April Move your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    I am in for 125 miles in April. I'm going to continue to count walking as well as running because I like walking. :happy:
    Thanks Denise! Let's get moving!!!
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in for 100 miles for April. I usually exceed a 100 miles a month, but don't know when my hip will start acting up like it did in March.

Good luck to all of us!
  • crazydv
    crazydv Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. I'm working towards a triathlon so I will be counting swimming, running and biking (hope that's ok) for a total mileage of 160 miles.

Break down (for me)
    20 miles swimming
    100 running/walking
    40 miles biking

Do I need to submit miles per activity or will it be ok just to list miles done??
    Looking forward to staying commited to my exercise this month and watching/helping others do the same!!
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Glad to see familiar faces and welcome to the new people in the thread. There's a spreadsheet where I keep track of everybody's miles at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?pli=1&key=0As57uSwFQUGJdC1OU0dvNEdQSXpWQzhfYjdTb1plWnc#gid=53

Remember to share your progress every now and then. If you want to break down the numbers by activity you're more than welcome, however a grand total is convenient for the tracking.

You may use a ticker (most people here use www.tickerfactory.com). Whenever you update your ticker, you have to copy the bbcode and paste it inside your message. If you find this ticker procedure too challenging, you may just write down your current mileage in your post.

Happy moving
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm in for April, and will be moving 210 miles this month.

exercise.png
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for 90 miles of doing Leslie Sansone Walk-at-Home! Good luck everyone!
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    the name of this thread caught my eye cause i keep telling myself exactly that!!!!! I am going to join this for the month of April. A little history on me. I have been on and off MFP since 2009 and realize if I had stayed vigilant i would have long ago been at my goal and able to help others. However i made significant progress and quit logging in..... well as a result i gain weight back and was feeling miserable because of it mentally and physically. I will be turning 50 this month and I am determined to get to my goal by the age of 51. I came back to MFP and set my ticker back to 0 and I am starting anew. So with that being said, my goal will be 30 miles this month, i am so out of shape right now and i have to restart everything. 30 is probably a low number but i am being realistic. Maybe will get a little further but just for today 30 is the number. thanks for the post!!:smile:

@Metco...welcome back to MFP and welcome to this challenge! Remember, you are challenging yourself so please do not compare your goals to anyone else. You can do it!
  • l_oudman
    Options
    Accidental repost :tongue:
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!

I'm going for 60 miles this month and this will be my usual combination of walking outdoors, elliptical & Leslie Sansone walking!

Nothing for today though as it's my rest day :yawn:
  • l_oudman
    Options
    My goal for April will be very small...only 25 miles. This is due to the fact that I will be having knee surgery the 12th so only have the first 11 days to do any type of walking.

@chancie72
    Nothing wrong with 25 miles!! Hope your surgery will go well. :flowerforyou:

It is not how much you move but the fact that you are moving, good luck with the surgery.
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    can i join id like to do 60 running miles this month. ill just count my running miles.
    my names toni xx
  • Breezedew
    Breezedew Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a weight training program this month so I'm cutting my biking down a day, but I'm still going to up it from last months goal.

I'm going to set it at 200 miles of biking, walking, elliptical and working on my walk/jog program.

Yikes... I'm nervous just writing that LOL! But Here we go!

Good luck everyone!

P.S. Denise and Dinos - I love you for doing this... I've never been so moitvated to move my @ss!!!!!
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options
    I am in for 100 miles like last month! I already started today with a great 5 k run in Juan Carlos Parque with my husband and dog, Cookie!

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm on the boards with a 5 mile run today.

exercise.png
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am in for 145 miles for April. This is solely a total of the training walks that I have scheduled, so there may be more if I fit in extra walks. There is no swaying from the plan now. The walk is just 2 months away!!!!

exercise.png
  • bugmobile
    bugmobile Posts: 45
    Options
    I am in for 50 miles in April. This will be a total of walking/jogging as I am training my body to jog straight, but I still do a lot of walking right now.

Thank you for this opportunity!!!

exercise.png
  • lykimber
    lykimber Posts: 1
    Options
    I have never done this before, although I always have an idea and a plan of an exercize regiment and I usually follow, so for the month of April I commit to 36 miles of walk/run.
  • TeslaJoule
    TeslaJoule Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I'd like to join the challenge! What do I need to do? I'd like to try for 45 miles running only...

exercise.png
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    There's no rule for the distance you want to go, you're challenging yourself.
    Just to give you an idea, the average @ss-mover covers about 60 miles per month.

exercise.png
  • sandyrrt
    sandyrrt Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    This is a first for me. I am challenging myself to do 60 miles this month. I'm ready to roll!!