a "koru" in New Zealand. I went there for a holiday and bought a pewter pendant that I wore for years (I wore it until it broke and fell off on it's own) with this symbol. For me it was very meaningful -symbolising new beginnings which was just right at the time.

Put KORU into google images and you will get lots of ideas that would make a gorgeous tattoo.

Oooooh, I just googled KORU TATTOO - I could be very tempted by some of those designs!
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I've seen people with a tattoo that says "26.2" or "5K" to symbolize their first races :) I am definitely getting one but idk what yet.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    sorry this is my first post and I hope I am posting it in the right spot...I am thinking about getting a tattoo once I lose the weight I am wanting to lose....Has anyone gotten a tattoo inspired by your weight loss...if so what did you get and where on your body did you get it...?

my sister has a dress form on her bicep and on her tricep, the dress form is exploding with a smaller one within it. basically, that her prior self had been shattered and the new had been revealed...
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options

my sister has a dress form on her bicep and on her tricep, the dress form is exploding with a smaller one within it. basically, that her prior self had been shattered and the new had been revealed...

oh, and i plan to have my first tattoo done which says "nothing changes if nothing changes". having it worked into a vine that goes from my foot and up my leg. also meant to inspire me...
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    When I hit my UGW i'm getting a multicolored dream catcher tattooed on my side!
  • aduck23
    aduck23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I will get a dragon tattoo on my back when I reach my goal :3
  • melly049
    melly049 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get something to do with a blossom! Because I will have blossomed into something beautiful
  • MommaHoff
    MommaHoff Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get the number of pounds I lose on the inside of my wrist and then on the top of my wrist I'm going to have my daughter design like a bracelet style tattoo. Can't decide on which wrist though. But I have some time to decide. I don't want to ever forget how much I struggled to get healthy.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Maybe a symbol for every pound lost, like a leaf for each pound on a tree

Awesome idea :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!