weight loss inspired tattoo

Options

Replies

• amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    thought about getting one like the t-shirt you get from P90 maybe saying something like Earned or I Earned this
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just got this Saturday, right after I finished my third half marathon. Not purely weight loss inspired, but since running has become something that I actually enjoy...:
    18332559_117.jpg

Back-story:

Just over a year ago, my former cheering section of one was out of town. To get me through the temporary solitude, I received a series of notes – one per day – to be opened. One of these days happened to be a “race” day. With that day's message, the cheering section came through, even from hundreds of miles away.

And for the record, I set a new 10K PR (Personal Record) that day. Since that day, every single race, and practically every training run for that matter, I've kept the note with me when I run. It's continued to be a sentimental motivator that helps overcome weariness, exhaustion, or dread whenever I face another run.

I've been paranoid about something happening to it. I keep the card in a plastic bag in case of rain, but that wouldn't help me if I lost it somewhere along a course. So, here's my solution to the specific little detail that I've now made sure will stick with me.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I've been through a LOT of **** in the last year, my weightloss was sparked by being in the earthquake in Japan March 11th last year and realising "I don't want to die fat and unhappy with myself".
    I ended up studying in a country I hated and got really depressed, but I've lost weight and I've got over the depression and I've survived...
    When I hit 170lb my reward is a tattoo on the bone right behind my ear:
    "INVICTUS"
    Latin for "invincible" :)
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have not gotten one for my weight loss, but I did get a tattoo for my first 5K. I ran it on ST. Patrick's day and that afternoon got a shamrock tattooed on my foot. :)
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I have a lotus flower on my left upper arm I got it on my 31st birthday trying to inspire me to change and new beginnings...it took me about a year and a half but I did.
    I would like a back piece done when I'm at goal and have my plastic surgeries out of the way so it will take awhile maybe on my 40th birthday :) in 5 years. I want a flowering vine up my spine that will have the serenity prayer written along the vine...it is something I use to calm myself when life just gets too crazy and I want to eat but I don't want to go back to the hell of food addiction.
  • siouan
    siouan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to get a star for each 14 lbs I lose, as we count these as 'stones' in the UK. They are going to start up on my left shoulder, and gradually get smaller as I go further down my arm. I'm counting from my highest ever weight, and I managed to lose 21 lbs by myself over the last year before joining MFP.

I have a lot to lose, and after going up and down over the years, have decided this is the last time and I will lose it for good this time.

As of today, I'm 1lb off getting my second star, as at my biggest last year I weighed in at 294 lbs, so when I see my tattooist friend this summer, the first 2 stars are going ahead :)
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    When I get to ONEderland I'm getting my tongue pierced. I have had ideas for tattoos that I have wanted since high school and I plan on using them for rewards for mini goals, and I want a big one on my back for when I reach my goal! No ideas related to my journey yet, but I imagine it will come to me =)
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I definately plan on a tattoo when I get down to my goal weight or I look the way I want to look.....

I have a few ideas but I love "quotes" thinking about this one :

"She believed she could, so she did"
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My daughter has a grouping of three brightly colored gerber daisies with one fluffy dandelion with the seeds blowing away on her outer thigh (lots of dandelion leaves at the bottom as well). She gets tons of compliments on the dandelion with the seeds blowing... Although she did say that the seeds were quite painful because the tattoo artists wanted the detail perfect so did so many very thin lines that her leg started quivering! She loves it =)
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking "Hard Work" on one foot and "Dedication" on the other possibly
  • Bree5280
    Bree5280 Posts: 18
    Options
    An old coworker of mine got a winnie the poo holding up a 100lb dumbbell when she lost 100 pounds
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I have one on my wrist now (you can see in my pictures on my profile) that says "nunquam iterum" (never again) with my starting weight in roman numerals beneath it (CCCLIII / 353). I love it!

When I get to my goal weight, I'm getting a tattoo on the arch of my foot with "non sum qualis eram" (I'm not who I was) and a baby phoenix rising from the ashes with embers all around her, on my ankle
  • amandager
    amandager Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    a few weeks ago i had "believe" (my profile pic) tattooed on my wrist. it is not only helpful now as i am still on the journey, but it will serve as a reminder once i get to my goal to believe in myself and what i have accomplished.
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    When I get to and stay at my goal weight I am planning on getting the phrase: "What doesn't CHALLENGE you won't CHANGE you". Its the thing that gets me through my workouts and not eating that extra piece of birthday cake! :)

Good luck on the rest of your journey, and on making the tattoo decision!
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have believe on my left wrist! :P
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    You know how people get little ribbons just round a wrist or ankle? How about a measuring tape? haha that sounds silly but I bet it would look good when drawn by a professional :P
    Or how about a little dumbell/bike/some other sport or fitness that you used on your journey (if you did)?

Also, I agree, DO NOT GET A PICTURE OF YOUR FAT SELF. Haha.

That would look cute- the measuring tape idea.
  • BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    haud iens tergum - ' no going back'

but i really like the v2.0 as well.

I like the Idea of no going back...I might "borrow" that one.

I must be half aslepp because I'm not understand v2.0 ~~a little help here please. :embarassed:
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    When I can rock a bikini again, Im getting a cherry blossom branch on my right side ~ from my hip to my shoulder... Im SO EXCITED!!
  • BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on getting a dandelion with seeds blowing off. One seed for every 5 pounds I've lost!!

I like this idea too...but for me that would be alot of seeds...lol
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options

I must be half aslepp because I'm not understand v2.0 ~~a little help here please. :embarassed:

Version 2.0.. New version
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!