So Who Married Youngest??

Options

Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    We got married at 21 [both of us] but we had been together since highschool; about 6 years total. And NOT out of wedlock. No kids EVER!!

No regrets. <3
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Me 20 Him 22
    Married for 12 years this August and still going strong!:heart:
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Me: 25
    Him: 49

18 years later we're still making it work....
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I was 20 when I got married & my husband was 23
    We dated 5 months & were engaged for 6 months

... and people said WE were too young to get married! Some of you all were married way before I even THOUGHT about it :noway: :happy:
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Both 20... married 18-years. Guess our ages. ;)

2(20)+18
    =2(38) (cuz you need to do the brackets first)
    =78 <carry the 4>
    = ummmmm potato

HA!

I was 19, he was 26...going on 10 years this Oct.
  • alarson88
    Options
    I was 21, he was 22. Started dating at 16 and 17 (high school sweethearts). I am 23 and he is 24 now. Married 2 years in October and just passed our 7 year "Dating" in March :love:
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see other people who got married young. I get tired of the negative responses I usually receive.

Ditto! :wink:

I was 19 and he was 20 when we got married. We've been together nearly 6 years and this august is our 4th wedding anniversary. Best part of it all is knowing we have it together when everyone said we didn't! :love: Not many are happily married at 23, own our own cars, and bought our first house in a great neighborhood. Up yurs, to all those that told us we couldn't. A big fat, "YES WE DID!" :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • misti17
    misti17 Posts: 106
    Options
    Starting dating my hubby when I was 15 years old, he was 17. We married when I was 20 and he was 22. We have been together now for 24 years, married for 19! He is my best friend!
  • ilvmykidz
    ilvmykidz Posts: 66
    Options
    Dating-
    Me:14
    Him:16
    Married
    Me: 19
    Him: 21
    Married for almost 8 yrs and together for almost 13yrs(. No "break ups" in between) With 3 children and still VERY happy : )
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    He was 19 and I had just turned 19. We've been married 27 years! Still young enough to enjoy being empty nesters! And I still loving every minute of being married to my best friend! :)
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I was raised jehovah's witness so ALL my girlfriends except one got married before they turned 20....and MOST of them are divorced now....funny how just having sex can't make a marriage last, right? It's nice to see so many people who made it, because people nowadays don't take marriage serious AT ALL anymore. *I'm 24 and still waiting for Mr. Right, but no rush*
  • esimmons99
    Options
    I WAS 21 SHE WAS 18, 43 YEARS THIS JULY. DATED 3 YEARS. 2 BOYS 5 GRANDKIDS LATER AND WE STILL ENJOY BEING TOGETHER..
    LETS HEAR FROM SOMEONE 44 OR BETTER
  • carlalwr
    carlalwr Posts: 11
    Options
    We both were 17 (a couple of weeks away from being 18, i am a day older than him lol!!) when we married. We will be married for 19 years in May:)!!! And we have been together for about 21 years.
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I was 19 he was one week shy of 27 and we have been happily married for over 14 yrs!! We only dated for 3 1/2 months and married! People were making bets on our wedding day that we wouldn't make it a year ( we just recently found that out LOL) The funny part one of the ones betting has been married 4 times .... kind of hurt my feelings for a second.
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    We both were 17 (a couple of weeks away from being 18, i am a day older than him lol!!) when we married. We will be married for 19 years in May:)!!! And we have been together for about 21 years.

I think you win!
  • paendrag
    paendrag Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me: 17 (6 weeks after my 17th b'day)
    Her: 17 (2 weeks after her 17th b'day)

Our first child was born seven months later. We were married for 10 years and had 3 children together.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Me - 23
    Her - 21

This summer will be 25 years married.
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I had just turned 18 and he was 22.

Wow how time flies.
  • Mustaine4Pres
    Options
    me:19
    him: 20

married: 18 years
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    me:19(the day b4 my bday lol)
    him:20
    we'll be celebrating our 5 year anniversary this august!