running shirtless and short shorts

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Just put on clothes.
    :grumble:

You don't see any other animals wearing clothes when they run now do you? This is completely true. Hahah

lol other animals only do three things, everyone running around naked would be terrible for the economy.. think of the children! *sobs*

But they do seem a lot happier than all of us running around. My dogs have never worn clothes and are way faster and more relaxed than I am

you dog also enjoys alpo.. and understand the fundementals of licking his *kitten*.. still want to use that analogy?

Man, that would cut down on my grocery bill...

And...toilet paper lol.
  • walkner88
    walkner88 Posts: 165
    Options
    Just put on clothes.

You don't see any other animals wearing clothes when they run now do you? This is completely true. Hahah

lol other animals only do three things, everyone running around naked would be terrible for the economy.. think of the children! *sobs*

But they do seem a lot happier than all of us running around. My dogs have never worn clothes and are way faster and more relaxed than I am

you dog also enjoys alpo.. and understand the fundementals of licking his *kitten*.. still want to use that analogy?

And...toilet paper lol.
    I like this argument. I was going with decreasing the world food shortage and improved personal hygiene but I do love to save money!
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Just put on clothes.

And...toilet paper lol.
    I like this argument. I was going with decreasing the world food shortage and improved personal hygiene but I do love to save money!

bahahahah
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Lol =D
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Just put on clothes.

And...toilet paper lol.

Weird.
    :ohwell:
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Wear what's comfortable.. but... I personally don't like those running shorts that have the cuts for venting on the site... shows a bit too much. But when you run you can't have anything binding or chafing. I run in tights in the winter and don't give a damn what I look like.

There are 2 older/heavy set guys in my neighborhood who run together shirtless in short shorts. I give them props for running but ... think it's funny. I understand not wanting to get a 'farmer's' tan.
  • walkner88
    Options
    Wear what's comfortable.. but... I personally don't like those running shorts that have the cuts for venting on the site... shows a bit too much. But when you run you can't have anything binding or chafing. I run in tights in the winter and don't give a damn what I look like.

There are 2 older/heavy set guys in my neighborhood who run together shirtless in short shorts. I give them props for running but ... think it's funny. I understand not wanting to get a 'farmer's' tan.
    Ha. I always thought it was awesome when old guys did this. You could always tell they were the same short shorts they had run in back in college. I hope to hit that " I don't care what anyone thinks" stage at some point.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Alright this is really just a conversation for fun. There a two things I want to discuss. The first is running shirtless. At what point in fitness is it OK for a guy to run shirtless. Its pretty hot here in Bahrain and I figured I would try to get a little bit of a tan so I was running shirtless and got a lot of weird looks. How fit do you need to be for this to be OK?
    The second is running shorts. I've started to buy shorter running shorts ( about mid thigh) because they are far more comfortable and often have a liner with a little support for the boys. Guys usually tease me for these but what do you ladies think? My wife seems to like them!:smile:

Just make sure you have a tan. Pasty man legs are a no-no.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Alright this is really just a conversation for fun. There a two things I want to discuss. The first is running shirtless. At what point in fitness is it OK for a guy to run shirtless. Its pretty hot here in Bahrain and I figured I would try to get a little bit of a tan so I was running shirtless and got a lot of weird looks. How fit do you need to be for this to be OK?
    The second is running shorts. I've started to buy shorter running shorts ( about mid thigh) because they are far more comfortable and often have a liner with a little support for the boys. Guys usually tease me for these but what do you ladies think? My wife seems to like them!:smile:

Men with great bodies and a good tan can run shirtless up and down my street all day long, fine by me :) short shorts on men are never ever ever ever ok. Ever.

Never. :noway:
  • walkner88
    Options

Men with great bodies and a good tan can run shirtless up and down my street all day long, fine by me :) short shorts on men are never ever ever ever ok. Ever.

Well bigoted opinion on short shorts aside :laugh: how are we supposed to get the tan if we can't run shirtless before that?
  • walkner88
    Options

Well I think we have already proven through this very scientific study that short shorts should be worn by every man not wearing a g string, however how are we to get the tan if we can't run outside shirtless and short shorted before that?
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I'd only do it if it was really sunny so I could get a better tan at the same time.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options

Well I think we have already proven through this very scientific study that short shorts should be worn by every man not wearing a g string, however how are we to get the tan if we can't run outside shirtless and short shorted before that?

Go to the beach? Sit outside in your underwear? I dunno.. figure it out. lol
  • walkner88
    Options

Go to the beach? Sit outside in your underwear? I dunno.. figure it out. lol

Well I've got to say that sitting outside in my scivies sounds way creepier than awesome short shorts :wink: also may get me arrested in Bahrain. Ha
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    At what point in fitness is it OK for a guy to run shirtless. Its pretty hot here in Bahrain and I figured I would try to get a little bit of a tan so I was running shirtless and got a lot of weird looks. How fit do you need to be for this to be OK?

Even if the guy is SUPER sexy Brad Pitt hot, I still don't want to see him topless unless it's in the bedroom or at a designated topless place like the beach or pool. There is just something so unneccesary and uncomfortable about it....we live in a SOCIETY, and it is approriate to wear shirts at almost all public places. Have some modesty and save it for that special lady, no matter HOW HOT you are. :happy:

And for the record it's NOT less hot temperature wise to wear less clothes, large billowy clothes actually keep you cooler if you want to get technical. AND WOMEN HAVE TO WEAR SHIRTS so SUCK IT UP and don't use the "but it's cooler without a top" excuse. :wink:

I think short shorts are a bit weird due to cultural norms, however if someone is wearing them running and is obviously a runner, I assume they are wearing them BECAUSE they are better for running and so I don't give it a second thought. However, if you are wearing them to the gym and I can see your junk when you are lifting....NOT COOL.:grumble:
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Ok, so here's the scoop. I really don't care how it looks. I run shirtless most of the time. The temp really doesn't matter. I've run shirtless in 30 degree weather. For me it's all about comfort. I hate when my nips get all chaffed and bleed. I also hate when my armbits do the same thing. So, when I run, I almost always run shirtless!
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Did you know that where I live they passed a law that allows women to go around topless!! As long as it is a non-sexual way. So I wonder how that'd look with my big gals bouncing up and down while I jog down a heavy traffic area lol

I was just thinking that as well, as in Ontario we're allowed to be topless.

Yes, we do have that law in Ontario, have for years. But I have yet to see any woman walk around topless. I don't think it happens.
  • walkner88
    Options
    At what point in fitness is it OK for a guy to run shirtless. Its pretty hot here in Bahrain and I figured I would try to get a little bit of a tan so I was running shirtless and got a lot of weird looks. How fit do you need to be for this to be OK?

Even if the guy is SUPER sexy Brad Pitt hot, I still don't want to see him topless unless it's in the bedroom or at a designated topless place like the beach or pool. There is just something so unneccesary and uncomfortable about it....we live in a SOCIETY, and it is approriate to wear shirts at almost all public places. Have some modesty and save it for that special lady, no matter HOW HOT you are. :happy:

And for the record it's NOT less hot temperature wise to wear less clothes, large billowy clothes actually keep you cooler if you want to get technical. AND WOMEN HAVE TO WEAR SHIRTS so SUCK IT UP and don't use the "but it's cooler without a top" excuse. :wink:

I think short shorts are a bit weird due to cultural norms, however if someone is wearing them running and is obviously a runner, I assume they are wearing them BECAUSE they are better for running and so I don't give it a second thought.
    Hey at least I got a little support for the short shorts. I used to hate how uncomfortable my legs would feel while running until I started getting them shorter. The long new just bunch up and run together the whole time. Its just silly
  • walkner88
    Options
    Did you know that where I live they passed a law that allows women to go around topless!! As long as it is a non-sexual way. So I wonder how that'd look with my big gals bouncing up and down while I jog down a heavy traffic area lol

I was just thinking that as well, as in Ontario we're allowed to be topless.

Yes, we do have that law in Ontario, have for years. But I have yet to see any woman walk around topless. I don't think it happens.
    Its appalling to not see people using their freedoms. People all around the world are fighting for freedoms just like these! :smile:
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options
    Also depends where you live. In Alberta it's really common to see a man running shirtless and short shorts are unfortunately also pretty common here for men.