2 minute Low Carb, High Protein CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BROW

Options

Replies

• salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Do I need a protein powder? I have cocoa powder and peanut butter and milk, it sounds so good, do you think it will work?

Yep.

We add protein powder just to get more protein in the diet - its not the make-or-break ingredient :) Maybe a bit of flour instead might help, just to give it a bit of consistency though.
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    bumping to try but I have to get chocolate protein powder, I have strawberry and that wont work lol

You might be okay - I did one with cookies + cream powder instead of chocolate, no added cocoa, and it still tasted great. Couldn't taste the cookie part at all.
  • lauraladell
    Options
    Good idea, thanks
  • scurry12
    scurry12 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the recipe! This is my first post on MFP!

I tweaked mine a bit as I knew that I would want to eat the whole thing. Here is what I did (I only have vanilla protein powder on hand):

1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 tbsp pb
    1 tbsp FF Hot chocolate (Nestle makes one for 20 cal for 2 tbsp)
    1 egg
    1 tbsp chocolate almond milk

This came to 252 calories and 23 grams of protein! What a great breakfast!

This was good and filling. I think that I cooked it a bit too long because it was a bit dried out. I would suggest spraying your mug with cooking spray for easier clean up.

Also, now I know why people "bump!" It took me forever to find this post again!

Thanks again!
  • birdinho
    birdinho Posts: 86 Member
    Options

If your fromt he UK its worth adding a little bit of Cadbury Philedelphia for the extra chocolate taste.

We have cadbury philadelphia??.. why was i not informed.. I need to hunt this thing down lol

OHHH YES WE DO!!!! Its been on offer in tesco for the past few weeks. Its amazing!!! I lob it on my ricecakes aswel and stuck peanut butter on too. Healthy snickers taste!!
  • birdinho
    birdinho Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Do I need a protein powder? I have cocoa powder and peanut butter and milk, it sounds so good, do you think it will work?

Yep.

We add protein powder just to get more protein in the diet - its not the make-or-break ingredient :) Maybe a bit of flour instead might help, just to give it a bit of consistency though.

yeah you will be fine with a bit of flour instead. Just a quick way to up your protein without having to glug down a load of shakes.
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options

If your fromt he UK its worth adding a little bit of Cadbury Philedelphia for the extra chocolate taste.

We have cadbury philadelphia??.. why was i not informed.. I need to hunt this thing down lol

OHHH YES WE DO!!!! Its been on offer in tesco for the past few weeks. Its amazing!!! I lob it on my ricecakes aswel and stuck peanut butter on too. Healthy snickers taste!!

I just bought some.... it's on like donkey kong!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    saving for later
  • OhioMade
    OhioMade Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bumpbwiththanks!
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    bump, love it
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    bump!
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am so having this in the morning. I have chocolate/peanut butter protein powder so all the better, I love peanut butter.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I made it! It was quite dry, tasted like peanut butter bread. This did not keep me from eating it. I think next time I'll add a little Splenda and either some cream cheese or sour cream. Thanks!!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    bump, I'm drooling right now!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    :love: BUMPITY BUMP!!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious! x
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    KER POW
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    where do you buy your protein powder from in the uk?
  • MrsNunny
    MrsNunny Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    might have to try this one ~ thanks for sharing!