Ladies, How do you keep your cravings in check during that t

Options

Replies

• Leisha908
    Leisha908 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cheerios or skinny cow ice cream always gives me my chocolate fix.
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I dont get any different feelings to when im not having TOM! Occasional bad mood, but no change to cravings or such. If u crave, ur body needs something- I think I provide my body with what it needs well :)

Dont thin id cope with cravings! Id eat my weight in crisps!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I like to get the Ghiradelli dark chocolates with fillings from Costco. It comes with mint, rasberry, truffle and caramel. And they are individually wrapped. |I take my time and only eat one when it hits.
    Also, we use our ice cream maker to make low fat ice cream and put chocolate in it.
  • the_prettty1
    Options
    Dr. Oekter Dark Chocolate Mousse only has 100 calories per serving and you can make it with skim milk
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for the answer to this also...
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I know this might sound obvious to some...but my cycle is somewhat irregular. I find myself surprised when I can't figure out why I'm testy and binging. Then (after a day or two!) it crosses my mind that duh, maybe it's my hormonal time. So, I've been simply trying to be more aware of where I am in the month. I figure if I have more food in the house, though still healthy, that will help. And I agree that having chocolate around to feed into those cravings is good for me. Just one or two chocolates...NOT the entire cake! (yes, I sometimes have that conversation in my head) And of course, I remind myself that this will pass, that it's only a couple/few days, and that I'm strong enough NOT to sabotage everything I've worked up to.
  • juliee274
    juliee274 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I was JUST struggling with this last night as "Aunt Flo" is coming for a visit any day now! lol Though they are processed, Snackwell's has some great options for sweet cravings including their fudge drizzled popcorn (I personally love the white fudge drizzled caramel popcorn!) for only 130 calories a pack. The 100 calorie Nabisco and Snackwell chocolate cookies are also good....again, I particularly like the fudge-covered Nabisco cookies! Jello sugar-free pudding cups in the chocolate flavors are a good option is you are craving something creamy rather than crunchy. I read last night on the boards that PB2 (the powdered peanut butter) when mixed in a chocolate pudding cup is delicious!
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Snackwells has a carmel corn with white/ fudge drizzle. It is tasty. I have found my late night snaking is especially hard during that time of the month. But I also found that by keeping my cravings in check/or in moderation I have lost the most weight on my period. It must be when I have gained the most in the past because I haven't been in control then.The fact that I have lost during this time is great motivation, for me.So, I try to eat more of the healthier foods those days,still have a reasonable treat and excercise a little more. I found sipping something warm slowly helps,decaf coffee,warm almond milk,tea,etc. I like the whole wheat saltines,they help with the salt cravings. Good luck!
  • LitheOrangeRose
    Options
    I try and eat a little chocolate every day. Some of the ways I've found that help get a little chocolate for not a whole lot of punch is to put a little chocolate in my morning oatmeal. Usually I put two hershey's minis (dark or milk) broken up into the oatmeal and it is, to me, almost as good as oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

I've also made my own cocoa using Trader Joes unsweetened cocoa and a little stevia and it is a good way to get my calcium in at the same time.

And finally, I've tried chocolate nut butters. Again, it combines something filling with the craving. I currently really like chocolate almond butter.

And, of course, I occasionally give in and have a little extra chocolate on the side. But I found that after a week or two of forcing myself to eat chocolate in moderation, I'm satisfied enough with the little bit of chocolate every day and so if I go over during that time of month I don't feel like I do as much damage as I used to.

Good luck finding something that works for you!!!
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I still eat chocolate. If I didn't, I think I would die. I just make sure I work it off. I try to eat chocloate that lasts a little longer like kisses or m&m's and only have a couple! Don't deny yourself or you will end up over eating it...well I do anyway. Good luck! :)
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    When I feel the cravings coming on, the first thing I do is up my water intake. Lots and Lots of water and green iced tea for me. It helps with the cravings and the bloating.

I also keep a few bars of Godiva dark chocolate on hand and have a square or 2 per day. For me, it takes less dark chocolate to curb the craving than if I eat milk chocolate. Dark chocolate morsels work incredibly well too. -- Just take a few out of the bag and put the bag away (out of sight) before eating it...otherwise, you may end up with an empty bag before you know it!!! :noway:
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I sleep! :-)

Seriously, I do sleep a lot but not because of the cravings, it's the pain. But for the cravings, I give in a little - that's when the moderation police come in.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I think you have to recognize whats causing the craving. Like 3 days prior I get cravings for Subway or sweats. It used to be really bad, but now when I know my TOM is coming, I will stay away from the stores and eat lots of fruits. A light bulb usually goes off in my head saying...STOP IT ..lol
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I try to drink a glass of water first or I'll eat some baby carrots since they are pretty filling :happy:
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    WATERRR <3 Lots of it!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't, when TOM comes around I generally hold off on cravings from 2 days and then binge, and then the next day it's here. It's the only time that I binge anymore, and I try to keep the day still to no more than 500 over, so I don't really fret it.
  • mikanjuliansmommy
    Options
    Skinny Cow chocolates. So yummy and are portioned out. They helped me!

I just had the clusters yesterday so yummy. It really helped with my craving.
  • dalmiechick45
    dalmiechick45 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    that time of the month for me... ugh, last night example, was going mad for anything and everything I could eat...

So I stayed as busy as I could, BUT I also had a scoop of fat free breyers chocolate mouse ice cream (that stuff is really good, and tastes rich) only 90 cals, I love actual chocolate too, BUT keeping that in the hosue leads me to overindulge really quickly since 2-3 pcs can be so ... tempting into half a bag (but thats just me haha! ) The ice cream does the trick, and you feel like you're getting more bang for you cals so to speak!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I always have a square of dark chocolate and sometimes I have 2. Last night at my son's ball game, I ate 2 miniature chocolate bars and was still under on calories and carbs! I think if you give in a little (don't binge) you can still be OK.
  • mikanjuliansmommy
    Options
    When I feel the cravings coming on, the first thing I do is up my water intake. Lots and Lots of water and green iced tea for me. It helps with the cravings and the bloating.

I also keep a few bars of Godiva dark chocolate on hand and have a square or 2 per day. For me, it takes less dark chocolate to curb the craving than if I eat milk chocolate. Dark chocolate morsels work incredibly well too. -- Just take a few out of the bag and put the bag away (out of sight) before eating it...otherwise, you may end up with an empty bag before you know it!!! :noway:

I hear a lot about dark chocolate being better than milk chocolate you have a good idea about just snacking on a few morssals. I am going to try that.