Do you log your high calorie days?

Options

Replies

• KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    If I'm not willing to log it, then I'm not going to eat it!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I log it all, otherwise a day over here and a day over there (unlogged) turns into a full on orgy of excess for weeks or months. Also, I track and graph my deficit and weight losses, so without semi-accurate info, that whole database is worthless and a waste of time.

I
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I log it all.. It helps me be accountable..

This!!
  • saintsfanatik
    saintsfanatik Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I try to, if for no other reason than for (a) completeness, and (b) maybe what I ate isn't so bad, or if I don't consume as much as I thought I was going to , I still have a chance to "pull back" that day, and not do too much damage.

Then again, you can have days like I do, where you're "good", and experience no progress, and then "blow it" and the next day, drop poundage. The human body is a strange thing, no?
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I log every day.

When I was on holiday for three weeks at Christmas I only logged breakfast each day, but I've logged in full every other day.
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I do. I feel crappy for awhile. Personally I do it to keep myself honest ... I used to sweep my eating 'under the rug' as if it didn't matter. I need to log for accountability's sake. People who relate to food differently than I do may not need to. YMMV. :smile:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    yup, though i must admit it pains me to see the numbers in red as well.
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I log it, I went through a period where I wasn't logging it. It would turn into a lot of things not getting logged, and no weight being lost. So I just quit, this time I log it all. The red numbers suck, but it lets me know I need to work a little harder tomorrow or the next day. Maybe some extra exercise to help balance out the calories etc.
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    If it hits my lips, it hits MFP... plain and simple...
  • balddonnie
    Options
    Log it, if you go over, so what, you are responsible for yourself and besides, if you desire to go over once and awhile I don't think it's a big deal!
  • robin49505
    robin49505 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Log it! It will help you be accountable to yourself! And yes, it happens to all of us - we're only here to help, not hinder your progress!
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log everything no matter what. I'm not cheating anyone but myself not logging.
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    i do even though it sucks but i am on this site to help me be accountable for what i do and eat.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Yes. No matter what it is. It all goes on there. :smile:
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I log it all. It doesn't bother me too much if I go into the red. I tend to be under on other days, so as long as my week works out I don't stress individual days.

If it bothers me that much, then I make myself exercise until I burn it off and am back in the green. Thinking about those exercises tends to really curb my appetite, lol!
  • Bevigal
    Bevigal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I always log in. Its a necessity for me because I am a diabetic and I have to keep track of sugars,sodium,fats and carbs.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Do you log your high calorie days?

Yes. My body knows about the calories, why shouldn't my brain?

Extremely well said.

I've also found that even some of my splurges weren't actually that bad -- I've only had 2-3 days where I was actively over maintenance and the worst is about 3300 net calories for the day. (visiting home when mother has just made fresh bread is not conducive to calorie counting)
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    log it .. it might not be as bad as you think :)

but whether or not you log , doesn't make a difference to your body .. IMO i would log it, be truthfull .. but to each their own
    :flowerforyou:
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i log those days, today was one of them. I had a big mac and med fries for lunch, and had a big supper so was over but I also did a 5k on the treadmill and I rarely do that so I am okay with my day.
  • RonneyMichelle
    RonneyMichelle Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yep I log it. I might not tbe otally correct cause it's hard to log when you've hit the Chinese buffet, so those days I overguess on the calorie intake. I'd rather be over than under. I think it helps to then look at your week rather than each day. I have never gone over my weekly intake even though I take every Friday and go out to eat one meal. I have noticed though that now I eat less than when I first started. We usually hit the Chinese buffet on Friday's. I would eat a lot more a few weeks back, but now it's less, but I am still marking it down for the same amount of cals.

I agree, that for some people the one meal a week helps boost the metabolism. I feel blessed that it has helpe me.

16009308.png