running shirtless and short shorts

Options
Alright this is really just a conversation for fun. There a two things I want to discuss. The first is running shirtless. At what point in fitness is it OK for a guy to run shirtless. Its pretty hot here in Bahrain and I figured I would try to get a little bit of a tan so I was running shirtless and got a lot of weird looks. How fit do you need to be for this to be OK?
The second is running shorts. I've started to buy shorter running shorts ( about mid thigh) because they are far more comfortable and often have a liner with a little support for the boys. Guys usually tease me for these but what do you ladies think? My wife seems to like them!:smile:

Replies

• Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Well, I never run without a shirt, because nobody wants to see my fat belly jiggle up and down. You look like you could pull it off though (and I mean that in the most non-gay way possible).

As far as shorts go, just wear whatever is most comfortable for you when running, it's not a fashion show.
  • walkner88
    walkner88 Posts: 165
    Options
    Aww I thought that this would cause more of a debate. So what are some things people see wearing while working out or running they shouldn't be?
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    The most important thing for a runner is comfort. Who cares what other ppl think of you? If it is legal and you are comfortable then wear what you want to wear.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Did you know that where I live they passed a law that allows women to go around topless!! As long as it is a non-sexual way. So I wonder how that'd look with my big gals bouncing up and down while I jog down a heavy traffic area lol
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Did you know that where I live they passed a law that allows women to go around topless!! As long as it is a non-sexual way. So I wonder how that'd look with my big gals bouncing up and down while I jog down a heavy traffic area lol

I was just thinking that as well, as in Ontario we're allowed to be topless.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Is running shirtless even legal in Bahrain?
  • walkner88
    Options
    I don't know because I'm a guy, but that seems like it would be really uncomfortable to run that way for women....
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I don't know because I'm a guy, but that seems like it would be really uncomfortable to run that way for women....

It'd be soooo uncomfortable.
  • walkner88
    Options
    Is running shirtless even legal in Bahrain?

On base and on the beach. Bahrain is pretty liberal for a Muslim country though.
  • walkner88
    Options

It'd be soooo uncomfortable.
    That's what I thought. Lol. Sounds painful!
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Weeeellll, I work at a university and I have no objections to the young fit athletes running topless in their shorty shorts. I can't lie and say if someone less attractive did it I wouldn't immediately think "yikes!" slowly followed by a "well at least he is doing something about it and obviously self-assured"

In your case, I'm sure you look just fine running in whatever, but guys are going to pick on you no matter what. Thats how you boys are.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    You look pretty in shape!! But maybe it is the culture that dictates that nobody runs shirtless. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing you running haha!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I personally don't have any issue with men running around shirtless or with whatever size shorts.... But I guess it does depends.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Some of my friends (boys) ran track and cross country in college and they are always topless and in little shorty shorts. I guess it's normal for me cause I used to see them out running all the time like that.
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    Just the slightest bit of sunshine and people start ripping off clothes anyway so shirtless running doesn't feel like something u should get weird looks for.. the short shorts however looool.. but I'm thinking hot pants.. mid thigh is alright
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    There was a dude who ran at my Warrior Dash in a g-string, collar, bow-tie and cuffs. And he had a pretty good body, but still.. I didn't like that I had to crawl through the mud after he got done crawling through the mud with just a thin strip of elastic covering his bunghole.
  • walkner88
    Options
    There was a dude who ran at my Warrior Dash in a g-string, collar, bow-tie and cuffs. And he had a pretty good body, but still.. I didn't like that I had to crawl through the mud after he got done crawling through the mud with just a thin strip of elastic covering his bunghole.
    This sounds like a hilarious time. Lol. I think I have an idea for my next pt test :wink:
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

My chest is WAY too large for that. NEED support haha
  • walkner88
    Options
    Just the slightest bit of sunshine and people start ripping off clothes anyway so shirtless running doesn't feel like something u should get weird looks for.. the short shorts however looool.. but I'm thinking hot pants.. mid thigh is alright
    I'm not going to lie some are a little shorter than others. Lol. Let's just say I would probably have some sort of indecency charges if I wasn't careful while stretching
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm not going to lie some are a little shorter than others. Lol. Let's just say I would probably have some sort of indecency charges if I wasn't careful while stretching

ahahaha..... stretch infront of a tree or something