Ok. So I've never done a dating site. POF experience after 1

Options
Banks01
Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
A friend HERE is having fun there and reccomended/suggested/encouraged me to go look

I've always shied away from dating sites, just not my thing.

And now I've got 15 or so "wants to meets" people yet NONE are ones I want to meet.

Anyone had success there? I'm doubting this is an effective way.

Replies

• Banks01
    Options
    Whoops. Make that 18
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I met my husband 11 1/2 years ago through yahoo personals! Met 3 great guys, one kinda creepy one. It was a great experience.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I had great success on there :) still with the love of my life 25months later and planning our future
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    No, but your profile must be pretty interesting to get that many responses. Good luck!

I don't think I could ever do a dating site, but that's just me and my personality.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I only get booty call attempts from POF
  • yarn_nerd
    yarn_nerd Posts: 26
    Options
    6 years ago I joined EHarmony, we chit-chatted for a couple weeks, went out on a date, starting dating exclusively, we bought a house in 2010, and got married the day before Thanksgiving of 2011. Totally wasn't expecting to meet 'the one'.

Good luck :D
  • JennATC
    JennATC Posts: 64
    Options
    My mom met her husband on Yahoo personals. You never know.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I met my BF on POF. I just ignored the "matches" that were of no interest. He wasn't even a "match" we had very little in common.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I have to say that if I were looking for a man, the fact you have a golden would be a huge thing for me! LOL. I am such a golden retriever lover and any man who has one by his own choice can be nothing but good!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I have heard bad things about POF. That being said, I am sure there are some good dating sites out there. You might have to pay for a quality site though.
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I don't know what POF is, but I've been married to my online experience for 11 years. We met online before it was "normal" to meet people online. Forget the fact that he was from Massachusetts and I am from TX. It's been AWESOME! Take a chance, and have fun. You never know who you might meet!
  • mary2184
    mary2184 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had no luck with POF - just a lot of unwanted contact from creepers. Ended up on Match.com for 2 mos...A handful of dead end dates later and I finally my now b/f of going on 9 mos! I feel like paying helped weed out the creepiest of the creepy. Not foolproof, but helped some.
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    Okcupid is a much better site. Pof is a site where people are just looking for *kitten* basically lol
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I only get booty call attempts from POF

Yep me too........
  • Banks01
    Options
    I have heard bad things about POF. That being said, I am sure there are some good dating sites out there. You might have to pay for a quality site though.

I don't really want to be on a dating site per se. I've been pretty happy finding dates traditionally. You know, actually meeting and talking to someone lol.

It's kind of an exploration of a new side of me
  • sparklefly74
    sparklefly74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was on Match.com. It tried to match me with my ex-husband, lol. The majority of people I met on there were players. It was kind of good for an ego boost though.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Met my fiance on OkCupid (which is free, by the way). Met a lot of great people on there over time, actually, and some are still friends! But the last one happens to be the best thing that ever happened to me :)
  • quink77
    quink77 Posts: 91
    Options
    I registered on OKCupid almost a year ago. Of course, there are creepers out there, and you have to be careful, but the majority of men I have met have been really great. The best thing about OKC is that it is entirely free.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I got stalked by someone on POF......but I meant my current BF on Match.com and swear to everyone I talk to he is the LOVE of my life and SOULmate!! Love that man to pieces. So there is success out there, but it takes time and a lot of searching :-) Good Luck!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I have friends who met their now husbands/wives on eHarmony and OKCupid. I guess the pay sites weed out a lot, but not all, of the creeps/bootycallers.