Saggy boobs :(

Options
124»

Replies

• jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think women need to realize that there is a HUGE difference between not having perky girls after children, into your 40's and beyond, etc... and not having them in your early twenties, when realistically they should be in their "prime."

This topic, along with the topic of stretch marks, always irritates me a bit. People generally chime in saying you earned them, not to worry, can't do anything about it, don't care what anyone else thinks, yadda yadda. But 99% of these comments come from women who actually HAVE "earned" them - and they're are totally right, they shouldn't be ashamed of them. They did a beautiful thing (ie childbirth) and they should be proud.

But guess what? It's not so nice to be the girl in her early twenties with sagging breasts or stretch marks. I'm also betting that many people who chime in and say not to worry were able to enjoy a youth with perky girls and blemish free skin. It's just not the same thing, and it's not unreasonable for young women to want to have a young woman's body.

THIS! Thank you! I am still young and I feel like I should have cute round boobs, not the deflated small ones I have now. the skin is very thin and almost wrinkled. I hate looking at them naked, honestly.
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options

I see your point. But as a RN, I've also seen plenty of unclothed women of all ages--young and childless to grandmothers. It is very common and normal for young women to have stretch marks--they often come from rapid body changes and weight gain at puberty. It is common and normal for young women to have cellulite--your increased estrogen levels is what causes fat to look that way. And young women's breasts come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Some are flat. Some are perky. Some are more round, some are more cone-shaped. Most are asymmetrical to some degree. But once you start getting to a C cup and above, it is unusual for them to still be perky! Some sagging, even among young childless women, is NORMAL. It becomes more pronounced as you age and have children. You could sink thousands of dollars into breast surgery in your 20s, but you'll have to do it again (I've seen pictures--OMG! I'll take what I have over sagging implants, thanks!)
    As a young woman, I hated my stretch marks, my cellulite, and my saggy C-cup breasts. I strived for an unrealistic expectation that I would never reach. My unrealistic expectations did not come from the other women around me.
    As an older woman, I've grown wise and spotted the BS in the messages we are constantly given. Everytime you see an image in the media, you are being sold something--what are you being sold? Who is transmitting these messages? Why do they want you to buy into this message? Who is profitting from them? And do you really want to feed it?

What I want, actually, is to be comfortable in my own skin. There are COUNTLESS people who are here for the exact same reason.

My main point is that we should be allowed to want to do things for ourselves. Just because I don't want sagging breasts doesn't mean I'm buying into what the media presents, that I have unrealistic expectations, or that I'm doing it for anyone but myself.

What I want is to be able to look in the mirror and feel satisfied. Am I striving perfection? No. Every woman has a different idea of how they would like themselves to look; of what they can live with, of what they care about, of what they would like to change. Some of this is unhealthily fueled by the unobtainable goal of perfection presented by the media. But some of it is also just normal girls with normal expectations.

I know I'm not some freak to have less than perky tatas and stretch marks from puberty and weight gain. But I ALSO know I'm not a freak to want to diminish some of those attributes.

So again -- what I want is to feel comfortable in my own skin. And I want people to stop telling me that it shouldn't matter.
  • jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You are my hero, mexismom! Also, this thread seems to have generated friend requests from strange men with closed profiles, ugh.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    A breast lift is definitely on my bucket list. I'm not sure it will ever happen, but I hold out hope! It doesn't help any that I live with a 17-year-old with perfect boobs, so I'm constantly reminded of what mine USED to look like. Does it help any to know that we're all in the same boat?
  • Iceylyons
    Iceylyons Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Basically what it comes down to is each one of us. Whether or not we can feel comfortable with ourselves, clothed or naked. Implants or Augmentation is not right for some and acceptable for others.

Many good points were made and some of you were right when you said we SHOULDN'T be forced into thinking we have to look a certain way due to media. But some of us (myself included) have let far too many years go by being unhappy with ourselves. Changing our lifestyles is the just the beginning to the journey. When I lose my weight, I want to completely feel good about myself, not look at my thin body and lament about my saggy boobies. I want to feel sexy!!

Now, I still have stretch-marks and always will....to ME, those are my battle wounds from having my children. I actually can deal with keeping them. But the boobs? Nope.

If there was a certain food to eat or certain exercises I could do to fix the sagginess, then I absolutely would instead of taking the "easy" way out. But, as been pointed out here, there are no such things. If I had an accident and my face got messed up, would it be bad for me to have a plastic surgeon fix it so that I am happy with myself? Technically, wouldn't I be getting the surgery because society tells me that's not beautiful? Not necessarily. You have a terrific point concerning the media and what society does to us women, however, the most important part is wanting to do it for ourselves! Wanting to feel sexy and beautiful. Isn't that largely why most of us are trying to lose weight? So that we can feel good about OURSELVES?

Maybe implants or lifts aren't the best thing to do. No one is here trying to convince someone else to get one. Ladies, all we can do in this world is stick to our guns and do what is best for ourselves. =) We have to live in our skin and we should be able to do whatever necessary to feel as gorgeous on the outside as we are on the inside.
  • Iceylyons
    Options
    You are my hero, mexismom! Also, this thread seems to have generated friend requests from strange men with closed profiles, ugh.

:grumble: Guys can be so gross
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Soupskin
    Soupskin Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hope I'm not being creepy here but...

Please understand that when a man (in general) gets to see naked breasts, it is such a great thing that we appreciate ALL of them. Sure, everyone likes to dress up and feel sexy when doing such. But when it comes time for more intimate conditions, we are generally not picky and quite thrilled with whatever you may have to offer.

If you want surgery, make sure it is for yourself. I'm pretty sure I can speak for most men when I say we love them all, in all shapes and sizes.

(and I promise not to send anyone friend requests. just sharing something that my wife says she wished she had realized years ago)
  • Iceylyons
    Options
    Lol, that's not being creepy =) Creepy is offering free Breast Exams :tongue:

I appreciate what you said. I think most of us here that want to fix the boobs really do want to do it for themselves. I know I do, although I do admit my husband is part of that decision. I know he will still be happy, blah blah blah, but I think me feeling the best about myself is also for his benefit.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thanks for saying this! I'm in the same boat, no idea what kind of advice to give- except that we all come in different shapes and sizes and sometimes some of us pull the short-straw.
    Ok, so I'm almost 26 years old, have never had kids and need to lose about 20 pounds of body fat. A few years ago I went on a very successful diet, dropping about 40 lbs, going from a 38DD to a 34C. Unfortunatley I gained some back, going up to a 36C. Most of the weight I gained is in my butt and stomach. I have a strong chest because I lift weights frequently, so I don't think that's going to help. I'm just freaked out that if I lose any more weight, it will come from what boobs I have left, and they DON'T look good now. I plan on getting a boob job when I can afford it one day, but in the meantime, I don't know what to do.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    There might be a silver lining to saggy boobs.........

1. I can play the "Can you tie them in a knot, Can you tie them in a bow..." Game....with my boobs

2. When the hubby doesn't listen...........SMACK 'em with the boob upside the back of the head

3. Soon I can play Jump Rope....without having to invest the $1.oo at the Dollar Tree for an actual jump rope

4. If I attach dusters to boobie tassles, I can just simply walk around the house and dust the baseboards without the back pain of bending over

5. They hide the saggy BELLY FAT :wink:

LMAO.....Just kidding! Boobie Job it is! :laugh:

Too funny!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Cheer up kids!
    I'm almost 40 ... And it shows.
    My boobs look like a pair of knee-highs with an orange at the bottom.
    I have national geographic boobies. The only things I'm missing to complete the look is some ear and neck expanders.
    I'm SERIOUSLY considering having them fitted with tap shoes... Might as well earn me some money while they're down there.

-a
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    We should start a club. The Saggy Boobie Club... personalize our tickers to show a picture of tennis balls in socks.

Seriously though, I don't ever remember my boobs being particularly perky. I think the first time I really started noticing was around my senior year in high school. I was a fairly full 34C, and I can recall being like, "shouldn't these puppies point up?!"

I maintained 120-140lbs through high school and into university until I started steadily gaining about two years ago. The last bra I bought, when I had a moment of, "I'm never getting any bigger than this! I will start losing weight immediately! But I suppose I need a bra in the mean time..." was a 36D.

Of course, then I gained more, haha. So I ought to be strapping the girls into something bigger, but I'm stubborn so we make do.

My concern now is how they are going to look when I lose 80lbs to get back down around 120lbs. I was perfectly happy with the size of the tatas then, but I'm not really looking forward to the "deflated" part. I wish a lift didn't leave such prominent scars as that's ideally what I would like to do. For now, I guess we'll have to see how they look when I'm done.

I suppose it's better to be a skinny b!tch with saggy boobs than a fat girl with saggy boobs... ;)
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    That's funny.

A few years ao my mother was traveling the bitish isles with a friend of hers. My mom, not on to be shy about any topic, started rambling on and on about how she'd like to have a breast reduction. Then when on a tangent about how she'd rather have her big floppy boobs rather than looooong, flat, pancake boobs with a deer nose on the bottom. Her female friend said with a dsappointed sigh, "you just described my boobs". :-)