I don't have a single tattoo

Options

Replies

• Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    I love my ink, I don't regret any of them and plan on getting more. Do what you want to do...
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Me too and it's long past time we do something about that.

^^^ agree...but i'm a wimp when it comes to pain... :sad:
    I seriously LOVE needles. Like, loooooooove them. The slight burn, the scrape, it's awesome.

I also like shots and giving blood, though, so take that for what it's worth. I'm strange.

I'm the same way, except for the needles for shots or blood! that scares the hell out of me lol but the pain from a tattoo is sweet! after about 8 hours of sitting and getting tattooed it starts to hurt a lot, I can only describe it as taking an exacto to your skin lol I stopped at nine hours because I was physically and mentally destroyed haha
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    i don't have a single tie dye.

Winner winner, chicken dinner
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    Every time you comment in a forum, it's rude. Do you make yourself feel better by trying to insult others?

Damn! I quoted the wrong chick.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,743 Member
    Options
    What should I do?
    Whatever you want.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    When people ask me why I don't have any tatoos I say "Would you put a bumper sticker on a ferrari?" :laugh:
  • keigyarto
    keigyarto Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My two cents, for what they are worth. I agree with some of the comments here. Like, make sure you're sure, think long and hard, get them for you... I have two and I love them both. I thought a long time about both of them and they are both in places that are easy to hide if need be. Most of my co-workers don't even know I have them. I like it that way because unfortunately there are people in the world who judge.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm getting one a year from May on my 40th birthday. Don't know what yet though
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Get a tattoo of the art piece that's been hanging over your parents' mantle for the last 50 years. You know, the one everyone is tired of looking at.
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    We have a rule about tattoos in our house (for those who don't already have one): Think about something you want and keep that idea in your head for one year. If you still like that idea one year later - go get it.

Once you have a few, you get better at determining what you do, and do not want.

I have a few, and still use this rule. Thank goodness - otherwise I'd have a fairy and a rolling stones tongue. No bueno.

I have used this rule for all of my ink. I also make sure I research the artist and make sure they have a good reputation, nice portfolio and the style I am looking for.

Oh, and the last rule of thumb...you get what you pay for. Don't be stingy, if the artist charges 120 or more an hour for an 8 hour piece, save your money and go for it. You won't regret it, but you will regret going for the guy that gives you a fuzzy, average tattoo at a reasonable price.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    you dont want a tatoo it sounds like your just bored, i dont have any and plan to keep it that way, besides nothing is more beautiful than you own natural flesh.
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Get that full-back mural of Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson that you've always wanted.

Then go shirtless at a Slayer concert.
    Wait, you stole that from my answer to the "what is your dream reward for reaching your goal" thread!
    You can still do it... just flip-flop which sides MJ and Biebs are on. Boom, original.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Me too and it's long past time we do something about that.

^^^ agree...but i'm a wimp when it comes to pain... :sad:
    I seriously LOVE needles. Like, loooooooove them. The slight burn, the scrape, it's awesome.

I also like shots and giving blood, though, so take that for what it's worth. I'm strange.

you scare me just a little... but in a good, shivery sort of way...
    I've heard that more than once. :blushing:
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    What should I do?

keep it that way.

yep. yep.

personally, I wouldn't get one unless I had a VERY good sentimental reason to do so.
  • Kristiina67
    Kristiina67 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Choose to be unique and mysterious by not getting one. That's what I did. LOL

Hehe! I swear I am one of the only ones I know who does not have one. -- My sentiments exactly; I feel unique :)
  • LadyWingsFan
    Options
    I agree :) I'm in the minority since I don't have one, and I like it that way :)
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Did you know that in America 2/3rd of all people in their 20s and 30s have at least one tattoo? It's funny because getting a tattoo was once thought of as being "rebelious" but now it is actually rebelious (at least to be in the minority, anyway) to NOT have one.

Which is why I don't.:happy: :tongue:

Agreed - We are rebels :bigsmile:
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have 7 all with meaning, do it! Make sure it means something that when you are 90 you won't mind it still being there.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    .......consider getting one? i have never regretted it. i LOVE my tat. plan on getting another for my next bday... a little scorpion on my neck behind my ear. currently i have what is apparently called a 'tramp stamp' of a sunflower (with thorns).
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Every time you comment in a forum, it's rude. Do you make yourself feel better by trying to insult others?

Damn! I quoted the wrong chick.

:huh: Now I'm curious......to whom are you referring?